They sell And 1 in Wal Mart now; Skip 2 My Lou is rolling over in his grave at such a falloff

Hot Sauce was never looked at the same in New York at least when And 1 came to the city on their tour for the first time. His reputation went out the window when the NYC ballers and crowd had him shook to do anything. This is when And1 was still in parks, so imagine how rowdy the crowd could be especially in a mecca like NY.

ESPN2 always had the Tour marathons during the summer. But when this game dropped, life was GOOD 
pimp.gif

i remember every single damn kid who played basketball had these in middle school, it was ridiculous
roll.gif

img55729089.jpg

glad even as a youngin i still still a nike for life type dude, i thought of And1 as trash back then too
laugh.gif
Those were comfortable to ball in. My team had the all black ones.

Never had a pair of their shoes or piece of their clothing, Always thought that AND 1 stuff was ugly. :x

I've never owned a pair of and 1's. I would be lying if I said I did not tune in on Espn and watch those mixtapes tho 
pimp.gif

I thought they always did, there and kmart. If more clothing companies were smart, they'd have a line for walmart too, the world's largest retail distributor.

A 30 for 30 on this **** needs to happen though.

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing.. What happened to and 1?
I remember trying to download mixtapes on p2p programs which took forever, like days of downloading lol.
It was something though, the whole streetball and and 1.

I remember AND1 in SLAM mag in tha mid to late 90s

Tha first guy to push AND1 wasnt Marbury or Rafer it was actually Larry Johnson

Tha OG shorts heavy mesh with tha simple 2/3 colour block design n faceless guy were crack even for a nike only guy like me and as mentioned tha trash talk ts but again they got weak tha longer they ran with them

Tha first 6 shirts were dope them and a company called Get Paid were really tha first to do trash talk or slogan ts hood style in the mid 90s

Tha one shoe nobody has mentioned was tha 99 playoff shoe heavily rocked by Webber and of course Spree it laced on the inside diagonaly was 2 tone similar to tha tai chis and the inside of the sole was cut out like tha Reebok pump furys I have no idea of the name though can anybody name them?

And to chime in on these guys not getting paid alot I ran into and talked to Future at West 4th in NY last summer Im from England he was shocked I knew who he was hes literaly scrapeing by he was wearing gear from rucker and had a 2way pager completely beat up.He told me Alimoe can hardly play now due to his diabetes and him Shane an Main travel around putting on shows.

These guys had all that exposure but are still dead broke n in tha hood n Future had Nike money for a minute probably blew it all

Peace

Scottie

I remember AND1 in SLAM mag in tha mid to late 90s

Tha first guy to push AND1 wasnt Marbury or Rafer it was actually Larry Johnson

Tha OG shorts heavy mesh with tha simple 2/3 colour block design n faceless guy were crack even for a nike only guy like me and as mentioned tha trash talk ts but again they got weak tha longer they ran with them

Tha first 6 shirts were dope them and a company called Get Paid were really tha first to do trash talk or slogan ts hood style in the mid 90s

Tha one shoe nobody has mentioned was tha 99 playoff shoe heavily rocked by Webber and of course Spree it laced on the inside diagonaly was 2 tone similar to tha tai chis and the inside of the sole was cut out like tha Reebok pump furys I have no idea of the name though can anybody name them?

And to chime in on these guys not getting paid alot I ran into and talked to Future at West 4th in NY last summer Im from England he was shocked I knew who he was hes literaly scrapeing by he was wearing gear from rucker and had a 2way pager completely beat up.He told me Alimoe can hardly play now due to his diabetes and him Shane an Main travel around putting on shows.

These guys had all that exposure but are still dead broke n in tha hood n Future had Nike money for a minute probably blew it all

Peace

Scottie
Streetball and StreetLife go hand in hand, you just gotta make smarter decisions and clearly these guys did not. You can't treat it like a 9 to 5. You gotta treat it like an investment. Sad to see such talented guys scavenging for gigs.

Streetball and StreetLife go hand in hand, you just gotta make smarter decisions and clearly these guys did not. You can't treat it like a 9 to 5. You gotta treat it like an investment. Sad to see such talented guys scavenging for gigs.
True, but they were getting raped. The people over the tour were making millions off of them, they were getting like 60 thou. Again, they're still making money off of them by collecting royalties off allowing And 1 Live to use the name

To add on to what DatzNasty said, these guys weren't caking at all considering how much they were on the road. Besides Skip who was a part timer that had a pro ball to fall back on, a lot of these guys had regular gigs or hustled on the street. 1/2 Man 1/2 Amazing and Headache were substitute and gym teachers respectively. The guys that owned And 1 did a lot of these guys dirty in terms of finances considering how much revenue the tour generated outside of apparel and the deal with ESPN among others. Its the reason a lot of the OGs defected.

Sad to see it but it was more than expected.

Their rise to fame story is tremendous, they had some great shirts and shoes, real hoop stuff, it watered down to oblivion but every brand does. I never bought their trash talk shirts, too much pressure :smile:

I'm shedding tears while reading this post and remembering when I got the DVD with all 4 mixtapes on it and pictures of the new Sprees and Ben Wallace's in the insert. That was about the time I got my Silky Smooths.

And 1 and Allen Iverson, the downfall of basketball in the first decade of this century. Man, I remember back earlier in the 2000's you COULD NOT get a game going for all these young thundercats trying to do stuff they saw on ANd 1 or Allen Iverson do it was just ridiculous. Sad to see what has happen to the company though but you had to know that it was not going to be forever, with the street tour. The people who I know who are coaches are glad that the time period for this "foolish" basketball is over.

I remember The Pharmacist use to give Sauce the business though! :x A lot of kids were in denial :lol:

Remember when Sauce got sonned by that random business white dude though?

*strip* "And that's how it's done" :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom