Things to do in ATL

LuckyLuchiano @DutchRoyalT

Any areas yall can recommend to look for a crib in? I'm renting now in Clayton Co, but I'm buying when my lease is up in October I'm trying to move closer to the city.
i would say the city if you are actually buying..... many ppl say they will buy...end up getting a 30 yr mortgage... then refinance about midway for lower interest rates or etc...reasons then next thing you know they end up paying till they dead and never owning it. But thats usually cause folks making 40-50k a yr out trying to get 200k+ homes and 1500-2000 a month mortgages.

The area near grant zoo....moreland ave is coming along... i actually use to stay right by the kroger/sprint store ikea shopping center. Its coming along nice. Kirkwood... area, South east atlanta... over by little five points near grant park.... its downtown but not really... near train stations literally 5-10 minutes from downtown yet still nice areas etc....

My grandmother stays there and its nice.... Hell she had my daughters around xmas and they even do secret santa shopping amongst the neighbors lol. Even have neighborhood xmas home decorating contest, even xmas tree decoration contest... to which they let there homes be open house and have ppl come in and check them out...(no way in hell i could ever see something like that happening in a majority black hood regardless of class/money status lol) 

Edgewood...candler park.... Turner field area ala farrington ave, bass street...(well its starting to turn around but still pretty hood) 

Lenox area is overhyped and over priced.... ala buckhead commons etc area. Its more of a status area and a single dude looking to impress ball out type thing, not ideal for living that family life. 

Like i said folks buying up them homes... It was a house off farrington ave and bass in peoplestown that is a stack..(a house that has a house on top of it) and it was i think going for like 40k.... this single mom out in gwinnett..(got to talking to her pretty cool lady for an older white chick) bout it summer of 2013... Now she restored it, the little bit it needed... and now she lives in the bottom house and rents the top house to some kids going to gsu... and the rent she gets from them pays off all her bills.,,,(hell if i had that extra income id have done it)

Some of these areas are still iuno kinda hood.... Its like itll be 5 nice redone houses good neighbors, then that six house will be the chick with 5 kids and 4 baby daddies.,.... then might be two more nice good houses, then a few ran down ones, followed by a trap house/hood studio, then another nice house or two... if you get my drift.

But like i said as soon as gsu starts to slap up those condos, the braves move and the falcons move and they start putting up new shopping centers etc... and property taxes goes up etc... those other type ppl will be up and out.. And by the looks of things this is gonna start happening within the next 3-5 yrs or so. 

Georgia ave all that area will be seen as a historical district and then those homes will even be worth more. 

I just found about this spot called The Painted Pin in Buckhead. Bowling alley with a bar and other games. Really dope spot. Good crowd

@LuckyLuchiano dutchroyalt dutchroyalt

Any areas yall can recommend to look for a crib in? I'm renting now in Clayton Co, but I'm buying when my lease is up in October I'm trying to move closer to the city.

I just brought me a crib in Hampton for 200k. Henry County. Good school system, school scores are good & it's quiet. I posted my crib a few pages back. With 3 kids didn't wanna move downtown & some parts of Cobb was too expensive for me.

My mom lives out in ATL, definitely might consider heading down there when I finish school. I was down there in Oct/Nov. Wish I had seen this thread sooner, because I had no idea what to do while I was down there lol. I went to a few clubs, but most of them were dead. I want to graduate with a few racks then possibly take the L and stay with my mom until I can get myself situated and find a place/job.

How's the employment scene in ATL though?

Still debating between ATL, & T.O. as a possible settling location.

I think the Caribbean festival is next weekend. But there should be a lot going on since is the Memorial Day holiday.

Back
Top Bottom