This Guy > Dre, Premo, Timbaland, Kanye, Just Blaze, Havoc, and anyone else...

I'm familiar with his work going back to their (NIN) first album (Pretty Hate Machine).
In high school I really dug Broken and especially Downward Spiral (March of the Pigs is ridiculous).

That said, you're comparing apples and oranges.  He doesn't produce hip hop.

So no, he's not > any of those guys listed. 

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by kanyeiwest

Uh who is he?

the fact that we don't know pretty much proves OP is a mutha ##*%+% lie
or you are ignorant and don't listen to other genres of music...

quoted from Kanye himself, when for the second time in a week him and Nine Inch Nails conflicted during their headlining spots at festivals...

"It's not a black-or-white thing, it's not a rap-or-rock-and-roll thing," he exclaimed. "It's a good-music thing. We jam about good things from the heart. How can you pick between me and Trent Reznor?"

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Tell him produce a hip hop album if he's that good.

tell a hip-hop producer to produce an industrial-rock album if they're better...I'm sure Reznor wouldn't have a problem producing a hip-hop album...

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Condescending elitist attitudes for the loss.
Get the %@!* outta here...it's funny because Kanye is my favorite artist, but i'm a realist first and foremost though.

It is SAD that most people in here do not know who Trent Reznor or Nine Inch Nails are...

Let's put it this way, if this board was mostly metal/industrial and someone said 'Ye>Trent Reznor etc...the board would be in a HUGE uproar, but they would actually know who Kanye is...

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Get the %@!* outta here...it's funny because Kanye is my favorite artist, but i'm a realist first and foremost though.

It is SAD that most people in here do not know who Trent Reznor or Nine Inch Nails are...

Let's put it this way, if this board was mostly metal/industrial and someone said 'Ye>Trent Reznor etc...the board would be in a HUGE uproar, but they would actually know who Kanye is...
1. I wasn't talking about you.

2. While you may think it's sad that people don't know who Trent Reznor is (I didn't coming into this thread) as a  "realist" you shouldn't be surprised.  It's all about accessibility.  Kanye, in addition to being a platinum selling rapper and producer is also a pop star. Pop meaning POPULAR music.  Of course they would know who Kanye is.

1. I wasn't talking about you.

2. While you may think it's sad that people don't know who Trent Reznor is (I didn't coming into this thread) as a  "realist" you shouldn't be surprised.  It's all about accessibility.  Kanye, in addition to being a platinum selling rapper and producer is also a pop star. Pop meaning POPULAR music.  Of course they would know who Kanye is.

absolutely true.

and to be fair, as much of a beast as Reznor is, it is REALLY hard to compare what he does to what hip-hop producers do, as Reznor basically produces by being a one man band...Ghosts on the otherhand is insane electronic production wise...

tell a hip-hop producer to produce an industrial-rock album if they're better...I'm sure Reznor wouldn't have a problem producing a hip-hop album...
%$$%% I don't give a !#*! if any hip hop producer is better than this dude. Read the thread title. It aint asking which producer is better it's saying a dude who makes music for industrial rock is better then producers who make hip hop music. When hip hop producers say they're the best(which they rarely do since they let their music speak for itself) they're talking within the genre they make the music not all music.

Yall wanna act stupid with this then we can just keep jumpin from genre to genre to great song to great song to great album to great album, etc.

Somebody wanna call him the greatest modern day producer fine but if I don't love or like the genre or that producer's particular music it gets NO PLAY. I don't give a !#*! if he slappin the base with the back of his knee and *%# hole

FTR, Rza > this guy

Trent is a genius and I'm a fan of NIN but you really can't have a comparison here...two different genres, two different sounds, not really compatible.

%$$%% I don't give a !#*! if any hip hop producer is better than this dude. Read the thread title. It aint asking which producer is better it's saying a dude who makes music for industrial rock is better then producers who make hip hop music. When hip hop producers say they're the best(which they rarely do since they let their music speak for itself) they're talking within the genre they make the music not all music.

Yall wanna act stupid with this then we can just keep jumpin from genre to genre to great song to great song to great album to great album, etc.

Somebody wanna call him the greatest modern day producer fine but if I don't love or like the genre or that producer's particular music it gets NO PLAY. I don't give a !#*! if he slappin the base with the back of his knee and *%# hole

FTR, Rza > this guy

so you are gonna make this whole argument about different genres etc...then make this statement? %++% outta here

FTR, Rza > this guy
so you are gonna make this whole argument about different genres etc...then make this statement? %++% outta here
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart > this guy too

Reznor's industrial sound gets old after a while...Dudes mad talented though to be writing for all them instruments for each song though.  A lot of people don't know that NIN is just Trent himself and he tours with different band mates every time he hits the road...

