Things to do in ATL

What's the NYE move. Just touched back down in the A. Anything outside of compound, mansion etc etc

My potna got a section in compound tomorrow night, but I'm not trying to ride that wave. I really want to hit whiskey blue, but no one I know is down for that $60 at the door plus the expensive *** drink prices. :smh:

I feel you. Be safe on the roads. All the folks I know are talking about hitting the city. I wanted to rent a suite at the W, hit whiskey blue, and have an after party with a few biddies, but people flaked, b. :smh:

Plan was fool proof. Good drinks, plus we wouldn't have had to do any driving, so no DUI's.

Last edited:
I feel you. Be safe on the roads. All the folks I know are talking about hitting the city. I wanted to rent a suite at the W, hit whiskey blue, and have an after party with a few biddies, but people flaked, b. :smh:

Plan was fool proof. Good drinks, plus we wouldn't have had to do any driving, so no DUI's.

You was trying to have people put in or you was footing the bill on your own? ballin lol

Yeah them boys will be out tonight, I'll probably crash at the party or in my car to be honest :lol:

Last edited:

Really don't want to hit the club, or the city but that's looking like the only option.

What's Whiskey Blue?? [emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]. Hopefully I can fall into a cool house party or hotel party.

You was trying to have people put in or you was footing the bill on your own? ballin lol

Yeah them boys will be out tonight, I'll probably crash at the party or in my car to be honest :lol:

:lol: nah we were going to split the bill. I'm not ballin by any means. It would've been cool if it were happening. This may be my last NYE in Ga, so I'm not sure if I should get any ideas for 2016.

Really don't want to hit the club, or the city but that's looking like the only option.

What's Whiskey Blue?? [emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]. Hopefully I can fall into a cool house party or hotel party.

It's this nice rooftop bar/lounge on top of the W in Buckhead. It's hella pricey, but pretty classy. My favorite spot to go in the city. :pimp:

Google it fam

Last edited:
romcadoo romcadoo Yo did you ever find a place to hoop in ATL?

Rhodes Jordan gym it's in Duluth/snellville area
Decatur rec,
Lucky shoals/best friend park/ gym I haven't been in a min just been hooping outside. Since my son been born I really haven't got out much to hoop

But when I was it was mainly younger kids who hoop in joggers and bucket hats....shoot 3s smh

romcadoo romcadoo Yo did you ever find a place to hoop in ATL?

Rhodes Jordan gym it's in Duluth/snellville area
Decatur rec,
Lucky shoals/best friend park/ gym I haven't been in a min just been hooping outside. Since my son been born I really haven't got out much to hoop

But when I was it was mainly younger kids who hoop in joggers and bucket hats....shoot 3s smh
Word! Not sure if I want to hoop with that type crowd. Congrats on your son to!

Word! Not sure if I want to hoop with that type crowd. Congrats on your son to!

Its depressing smh man but I've seen a few good people here and there but being this is the south everyone big in football

And thanks man, definitely an adjustment but it's coo I can't wait until he stop waking me up during the night when I have to work

Last edited:
the move in the future is the ville, jack city, pittsburgh peoplestown  area...

That gentrification is about to be real. Awhile ago went to a townhall meeting and they passed an approval to which they are going to redo that area and put highrise etc.... for the students of gsu. a new football stadium etc.... that whole turner field area is about to get a overhaul...

Last edited:
They've been started that Summit Hill overhaul, but they just redid the homes and put the same element of people back in them.  They are some nice houses tho.

I've heard a lot about the gentrification, particularly out there in East Atlanta.
yea gsu bought turner field and that south east atl area.... i know about it cause i use to live there and my great aunt/uncle still stay there. its like a proposed 1-2 billion dollar project so you know they aint spending that kinda money and letting the likes of some jack city gang or 12 deep etc....still stay there. Marta already starting and invested a old school trolley car to transport ppl in that area to in and around downtown 5 points area.

That money investment aint for kiesha and em.... 

east atl got sidetracked for awhile cause some of the older black ppl...my aunt was one of the main ones was even in the paper.... own their homes and have businesses there and refused to sell....especially in the cloverdale etc... flat shoals glenwood ave area....

Yea the baby mommas and wic recipients was quick and had no probs taking their sect 8 vouchers to cobb county marrietta, gwinnett etc....

All those areas kennesaw etc isnt the move, them folks tired of driving miles and being stuck in traffic and what not just to come to work etc....

If you buying or looking to buy a house..... downtown area, east atl ashby rd, peoplestown, etc... is the move. I was by there like a year ago an saw a house by my nephews house that was going for 30k..... fast forward xmas holidays, these white folks bought it fixed it up and its worth well into the upper 100k now and its some young couple in there now lol.

