The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Still no video for acquainted?
Unfortunately nada yet 
mean.gif

said it before will say it again.

You aren't missing anything by not listening to the unreleased stuff.

It's ending - can't understand 90% of the song
I wanna feel you - great beat...great...HOB vibe...can't understand 90% of it
Pulling up - one extra verse that is good...but like there is more mumbling and then stuff you have heard before
Lonely Thoughts - can't undestand it
Quatre Neuf - More mumble...but can make out some of the words. good vibe though. Might be worth listening too
Wanna See - mumble on mumble
DBS OCT - mumble on mumble on harmony...on mumble

When it comes to SONGS. You got Be God and Out Here (my fav).....maybe Quartre Neuf. I think that is all that are worth the title of "Songs".

Who man's?

The mumbling is part of vibe. It's supposed to be dark/drugged out. Might be the last we hear of vintage Weeknd.

Pulling up - one extra verse that is good...but like there is more mumbling and then stuff you have heard before
Quatre Neuf - More mumble...but can make out some of the words. good vibe though. Might be worth listening too

When it comes to SONGS. You got Be God and Out Here (my fav).....maybe Quartre Neuf. I think that is all that are worth the title of "Songs".

Who man's?

The mumbling is part of vibe. It's supposed to be dark/drugged out. Might be the last we hear of vintage Weeknd.

Exactly. Understanding the lyrics really got nothing to do with it. If you can't rock with the soundscape alone on half them joints idk what to say.

Last edited:
Ran back Kissland the last couple days. The professional came on & I'm sitting with the :x face like I haven't already played it 100 times before. Just pure debauchery. The boys pen game is too foolish :smh:

Who man's?

I'm saying 
mean.gif

Like someone said in here before, the mumbles keeps a papi mysterious 
glasses.gif

Ran back Kissland the last couple days. The professional came on & I'm sitting with the :x face like I haven't already played it 100 times before. Just pure debauchery. The boys pen game is too foolish :smh:
Honestly wonder how much he gets help writing and how much is him

Who man's?

I'm saying 
mean.gif

Like someone said in here before, the mumbles keeps a papi mysterious 
glasses.gif
Exactly. Understanding the lyrics really got nothing to do with it. If you can't rock with the soundscape alone on half them joints idk what to say.
Alonzo-Mourning.gif

Last edited:
you guys are legit crazy. I don't know what to say if you like a full song with words you can't understand. We listen to music differently i guess. The draw to the weeknd for me has always been the dark sound with his ability to put into words everything a young man is feeling. Without that...its nothing to me. Anyone can mumble over a good beat. Not everyone can put you directly in your feels with 1 bar

you guys are legit crazy. I don't know what to say if you like a full song with words you can't understand. We listen to music differently i guess. The draw to the weeknd for me has always been the dark sound with his ability to put into words everything a young man is feeling. Without that...its nothing to me. Anyone can mumble over a good beat. Not everyone can put you directly in your feels with 1 bar

Aren't most of those songs basically just unfinished/reference tracks?

Idk, I enjoyed most of them for what they were.

Aren't most of those songs basically just unfinished/reference tracks?

Idk, I enjoyed most of them for what they were.

I can agree with this. But like they aren't remotely comparable to anything in his catalog of actual songs. Like as reference tracks....as unfinished tracks...they are like...ok to listen to. You aren't missing anything...but like sure why not...in the realm of unfinished songs...these are ok :lol: idk what that says because i don't listen to unfinished songs often but sure why not

Last edited:

It sounds like you went into it not even giving it a chance because they're "unfinished."

You're putting sooooooooooo much extra on the inaudible mumbling angle, a lot of the lyrics are understandable. I mean the fact that you say you can't understand what he saying on I Wanna Feel You tells me you not even really listening like that. Plenty of bars and verses that are there.

You right though, everyone listens to music differently. I've said on here many times over the years how much more production, soundscape and vibe mean to me personally than lyrics.

But let's also not act like Abel hasn't been using inaudible crooning as a musical tool on tracks since HOB. Use of vocal sounds at times, opposed to actual words, have always been a part of his artistry.

Musically, some of the melodies, harmonies and cadences on these unreleased tracks are incredible, and vintage Abel.

***** could be speaking Zulu on How Will I Know, Lonely Thoughts, I Wanna See, etc and I'd still feel it.

Last edited:
Fam acting like music wasn't music long before the addition of vocals/lyrics.

You mean to tell me you never got down to some Mozart? Chopin?

We just different famb but we are all fans so much love. Dudes music has def made an impact on my life. But coming from a big fan i still feel like you can not listen to one of these songs and feel you are missing any part of the mans legacy.

The leap in logic on "you don't like unfinished weekend tracks because there are inaudible lyrics so you must hate Mozart and Chopin" not even going to entertain that

If i had heard that the the unreleased tracks were fire from anyone outside this thread I would have gave it a shot. But the fact that people in this thread it ain't even great... I'll pass.

That's like watching anderson silva get washed by daniel cormier on 2 days notice.

Whether you all like the unreleased/unfinished tape, I think the one thing was can all agree on is that king of the fall is without a doubt the worst song dude has ever released.

We just different famb but we are all fans so much love. Dudes music has def made an impact on my life. But coming from a big fan i still feel like you can not listen to one of these songs and feel you are missing any part of the mans legacy.
I guess I'd just argue that legacy or not, you're missing out on good music but you right it's always 100% love in here for five years now. 
pimp.gif

Even when blink gets to trippin once a moon. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom