The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
I think it'll be an alright track but probably won't come close to Remember You. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Been listening to the album the past few days, and after initially being disappointed, I LOVE this album. Not quite HOB, but is comparable to Thursday and of course better than DOS and KL.

Tell Your Friends is legendary 
pimp.gif
 Not one single flaw on that joint. Losers and Angel are my next favorite tracks, the instrumental on Losers is fire too.

Hell, even Often has grown on me, and I couldn't stand it when I first heard it. 
laugh.gif

Only song I skip is As You Are, because it is a ******* trash song. Should've including KOTF instead of that.

Been listening to the album the past few days, and after initially being disappointed, I LOVE this album. Not quite HOB, but is comparable to Thursday and of course better than DOS and KL.

Tell Your Friends is legendary 
pimp.gif
 Not one single flaw on that joint. Losers and Angel are my next favorite tracks, the instrumental on Losers is fire too.

Hell, even Often has grown on me, and I couldn't stand it when I first heard it.  
laugh.gif

Only song I skip is As You Are, because it is a ******* trash song. Should've including KOTF instead of that.
I feel like folks are just trying to invent the most alternative posts

Go with the flow here but go totally against the grain there 

Last edited:
God damn If Abel was a playwright it'll be nothing be Greek Tragedies. The beginning of the album talking about a savage life only because he's cancerous to everyone he touches while being told to not bother trying. But still strives onward to find a cure to the poison he carries along. Only to find he'll never find a cure. He's decided to drive off the cliff but rather then making it a miserable view he'll be content with seeing a few sights along the way. Angel is such a perfect way to end the album with her reply back of repeating his words. Same cliff, different cars.

/random rant. I just had a moment

Very impressed at how good this album is from the intro to outro. You can really hear the King of Pop influence on the majority of the tracks. This album seems more commercial and mainstream but it sounds refreshing and new. Abel is the best R&B artist doing it today. Sorry Miguel, Abel is the king right now.

Sigh at this album.

Listened to it 2x, was meh. Trying to get myself to put it on my phone and get it on my headphones...just haven't gotten to it. Didn't excite me, ish is bland as hell.

Don't get me wrong, happy for Abel.

At least this thread is comedy.

PS

I like Pray 4 Love

Fight me

Now where is that new disclosure track to help me forget about Losers

Last edited:
So what are the projections? From what I'm reading, BBTM comes in second to Drake's IYRTITL in terms of sales in the first week for 2015

I also read that as of August Drake's album hit a million sold, which came out in FEB, so about 6 months

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom