The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
Song grew on me like crazy. Literally played it 10x today
mean.gif

Not gonna be as big as The Hills or ICFMF mainstream wise, but the song bangs
smokin.gif
I believe it will be bigger due to the advertising they're doing.. I mean... it's nuts

The Daft Punk feature alone puts it on another level so it'll definitely be bigger than ICFMF

Last edited:
Just curious as to what makes folks say "it won't be bigger than ICFMF"?

1. He is already a known commodity to the main stream

2. The marketing they're doing is insane

3. He will no doubt perform this song on t.v./late night shows

It's math

Just curious as to what makes folks say "it won't be bigger than ICFMF"?

1. He is already a known commodity to the main stream
2. The marketing they're doing is insane
3. He will no doubt perform this song on t.v./late night shows

It's math

I don't think there's an actual rational answer to your question. :lol:

It's math sums it up perfectly.

Last edited:
All I know is on SNL, they perform twice.

If the first one is Starboy, then the second one is...?

Yup trav posted the album. Looks like the feature list was legit ! :smokin

I think this album actually will be better just based off the features

Last edited:
IMO in order for a song to be #1 it needs some kind of female appeal (love, dancing, break ups, etc). This song doesn't really gear towards that.

A song about "look at all the cars and money I got now" won't be bigger than The Hills or ICFMF.

Last edited:
IMO in order for a song to be #1 it needs some kind of female appeal (love, dancing, break ups, etc). This song doesn't really gear towards that.

A song about "look at all the cars and money I got now" won't be bigger than The Hills or ICFMF.

How do you explain "Panda"?

I think you're being far too nuanced with your criteria.

I agree female appeal is a big factor, but I think you're over thinking what appeals to them.

Most appealing thing to women? They want to dance and have fun or at least out on the appearance that they're having fun.

starboy gonna be a massive dance song I bet you'll hear it in ever commercial club from LA to London tonight.

This song has Daft Punk appeal. Lets not underestimate their fanbase

Panda was one of the catchiest songs of the decade. Literally a classic.

Star boy isn't that. I like the song a lot, but if it's #1 it'll be because it's by The Weeknd with Daft Punks name attached to it.

Star boy isn't that. I like the song a lot, but if it's #1 it'll be because it's by The Weeknd with Daft Punks name attached to it.

14d52061e6f206688dd952448dfd01a4.jpeg

Man WHAT THE HELL are you talmbout??

How is it catchy?

Panda panda panda panda or i got broads in atlanta is the catchy part?

Yup, I'm gonna run this song into the grave just like often and the hills

Song reminds me structure wise of the hills. Not too heavy content catchy hook and chorus

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom