[| -- This Is Jim Jones: Chapter 4 "Top Of The R.O.C." (Roc-A-Fella Breakdown In-Depth) -- |]

Originally Posted by SW33TS1NC3R1TY

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

No doubt.

Hes a newer artist...with more recent work. Hes currently buzzing and still full of potential.

Doesn't mean that he was/is a bigger artist than Jay though.

Jay at his peak >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kanye at his. He still has legions of fans, owns the media and the respect of his peers. When BP3 gets ready to drop, the usual suspects (Angie, Flex, BET, MTV) will drop to their knees and he will own the front page of the music forum and every blog as usual. Hate him or love him.

sweet heart...jay-z at his peak buzz was still playing second fiddle to DMX
smile.gif
Damn this chicks gone mad. DMX? Do you remember dirty denim?
roll.gif

come on now jayz riders..dude is not musically relevant right now..he's relevant due to his business endeavors, but kanye is everywhere now...back how jayuse to be in the early beyonce stage..right now..kanye is a bigger artist than jay..sorry

its getting to the point where ppl dnt even like jay for jay...its like he's the defualt answer when someone asks you "who's your favoriterapper?"

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by SW33TS1NC3R1TY

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

No doubt.

Hes a newer artist...with more recent work. Hes currently buzzing and still full of potential.

Doesn't mean that he was/is a bigger artist than Jay though.

Jay at his peak >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kanye at his. He still has legions of fans, owns the media and the respect of his peers. When BP3 gets ready to drop, the usual suspects (Angie, Flex, BET, MTV) will drop to their knees and he will own the front page of the music forum and every blog as usual. Hate him or love him.

sweet heart...jay-z at his peak buzz was still playing second fiddle to DMX
smile.gif
Damn this chicks gone mad. DMX? Do you remember dirty denim?
roll.gif
of course i remember that trash, but you gotta understand...DMX's buzz was so high people thought they can just throw just about anything forhim to sell to fans...

remember all those movie's DMX was in just off the belly performance....and i thought he was cuter (
embarassed.gif
) then the camel

The internet in general is flooded with stock answers, no one truly forms their own opinion anymore

People just copy and paste stuff from other sites or quote something that another famous person said

My whole point was that Kanye reached Jay's level of fame from CD alone

Kanye's personality was made for fame, it's not something he had to become comfortable with, people gravitated to him immediately

Originally Posted by All Ready

The internet in general is flooded with stock answers, no one truly forms their own opinion anymore

People just copy and paste stuff from other sites or quote something that another famous person said

My whole point was that Kanye reached Jay's level of fame from CD alone

Kanye's personality was made for fame, it's not something he had to become comfortable with, people gravitated to him immediately

I wouldn't say just off one album. But he is bigger than Jay-Z now its easy too see

Originally Posted by jefffort5

its getting to the point where ppl dnt even like jay for jay...its like he's the defualt answer when someone asks you "who's your favorite rapper?"
Quoted for emphasis...

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

Originally Posted by jefffort5

its getting to the point where ppl dnt even like jay for jay...its like he's the defualt answer when someone asks you "who's your favorite rapper?"
Quoted for emphasis...
RAP fans (as a whole) have always been dumb

(now going off topic)
but when Rap started out the artists at least had enough class to treat fans with respect.
now its more about gimicks and marketing
ohwell.gif

dudes giving opinions off of tracklisting + producer names
laugh.gif

Southern rappers getting away with repeating themselves................a lot, more than once off a track
Jeezy getting away with having "good beats for my whip"
Kanye and Weezy keep mispronouncing words... "oh my bad, I mean...",
grin.gif

and everyone, everyone is comparing the color of their car to something
smh.gif
smh.gif

and remember...jay didnt even wanna sign kanye...dame didnt at first either..but it was dame who signed kanye..that was dames boy..not jays

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

y these dudes always lyin... oh boy wasnt jay's record... just blaze said in a mag years ago he was gonna throw it away cuz he aint like it...
Don't you see that as JB trying to make shh die down? He always does this with Jay, Sai/Joey, etc. Playin producer Farrakhan

The way I see it Jimmy and Cam was in the studio with JB, they ask who it for JB said "Oh this is somethin I got for Jay" They took it and jumped onit quick. for the whole H to the Izzo beat. Whether JB said it in passing he probably said it.

laugh.gif
@ Cam erasing Ol Man Jigga's verse tho

Back
Top Bottom