The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
I dunno, I'm hoping he feels like he did what he thought he needed to do with BBTM

Now he doesn't need to appeal to the masses anymore and can make that real grimey **** now

or he can just drop a mixtape/album out of nowhere like WATTBA or IYRTITL

Or that [emoji]128293[/emoji]like KOTF

One can only hope

Last edited:
shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

"Incidentally, “The Morning” might also be the best window into what’s next for Tesfaye, as he says that the song’s producer, his “mentor” Doc McKinney, will play a big role on the album."

He wrote it all in Los Angeles hmm

Yeah I'm gonna continue to accept that the dudes life changed dramatically from the mixtape days so expecting a mixtape type album just isn't realistic

However I just ask we get an album with tracks like low life
Funny you posted this, I ran into Weeknd like not too long ago on a Sunday in the AM in Westwood near UCLA 
laugh.gif

Sad that Illangelo isn't on the new album but at least we know Doc is and honestly, I'm more interested in his production in 2016 than Ill.

I can rock with some Ben Billions production as well, I'm hoping Doc is basically the executive producer so I don't have to worry about any other decisions on that side.

Was it that he wasn't "fond of the album" or he wasn't "fond of the response to the album"?

I feel like he traveled all around the world during that time and enjoyed his visit in Japan which inspired the project. It would suck if he really wasn't fond of that album, it's withstood the test of time so far

Last edited:
Was it that he wasn't "fond of the album" or he wasn't "fond of the response to the album"?

I feel like he traveled all around the world during that time and enjoyed his visit in Japan which inspired the project. It would suck if he really wasn't fond of that album, it's withstood the test of time so far

He wanted a pop smash but it didn't work or take him to the level he thought an album should take him

Thus, disappointment. I don't think it had anything to do with the music, just the success of it

does the official issue store ever restock? I regret passing on the Thrusday tee....guess i know better for the 5 year anny of the Echoes tee :lol:

He wanted a pop smash but it didn't work or take him to the level he thought an album should take him

Thus, disappointment. I don't think it had anything to do with the music, just the success of it

“My cult following is so strong already. Thanks to my fans that have been with me from the beginning, I was able to sell out arenas on my own. I just felt like I was selling myself short. The last album [2013’s Kiss Land] was rushed. Even though I’m proud of it, I didn’t get to spend as much time as I wanted, but it was a great learning experience. I took my time with my new album. I learned, I studied and I delivered. I want the world to hear my music and see the movement my fans and I have created.”

http://time.com/4011859/the-weeknd-interview-beauty-behind-themadness/

Always felt that Kiss Land was perfect in terms of where he wanted to go in his career. His buzz was big enough to do the Ariana collab and get on the Fifty Shades soundtrack.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom