The Wire Appreciation/Discussion Post

I'm always jealous of people who can watch the wire for the first time it really is life changing smh
this. however, re-watching it makes you pick up on stuff you didn't the first time around and have you like, insert webay.gif

Contrary to everyones belief, season 2 was actually good (
laugh.gif
) but also the one of the most important season to the series as it shows you how ... got into the playas circle when ... goes to ... and ... takes over for the time being until he finally gets ... 

When you walk through the garden, you gotta watch your back
Well, I beg your pardon, walk the straight and narrow track
When you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul
You got to keep the Devil, well you gotta keep him down in the hole

Contrary to everyones belief, season 2 was actually good :smile:lol ) but also the one of the most important season to the series as it shows you how ... got into the playas circle when ... goes to ... and ... takes over for the time being until he finally gets ... 

Yea, season 2 is definitely the goods. My man Frank Sobotka is an underrated character on that show.

Wish the OP watched the whole series. I'm ready for a full blown discussion :lol:

^^ yeah it was in the docks.  it was one of my least favorite seasons but its amazing how the used a whole season for something so important.  without that season we would never knew how the isn came in or how Marlo would've been able to go straight to the source.

Don't get the hatred some people have for season 2. It showed more sides to the story of the city's problems.

I just started reading this book called Drama City by George Pelecanos.  He wrote and produced some episodes of the Wire.

Omar's boy Renaldo was reading it in one ep, so I looked it up to see if there what the connection was

Just finished the first season...
"A man must have a code." :pimp:
"You come at the king, you best not miss." :pimp:
The reason why McNulty respects Bunk :lol:
Sarah's explanation for being able to solve the count but not the math problem... "Count be wrong, they'll **** you up." :smh:
Wee-Bey's pipe game sending these **** to heaven :pimp:
Shardene & Rhonda :evil: :evil:
"This is me, yo, right here." :pimp:
Wallace my *****, I hate it had to be him. Charge it to the game. :smh: |I
"We boys!" :smh: :frown:
Maurice Levy got the juice. Greatest lawyer of all time.
Donnell Rawlings :lol:

I know it's early, but this show is in the same echelon as Degrassi.

^^ This show was more enjoyable when it first came out because we weren't so far into technology as we are now.  So all the isn was pretty cool and insane back then.  It's a different era now with drug dealers and cops.  Like come on you see Bodie with Gunit reaping hard lol.

Contrary to everyones belief, season 2 was actually good :smile:lol ) but also the one of the most important season to the series as it shows you how ... got into the playas circle when ... goes to ... and ... takes over for the time being until he finally gets ... 

Exactly. It was like watching a congressional meeting, boring but had profound impact.

I personally liked Season 2 a lot more when i went back and watched The Wire for a second time. You notice things that you didn't notice at first. Cause & Effect.

Last edited:
Exactly. It was like watching a congressional meeting, boring but had profound impact.

I personally liked Season 2 a lot more when i went back and watched The Wire for a second time. You notice things that you didn't notice at first.

same here. i wasnt that into season 2 the first time around, but i rewatched it over the holidays and enjoyed way more this time around.

the introduction to brother mouzone in the second season is great. such a cool character.

and to the guy above not watching it because it's "too overrated" at this point, that reasoning is truly ridiculous. you are completely playing yourself lol. your belief of it being too overrated without coming to that conclusion on your own by watching it is just really strange.

Currently on episode 4 of season 2.
I'm legit getting crunk as hell watching this ****. :lol:

Free Avon
Free Wee-Bey
Free Bob

Stringer smashing Bob's baby mama tho. :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom