This Guy > Dre, Premo, Timbaland, Kanye, Just Blaze, Havoc, and anyone else...

trentreznor.jpg

Any day of the week.  All those guys can't even shine this man's shoes, and you're lying to yourself if you say otherwise.

- Tical.

Please post some of his best beats and instrumentals before you get completely flamed...(if he has any)
nerd.gif

Dude, why are you going to even make a post like this on a site that only listens to hip-hop...Even if your right, people won't agree with you.

Besides engineering and producing every album he's ever put out, he also plays EVERY instrument himself, writes all of the lyrics, and sings them.  On top of that he's been doing it all for 25 years.  He's the greatest producer, musician, and composer of our time, and yet both sadly and amazingly all of you except one didn't know who he is.  To put it in perspective, Timbaland himself said Reznor is his favorite producer.

As for his best work, you'd have to sit at your computer all night and still would only get through half of it.  I would tell you what specific songs to YouTube/download/etc. if I thought that any of you would approach it with an open mind.  I rarely ever come on this site anymore, but I just thought I'd drop in and let all of you know that the guys you idolize and strive to be are babies slamming their hands onto a drum machine and/or piano compared to Trent Reznor.

- Tical.

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

I like Trent and all but this is like comparing apples and oranges imo.

Somewhat because of the type of music they each make, but they both use a lot of the same equipment.

- Tical.

I think people would be A LOT more open minded if you didn't bash some of the GOAT's like that, putting this dude on such a pedestal...just because you can play every instrument =/= you make fly +#$$.

Anyways, I'm open minded...give me 5 different types of tracks to check for...
nerd.gif

I didn't "Bash any GOATS", I just said he's better.  But ok, here's five, listen to them in their entirety:

The Wretched
Me, I'm Not
Closer
The Four of Us Are Dying
Where Is Everybody?

- Tical.

I almost wished all kinds of bad things upon you......

I saw them on the NIN/JA tour last May.  The setlist wasn't as good as some of the other stops but it was still amazing.  One of the best concerts I've ever been to even though Jane's Addiction sucked.

- Tical.

Alright, the music is truly amazing
pimp.gif
, but I just can't get into this dude's voice AT ALL for the most part.
ohwell.gif

I always thought NIN was a group.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
...And I just realized this dude is from Cleveland.
eek.gif
smh.gif

dudes dont know who NIN are. you cant tell these guys nothing.
and truth be told, he would body all of them in the studio, but like i said, you cant tell these dudes nothing.

Originally Posted by 5dividedby4

I like Trent and all but this is like comparing apples and oranges imo.
This.

I always wanted to hear a rapper over a Trent Reznor beat though. Besides Saul Williams I don't think he's ever produced for a rapper.

Closer, We're In This Together and The Hand That Feeds are my favorite NIN songs.
pimp.gif

Well I'm glad you give props where it's due.  I picked those songs because they're easy to get into, but he has much better work and his albums are cohesive pieces of music so you really don't get the whole experience unless you listen to them straight through.  And just to clarify, he was born and raised in Pennsylvania, but moved to Cleveland when he started his music career.

- Tical.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

dudes dont know who NIN are. you cant tell these guys nothing.
and truth be told, he would body all of them in the studio, but like i said, you cant tell these dudes nothing.

I'm glad someone has their head on their shoulders.

- Tical.

Back
Top Bottom