The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
here is an article about the creepy dude in his videos...

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/917-how-this-glam-rock-og-became-the-weeknds-video-muse/

NTXO fam, anybody have cover art for each track on HOB? Can't seem to find too many for HOB.

After a month and a half with the album, I like it. I think it would've been a lot better had I never heard any of the singles and had they cut Real Life and Losers.

Favorite songs, in order:

Prisoner

Acquianted

Angel

Earned It

Often

Shameless

As You Are

The Hills

In The Night

ICFMF

Tell Your Friends

Dark Times

I'm done listening to any singles from here on out.

Album rankings: 

EoS

HOB

KL

Thursday

BBTM

Last edited:
He could only do so much with his trilogy style before it would've grown stale to most listeners. As long as he blesses us occasionally I think it could be a good balance. If he goes full bubblegum pop though I'm out.

For the 100th time this ain't true because there's hardly anything stylistically similar about the majority of HOB vs Thursday vs KL except maybe subject matter.

Just tired of hearing this, it sounds like a cop out.

The Trilogy is no where close to one consistent sound. Kissland was an entirely different sound than anything we'd really heard before from him. It was still greatness.

Last edited:
I still mess with this Album HEAVY. Probably because it came out when I was overseas and partying/having fun so this album will always resonate with me.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]127754[/emoji][emoji]127754[/emoji]

"Living life so trill....."

Ehh

I've seen him at Life is Beautiful Festival and HARD Festival and him at the Hollywood Cemetery. All of them were great. And I rather see him then fairly close than pay $90 for nosebleeds or pay $250 for a decent experience

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom