The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Where you belong is flames man
pimp.gif
Oooooh yeah for sure. 

I'm really not trippin either way.

doc, Ill, they'd be nice. But production wasn't even the problem on BBTM.

What I can't have is random, extra forced industry features.

Last edited:
I think production was an issue on bbtm. I'm done with the mainstream producers

In doc I trust. It sucks ill isn't on it though but honestly I'd rather have doc if I can't have both

Last edited:
I think production was an issue on bbtm. I'm done with the mainstream producers

In doc I trust. It sucks ill isn't on it though but honestly I'd rather have doc if I can't have both

I guess I didn't really word that the way I wanted or even address what I really wanted to address.

You could lock Abel, Doc, and Illangelo in a studio for a year and we're still never gonna hear a project that sounds like Trilogy ever again. That time passed over a half-decade ago.

I'm sure they could still create magic but Abel can make magic with other producers too.

I'm far more concerned with Abel's desires and focus. The individual producers are peripheral relative to the creative direction Abel wants to go in on a personal level.

Last edited:
Ill did a lot of the poppy sounding beats on BBTM. I think doc & Abel will deliver that futuristic f*** music.

I'm more concerned about The Weeknd's creative direction as well as opposed to the production team.

I mean take KL for example...

Son went IN on that album while using an entirely different set of producers & still remained true to his Trilogy self.

Last edited:
Ill did a lot of the poppy sounding beats on BBTM. I think doc & Abel will deliver that futuristic f*** music.

Ill is transitioning to that pop sound.

He produced Alicia Keys latest single.

Check out In Common. Ish is clean af

He wrote it all in Los Angeles hmm

Yeah I'm gonna continue to accept that the dudes life changed dramatically from the mixtape days so expecting a mixtape type album just isn't realistic

However I just ask we get an album with tracks like low life

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom