The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
I've listened to Rolling Stone more than any song from
him. period. Probably because it came out early in the Thursday thirst. But I really do love that song.

If I had to choose, it's The Zone. The slow intro as the beat builds gives me chills man. Individually, as perfect a song can be.

LOL GTF*H

I'd probably have to say The Birds Part 2 slightly over Gone.

She said please... mercy me... Mercy me...

Let me fall out of love...

Before you **** her

Man, what
sick.gif
Yeah, you're among those who continue to sleep on HoLV with that warped *** view of reality. Open your eyes and see it for what it is. 
smokin.gif

The Birds part 1 for me.

I wore the HOB shirt out to lunch yesterday and then one of the waiters came up to me and asked "hey is that a house of balloons shirt? That's dope"

One of my fondest moments in life will be hearing Gone the way it was supposed to be heard. I was coming down off an upper and the downer was coming up. Yea...that's what I imagine heaven being like. 

Life of the Party and HoLV still not getting and love. You guys need your ears irrigated. :smh:

I've never visited Las Vegas but when I do that song will be on and I will let the music guide me :smokin

I'm paying for all my father's sins
So I will thank him for you
I'm a thank him for you

:smh:

Thursday-1.jpg

Thursday 5th Year Anniversary

August 18th

Hard to believe it's been 5 years. Just gave it a listen to celebrate (ended up playing "Heaven or Las Vegas" 3x :smokin), and it hasn't lost a single step to me. Forever my favorite from the trilogy.

Last edited:
Damn it's hard to believe it's been 5 years. Thursday is the tape that put me on to homie. Man... the memories I have from this tape just make me sit back and laugh on some "wow, I really did that ****" steeze. Shout out to the Spelman College girls. 

One of my homies was talking to them early in the day and wrote "Spelman Hos" on the little hotel note pad. About 5 of them came through that night to kick it with about 4 of us. One of them spots the note pad and they ask us about it, acting like they were pissed. I just knew the night was over. But nope. They laughed it off, drank with us, and lived up to the name. They believed in the Life of the Party gospel.

Forever one of my favorite memories. 
laugh.gif

The birds part 2 is just to real. When I hard it for the first time I really can't tell you how long it was on repeat. At least a couple hours.

But Gone is definitely a close second. How that song starts is just crazy.

Back
Top Bottom