They sell And 1 in Wal Mart now; Skip 2 My Lou is rolling over in his grave at such a falloff

The only And1 kicks that mattered were...

bruh...
the air up there is from my home county... he went to hitchcock, a lil 2a school in galveston county... he cant hoop, but is super stong and finishes stupid layups...
he was onnnn... i think an 02 or 01 team that went to state, and he WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE to being the man on the squad... just a cat that had bounce...
famb was doing the 720 back in 04 in lincoln gym... his real name is Taurean or something like that... real cool dude...
the reason he got on was cuz when they used to do the tours, they would have tryouts... a gang of us went to the tryouts.. i was even on streetball for a SPLIT SECOND :pimp: :pimp:
but fam got on when they seem him just assaulting the rim... got to roll w/ them for awhile, and just stuck w/ it... used to hand out and1 gear like it was hotcakes...
When I did the open run in Kansas i got picked, then after all the open run games they have the top 10 play a final game for a chance to get "in the building" but I wasn't all in that great of shape and they tried to put me on the skins team so I didn't play. I told them I had an emergency I had to be somewhere, then jumped off the court, stood there and watched. :lol: Kansas City ballers suck. I played wuth them in a few exhibition games they did down here. They are all down to Earth, but Hot Sauce and White Chocolate were kind of *****made when they were walking around challenging people to 1 on 1 games to 2 and only picking people 5'3ish, giving themselves ball first, making bad calls, then refused to play bigger guys (including me, who they were calling me Malik Yoba [the dude from New York Undercover]) who they couldn't manhandle. Alimoe was the coolest though. He stayed in town for a few weeks after the show at the promoter's girlfriend's house in the hood and they would roll with me to the gym after work. Dude was calling me at work buttering me up and **** just to ask for a ride later that day :lol: I played him 1 on 1 too, suicide rules, lost 8-6. He was hitting his jumper, nothing I can do. Got me crazy props for those 2 weeks walking in the gym with Alimoe too. Transitively, I was the ****

i remember every single damn kid who played basketball had these in middle school, it was ridiculous :rofl:

img55729089.jpg

glad even as a youngin i still still a nike for life type dude, i thought of And1 as trash back then too :lol:

I had them those were :smokin

Last edited:
How ya'll forgot about these: Every kid had these in their homes.

The GOAT AND1 Shoe:

And 1 was dope back in the day. I never copped the dvds, I always waited for somebody in the hood to cop from Footaction then I would hold it. :lol:

My high school was sponsored by And 1 for about a year. Had these but in all black

dips were pretty comfortable and light

i remember getting in fights on the playground when dudes were trying to bounce the ball of another grown man's head.

I worked in one of the NBA Summer Pro Leagues back in '03 when AND1 was still hot, but a few of the guys were branching out. There was word that AO was going to try to hop on with one of the summer teams and try playing against pros. I doubt one of the NBA teams would've considered extending him an invite even playing with their 2nd round draft picks in that league, but AO showed up on a sponsored team w/ a few former local college players; played in the amateur bracket. He played 1 or 2 games I think and a few of the AND1 guys showed too, Main Event and one other i didnt' recognize. What shocked me was the size of the AND1 guys compared to even the borderline pros in the summer league. AO was like 5'11-6'0' maybe and 140-150lbs. Even Main who always seemed huge on the AND1 tapes and played "power forward" in their lineup was like 6'3. I was always amazed by those AND1 guys but it was definitely a shocking moment to me, bringing them back down to earth and gaining appreciation for the athleticism and physical attributes needed for the NBA

I remember my mom use to buy me the And1 tees with trash talk on the back from JCPennys.

Tees use to come with a free tattoo :nthat: lol

And as far as the shoes I think I had like 1 pair. Wanted the slip ons so bad but my dad got the Iverson slip ons instead. Major upgrade.

The ESPN shoe was pretty decent the first 2 seasons.

Like someone said earlier by the time it really hit ESPN the product was already watered down.

And I hate how they tried to drag on the show forever and add all kids of short bum dudes.

I remember staying in a crummy hotel in L.A. back in 08 and while walking through the lobby, I ran into AO. He was faded as hell and making fun of mine and my brother's accents :lol:. The next day I went to the Carl's Jr. across the street and saw Escalade and Professor in line. I chopped it up with them and they ended up paying for my food and eating with us :smokin. I think they were shocked that a pasty white kid from Australia knew who they were.

My brother used to give me the VHS tapes to watch, that was the prime time I think, when they used to play in random gyms and Rucker park.

i remember every single damn kid who played basketball had these in middle school, it was ridiculous :rofl:
img55729089.jpg

glad even as a youngin i still still a nike for life type dude, i thought of And1 as trash back then too :lol:

How ya'll forgot about these: Every kid had these in their homes.

Guilty of both of these :nerd: :lol: :lol:

I used to have so much And1 gear growing up... Between this & the baggy clothes thread this is straight nostalgia :lol:

The And1 mixtapes were always dope too... AO, Main Event, & Hot Sauce :pimp:

Saw it in Wal-Mart the other day, started to get a pair for lounging, but that thought only lasted a second and I realized how lame it was then and how Lamer it'll be now.lol

I loved AND1, I would watch Streetball on ESPN religiously.

The only cats with real game were, Rafer Alston, Alimoe, and AO. The rest were just gimmicky fools, Professor had a lil game though.

I had that lame *** video game too,lol.

RIP Escalade and Sik Wit It.

I only owned a pair of AND1 shorts, I though and 1 was off brand.

You know the other reason, or part of the reason he didn't make it, he has bad diabetes. And it's no surprise to anyone I'm sure, but all those dudes wear Nikes, even back when they were with And 1 and that **** was still strong, if it wasn't an official And 1 sanctioned event, Nikes.

Back
Top Bottom