The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
The music doesn't have the depth it once had. It feels disingenuous because of the sound we came to love from the new artist in 2011. If this was how he was first introduced to the world, I wonder how many of us here would be hardcore fans.

The music doesn't have the depth it once had. It feels disingenuous because of the sound we came to love from the new artist in 2011. If this was how he was first introduced to the world, I wonder how many of us here would be hardcore fans.
I wouldn't be nearly the fan I was when the tapes dropped

I've already accepted the change of direction and sadly have somewhat let go of the fact that he used to represent something different

Like I've been saying, I used to see being a fan of his as the most vile thing you could think of in music (and I was damn proud). Nowadays the perception of being a Weeknd fan is just so much different, like everything automatically reverts to Earned It and ICFMF

Last edited:
I'm still holding onto when he shot Caitlyn Jenner in Tell your friends, signifying his old self is making a return lol

You don't even have to wonder, if this was the first tape that dropped there would be no "young gawd" "he never misses" etc. thread would look super different. He'd be just as popular especially with the Drake cosign and already making pop music. He'd been a megastar from the jump.

Just listened to Nocturnal for the first time. Definitely sounds like something that could've been a single on BBTM.

Soon...

12111953_1029753443715141_5956406505255176910_n.jpg

If you guys had to play 1 song [and 1 song only] for a person who's never heard the Weeknd, what song would you play them?

for me it's The Morning (HOB Version)

Last edited:
If I had to choose one it would either be Gone or Professional.

The Morning is top 5 though and will always be the first hit that kicked off the addiction.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom