This is THE best freestyle in mixtape history

When Canibus was in his prime dudes was shook to even get on a track with him... nobody wanted it with this dude.

Crazy what happened though.

I would say he was the first rapper that started making mixtapes something more than what they were traditionally then 50, and then Wayne... now everybody eating off mixtapes.

Bis had me constantly hitting up the Colesium block on Jamaica Ave to see if a new Clue tape had dropped with a freestyle on him.

I remember when Canibus first started catching fire/buzz I don't think too many had seen his face or knew what he looked like, and then the Gone till November video dropped and that's when I really saw his appearance for the first time... was surprised but dude was too nice that he could have looked like Pee Wee Herman for all I cared.

Canibus was straight bodying any and anything :smh: even NaS was scared to hop on desperados out of fear of being outshined I read once, and truthfully Canibus would have sh..ed on him at that time because NaS at that time, and truthfully still is, the epitome of a lyrical MC widely respected for being so throughout the industry so Canibus was going to go all out trying to outshine him.

Yeah this freestyle wasn't even fair :smh:

The baddest M-otha F-uckah, let me break the style down so you dont have to wonder, I walk the B-Lock with the G-loc, C-Ocked trying to the D-R-Op on the C-ops..........

:x

The thing about this, is that I actually believe it to be a freestyle because its Canibus

Last edited:
When Canibus was in his prime dudes was shook to even get on a track with him... nobody wanted it with this dude.

I would say he was the first rapper that started making mixtapes something more than what they were traditionally then 50, and then Wayne... now everybody eating off mixtapes.

Bis had me constantly hitting up the Colesium block on Jamaica Ave to see if a new Clue tape had dropped with a freestyle on him.

I remember when Canibus first started catching fire/buzz I don't think too many had seen his face or knew what he looked like, and then the Gone till November video dropped and that's when I really saw his appearance for the first time... was surprised but dude was too nice that he could have looked like Pee Wee Herman for all I cared.

Canibus was straight bodying any and anything :smh: even NaS was scared to hop on desperados out of fear of being outshined I read once, and truthfully Canibus would have sh..ed on him at that time because NaS at that time, and truthfully still is, the epitome of a lyrical MC widely respected for being so throughout the industry so Canibus was going to go all out trying to outshine him.

There is a version of Desperados on a Clue tape (could probably find it on YouTube) with Nas and Foxy on it with verses and Nas has an ill verse but Canibus still shined on the brightest on it.

Anyways, my dude Canibus was an absolute monster back then. He could go bar for bar with anybody in his prime, it's a shame he could never really learn how to put a song together, let alone an album

There is a version of Desperados on a Clue tape (could probably find it on YouTube) with Nas and Foxy on it with verses and Nas has an ill verse but Canibus still shined on the brightest on it.

Anyways, my dude Canibus was an absolute monster back then. He could go bar for bar with anybody in his prime, it's a shame he could never really learn how to put a song together, let alone an album

Yeah Mastamind I have heard the song you're referring to, but I never knew if it was official or if someone took a Nas verse and just put it on the beat. Like you said though Canibus still ate any and everyone on there.

Back
Top Bottom