I try to tell folks them 200k or so houses they buying out in riverdale, coweta, cobb etc..... aint gonna be worth much of nothing in like 15-20 yrs cause those areas are gonna be the new "hoods" they are going to be the new east atlanta, bankhead court, cabbagetown, jack city....

yea gsu bought turner field and that south east atl area.... i know about it cause i use to live there and my great aunt/uncle still stay there. its like a proposed 1-2 billion dollar project so you know they aint spending that kinda money and letting the likes of some jack city gang or 12 deep etc....still stay there. Marta already starting and invested a old school trolley car to transport ppl in that area to in and around downtown 5 points area.

east atl got sidetracked for awhile cause some of the older black ppl...my aunt was one of the main ones was even in the paper.... own their homes and have businesses there and refused to sell....especially in the cloverdale etc... flat shoals glenwood ave area....

Yea the baby mommas and wic recipients was quick and had no probs taking their sect 8 vouchers to cobb county marrietta, gwinnett etc....

All those areas kennesaw etc isnt the move, them folks tired of driving miles and being stuck in traffic and what not just to come to work etc....

If you buying or looking to buy a house..... downtown area, east atl ashby rd, peoplestown, etc... is the move. I was by there like a year ago an saw a house by my nephews house that was going for 30k..... fast forward xmas holidays, these white folks bought it fixed it up and its worth well into the upper 100k now and its some young couple in there now lol.

I try to tell folks them 200k or so houses they buying out in riverdale, coweta, cobb etc..... aint gonna be worth much of nothing in like 15-20 yrs cause those areas are gonna be the new "hoods" they are going to be the new east atlanta, bankhead court, cabbagetown, jack city....

I Bought a Crib in the Westside/AUC area, its in its early Gentrification stages, I`m trying tell working class blacks to move back to the city, because homes cheap and city giving away money to get people there, crime is at an all time low , but even then its hilarious blacks will say "I aint moving there thats the hood", and all these hipsters capitalizing on the Gold Mind of Land.

If I planned on staying in Georgia I'd definitely look at the metro area. I've heard about people getting some decent deals on homes in Camp Creek, Decatur, etc.

You guys think MLK and the Adamsville area will see a come up?

I've heard a lot about the gentrification, particularly out there in East Atlanta.

Yea ATL is a prime place for gentrification, if you can find a good or cheap deal on a crib in you should def cop cuz thats gonna be a good come up with a lil investment...the people that bought houses in the outer suburbs are good too tho( besides the driving n distance), as long as they live in a neighborhood full of homeowners...the apartments n mixed neighborhoods out there gon be ratchet once all the re development is done

Yea ATL is a prime place for gentrification, if you can find a good or cheap deal on a crib in you should def cop cuz thats gonna be a good come up with a lil investment...the people that bought houses in the outer suburbs are good too tho( besides the driving n distance), as long as they live in a neighborhood full of homeowners...the apartments n mixed neighborhoods out there gon be ratchet once all the re development is done
not really cause home house vouchers will be handed out once it gets closer to gentrification time....

Look at riverdale, jonesboro, conyers.....gwinnett... 20 yrs ago when i tell you NO as in NO black ppl stayed out there.... When they tore down all the hoods in the late 80's early 90's to get ready for the olympics etc... Those so called nice good homes got swallowed up. Those folks out there thought the same thing..

Whats gonna happen is many of the blacks gonna take that petty chump change check...like 20k on a house land worth like 200k plus. Take the money and put down on those very neighborhoods to which you speak, put down on a brand new fancy car to lease, and ball out on rent a center furniture...

The same thing that happened then will happen now. Homeownership dont mean jack out there cause most of the homeowners out there are the whites etc... that are moving back into the city... Majority of the blacks on some super long term mortgage that 9/10 they will refinance 10-15 years in.

So what will probably happen is those areas will be like how decatur is today...reformed rachet black folks who got a little money and a decent good job that will stay on one side or a particular area of cobb, coweta etc...mixed with a few sect 8 folks.... then have a area that is hood/rachet ran down ala like glenwood parts of columbia drive, gresham park area...

Its basically gonna be a flip flop type of thing.

You know the change is coming as soon as you see a bunch of churches pop up, and shopping centers with 2 or more places to buy hair weave. And cobb galleria will be like greenbriar mall... town center will be the new south dekalb. And liquor stores, check cashing places.....and dollar stores will be popping up galore.

@LuckyLuchiano dutchroyalt dutchroyalt

Any areas yall can recommend to look for a crib in? I'm renting now in Clayton Co, but I'm buying when my lease is up in October I'm trying to move closer to the city.

Back
Top Bottom