I mean..you gotta be nice if Johnny Cash is covering YOUR song

I mean, I've been listening to NIN since I was in HS a decade ago, but you're going out of your way to make a bold statement as if they produced for the same genre
Off of the top of my head, the only tracks I know he produced/co-produced that are under the hip hop umbrella is the stuff he did with saul williams and "flyentology" with el-p...i'm sure he's co produced for other producers too, though. I know dre co-produced a track off of the fragile
el-p probably is the closest thing to the trent sound in hip hop with still continuing the keeping that bomb squad lineage of PE
actually, for me at least, el-p can stand side by side with any producer in the last 15 years, including those you mentioned

dudes actually say he cant produce a hip hop album?

people need to check out saul williams

people need to do their research before they start talking.

dude is a #*+!!*% genius.

I don't see how people say they're incomparable when they use the same equipment (keyboards, drum machines, etc) to make music.  I'm not saying who's better at what genre, all I'm saying is they use a lot of the same stuff and Trent is exponentially better at it.

As a few have said, Reznor has produced everything from rap to rock (Saul Williams to Marilyn Manson) and all of the artists he's worked with are better because of it so not only is he better with the actual equipment, but he's more versatile as well.  The only reason people are so upset about this is because of the title, yet if I just made a post saying, "Hey guys, this guy is amazing", no one would've read it or stepped out of their ignorant bubbles to try something new.

- Tical.

Originally Posted by EZLN1

I mean, I've been listening to NIN since I was in HS a decade ago, but you're going out of your way to make a bold statement as if they produced for the same genre
Off of the top of my head, the only tracks I know he produced/co-produced that are under the hip hop umbrella is the stuff he did with saul williams and "flyentology" with el-p...i'm sure he's co produced for other producers too, though. I know dre co-produced a track off of the fragile
el-p probably is the closest thing to the trent sound in hip hop with still continuing the keeping that bomb squad lineage of PE
actually, for me at least, el-p can stand side by side with any producer in the last 15 years, including those you mentioned
TRUTH. Was waiting for someone to mention El. You just became one of my favorite posters on here, EZL.. lol.

You hear about Def Jux?
frown.gif

Originally Posted by T i c a l

I don't see how people say they're incomparable when they use the same equipment (keyboards, drum machines, etc) to make music.  I'm not saying who's better at what genre, all I'm saying is they use a lot of the same stuff and Trent is exponentially better at it.

As a few have said, Reznor has produced everything from rap to rock (Saul Williams to Marilyn Manson) and all of the artists he's worked with are better because of it so not only is he better with the actual equipment, but he's more versatile as well.  The only reason people are so upset about this is because of the title, yet if I just made a post saying, "Hey guys, this guy is amazing", no one would've read it or stepped out of their ignorant bubbles to try something new.

- Tical.
Post these hip hop tracks this guy has produced since El-P was mentioned.

Also nobody is upset it's just laughable with what you're trying to do. Your threads about a producer who messes with industrial rock mostly that's allegedly better than hip hop producers on a hip dominated forum
laugh.gif
I don't know if you mad that's how this forum is but it's clear you wanted your thread to get the attention cuz if you put his name in the thread and a song the same dudes who comment on Rock music would've posted and everybody else most likely would've backed out of the thread.

You talking about who uses the equipment better but that don't matter if ppl don't like the music. The majority of ppl on here don't mess with it heavy. That's evident with the threads on here.

I just listened to some of the stuff he produced for Saul Williams. Better than Dre
indifferent.gif

STOP IT FIVE!

Originally Posted by T i c a l

- Tical.
Post these hip hop tracks this guy has produced since El-P was mentioned.

Also nobody is upset it's just laughable with what you're trying to do. Your threads about a producer who messes with industrial rock mostly that's allegedly better than hip hop producers on a hip dominated forum
laugh.gif
I don't know if you mad that's how this forum is but it's clear you wanted your thread to get the attention cuz if you put his name in the thread and a song the same dudes who comment on Rock music would've posted and everybody else most likely would've backed out of the thread.

You talking about who uses the equipment better but that don't matter if ppl don't like the music. The majority of ppl on here don't mess with it heavy. That's evident with the threads on here.

Nine Inch Nails has an enormous following, and the point of this was to get a few people who consider hip hop producing as an art to maybe branch out a bit and consider some music that they never would otherwise (which was successful by the way).  I'm not saying he's a better hip hop producer than the guys I listed, I'm saying he's a better all around producer and musician period and that if someone can admire what Dre, Premo, and Pharrell do they should be able to admire what Trent does.  Stop being so defensive and open your ears.

- Tical.

Back
Top Bottom