***The Wire Season 4 Appreciation Thread***

Possibly the most brutal season of The Wire.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Discuss.

Defiantly appreciated...

especially the scene where Lester figures out the new nails in the vacants

Personally my favorite season but you can not go wrong with any of them.

My order

Season 4
Season 1
Season 3
Season 2
Season 5

man hold your horses im at episode 10 of the third so far lol ... im not saying it isnt good, but the repitition of mcnulty bangin random hos and them tryingto "get up" on a wire is getting boring to me, im hope season 4 is better

Originally Posted by ReeceMan10

Defiantly appreciated...

especially the scene where Lester figures out the new nails in the vacants
That guy is a genius..

Originally Posted by RatherUniqueB

My favourite season, probably cause I've never seen 1-3
laugh.gif

Gotta get to watchin the dvd's.

Skipping seasons of The Wire?
smh.gif
smh.gif

ughhhhh I HATE season 4... those damn kids are sooooo annoying... not worse than season 5 though... who gives A $#%@ about the Baltimore Sun! David Simon hadsome stuff to get off his chest in the last two seasons... imo they got away from what made the show so entertaining.

"YO SNOOP, YA SISTERS IN MY CLASS..."

"%$!* IS YOU HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH OR SOMETHIN?!?!"

"If your with us, YOURE WITH US... JUST LIKE WE'D BE WITH YOU!"
pimp.gif

Magic Ink... Ignorance is Blissful isn't it?

For the record It goes...

Season 1
Season 2 (y'all ignore this seasons illness)
Season 4
Season 5
Season 3

IMO Season 3 > Season 2 > Season 4 > Season 1 > Season 5
Season 4 was still great with the kids but the politics got boring at times. Plus Bodie got murked
frown.gif

Yo... for real if you only appreciate the wire for the street aspect of the show then you missed the whole vision/concept/message that David Simon put forward

but atleast you watched the show
ohwell.gif

Seymore CAKE wrote:
"YO SNOOP, YA SISTERS IN MY CLASS..."

"%$!* IS YOU HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH OR SOMETHIN?!?!"

"If your with us, YOURE WITH US... JUST LIKE WE'D BE WITH YOU!"
pimp.gif

Magic Ink... Ignorance is Blissful isn't it?

For the record It goes...

Season 1
Season 2 (y'all ignore this seasons illness)
Season 4
Season 5
Season 3

I didn't mean to imply that I couldn't grasp the central theme of the show... what I mean to say is that the show was fulfilling enough without theintroduction of the Baltimore Sun storyline (I understood the meaning behind it, but it still came off as filler to me, especially with such a short season).To me, the best seasons were 1-3 (not necessarily because of the story on the street, but the characters!). David Simon got away from those characters in thelast couple of seasons... $+# was Bubbles doing in that last season? I can grasp the concept... Season 4 was a great depiction of the troubles in inner cityschool systems, but it doesn't change the fact that those kids (yes, every last one of them) were annoying as hell. BTW Mr. Literature Lesson, yourspelling is inconsistent.

Originally Posted by WE LOVE 1989

Originally Posted by RatherUniqueB

My favourite season, probably cause I've never seen 1-3
laugh.gif

Gotta get to watchin the dvd's.

Skipping seasons of The Wire?
smh.gif
smh.gif

Boy they didn't start showin em in Canada til Season 4 (I think)
devil.gif

i really dont see all the hype for season 3, having seen 1-4 (im talkin before 5 came), for the longest time i thought that 2 was incredible and the bestseason - a lot of people sleep on 2, but it wasnt until i started watching the whole thing over again that = season 1 > all

season 1> season 2 > season 4 > season 3,,, even though ive seen all the episodes of 5 more than once, i think that i need to watch it in its entiretyto truely know where it stands

Best season ever, wish the show would have continued. Right when it was starting to get recognized it ended..

Yeah season 4 was mad underrated
pimp.gif

On the low it was a gritty season. You wouldn't think that because of the politic aspect.

Also the kids
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Scienz of Life

Yeah season 4 was mad underrated
pimp.gif

On the low it was a gritty season. You wouldn't think that because of the politic aspect.

Also the kids
pimp.gif

Michael is that you?

only season i haven't watched yet. can't find anywhere to DL em. so i skipped all the responses.

PM me if there's a site i can DL it or watch season 4

Very Appreciated along with Season 1 and Season 3. This season when into couple interesting subject matters (politics and the public school system). Brilliantwriting (just like in all of the season including Season 2).

tired.gif
@ Bodie getting killed in that season, but it the start of MarloStanfield era
grin.gif

Heads Up: Season 5 on DVD will be available in August.

man just in the middle of watching episode one.
thanks to canadian bball for the link

"y'all terrace _'s know the boy that go by the name deez?"
"deez?"
"yeah, deez nuts!" *smacks em both in the face*

had me rollin
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom