This is the problem with the NHL;

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

the problem with the nhl is that it sucks. hockey is a horrible sport to watch
ok..... watching 7 foot tall men dunking and hanging on basketball hoops all game is just sooo exciting....
smh.gif
I get enough of that garbage up here in Canada. This country is filled with people who just think the sport is filled with 7 footers, that all they dois dunk.

Last I checked, the sport is, debatably, the sport where you need the most physical attributes to play. Hockey, all you have to do is know how to skate.Basketball, its a combination of things.

But apparently, people who love hockey more than God cant see past their own sport. But then again, what is the point of argueing, they never actually decideto look past their own arrogance.

Originally Posted by Super Hypebeast

NBA playoffs aren't exciting until the Conference Finals start
laugh.gif

Today's San Antonio/Phoenix game was so boring man I totally agree.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

the problem with the nhl is that it sucks. hockey is a horrible sport to watch
ok..... watching 7 foot tall men dunking and hanging on basketball hoops all game is just sooo exciting....
smh.gif

You know whats really wrong with hockey?? It's fans like you.
smh.gif
at ignorant fans who think the game of basketball consists of nothing but "7-foot" men running up and down the court and hanging on rims. You obviously haven't seen the Suns, Warriors, Nuggets, Hornets, Lakers, play.

Now don't get me wrong, hockey is a very exciting game to watch, your out of your mind if you feel other wise.

But the popular sport in this country is basketball compared to hockey. So if both are having the playoff's during the same time, more people are likely to watch the NBA.

Me personally, I like the game of hockey, but it's not ranked so high in my list of sports to watch.

1. Football
2. Basketball
3. Soccer
4. Hockey
5. Tennis
6. Baseball
This person disagrees.

068819282_goodell-roger-nfl-hd.jpg

lmao all the guy that said basketball takes more work then to play hockey. lmaoooooooooo.lmaooooooooooooooooooo.. all you neeed to do is learn to skatelmaooooooooo..

as far as im concerned everything in basketball is a foul. they love to flop after someone hardly touches their hand. it has no flow because of all thewhistles. hockey may be boring to all of you but it is the fastest game and that makes it fun to watch. whats wrong with people fighting as well? big deal youguys sound like a bunch of little girls, but when theres a fight in the nba you guys talk about it all year long how cool it was that 1 player hardly slappedthe other player lmaoooo... and just because 1 sport is more popular then another doesn't mean its better. it just means more people watch it, because noteveryone while being a little kid plays hockey but most people do play basketball and baseball so thats why they watch it.. go to canada or europe and impositive you wont see baseball and basketball in the 1 or 2 spot as far as sport popularity.

I'm a bigger basketball fan than hockey fan but even I know that physically speaking, NHL players are in WAYYYYYYYY better shape than NBA players. It's not even close.

I'm going to give you one tiny example. In the NBA, the best players average around 40 minutes a game. In hockey, the best players average around only 25minutes a game due to the intensity of the sport. Every single shift is basically a 90-100% all out sprint for about 1 minute. Thats why when they show thebench you see everyone breathing heavily.

As for which playoffs are more exciting, the edge goes to hockey. Anyone can beat the best teams at any time, the parity is unbelievable. Detroit has beenknocked out by the 8th seed 2-3 times in recent history. Ever since the NBA went from 5-game series in the first round to 7-game series, the excitement hasbeen lacking. And other than the GSW beating the Mavs last year, how often does a true "upset" really happen in the NBA? And I'm not talkingabout a 6th seed beating a 3 seed. I'm talking about how a team can barely squeek into the playoffs like the Edmonton Oilers did in the NHL and make itall the way to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

I will say this though...the NBA's Western Conference will be unbelievable this season, but that still doesnt make the NBA playoffs more exciting in thegrand scheme of things. Parity isn't very common in the NBA, just look at the Eastern Conference, there's a 98% chance we get Boston vs. Detroit inthe ECF.

thank you carlos thats what i also wanted to mention. theres little upsets in the nba unlike the nhl

The only problem i have with hockey is that i don't get to see it often enough...i mean..i don't even have cable so i hardly ever get to watch theducks play.

living in socal, i get to watch the Lakers, Angels, and Dodgers on standard TV..while the Ducks get put on like every once in a while on a channel that i neverwatch.

but there is no reason to down either sport because they're both awesome. it takes skill to play either game and each are difficult in their own way.

i'd still take bball over hockey anyday though, cause i grew up with it.

its all about tradition and the amount of publicity that the NHL puts into the US

hockey realistically isn't going to grow in the southern parts of the country like Florida, Tampa Bay, and Carolina. they're just isn't thetradition in those places.
also the moment they go back on ESPN, they'll get their audience back.

This coming from a Baseball fan above all other sports and I have to say NHL Playoffs > NBA Playoffs. I can watch any NHL series but I can't watch mostof the NBA East Series. For Playoffs to me it goes NFL>MLB>NHL>NBA. Sports to see in person NHL>NFL>MLB>NBA. Thats just me, and it is comingfrom a fan that has no access to NHL locally here in Portland. I lived in D.C. for 2 years and loved the Caps. Go sit on the glass for an NHL game, especiallya playoff one, and you will be a fan from that day forward.

i can't lie tho...after going to a lot of NBA games, sometimes i feel i'm better off watching it at home (well maybe cuz i always sit in the upperlevel), but for the atmosphere i'd still take it.
IN terms of playoffs, I'd agree that NFL probably has the best format. NBA drags on way too long.

^^so you want a one game and then you're done series compared to a 7 game series best out of four.

LOL at this NHL vs NBA talk.

Are you guys saying that the most fit NHL player is in better shape than the most fit NBA player? Last time I checked you can't depend on momentum to coaston a basketball court.

I LOVE when hockey fans complain about NBA fouls. Just because you can't shove someone to stop them, that makes hockey a more skilled sport? If anythingthat makes it more difficult, requiring more skill to play defense properly. In basketball every player must know how to score. You can't get by being aguy that just like to fight. How can you have 2 assist on 1 goal?

Why do I want to see basketball players fight? If I wanted to see a fight I would watch Boxing or UFC. Fighting as a concept in hockey is stupid anyway. Youget penalized and put your team at a disadvantage with less people on the ice.

I can understand the excitement factor due to the low scoring of a hockey game, but I'm also not trying to watch guys skate for 15 minutes straight passingthe puck back and forth on the ice without scoring.

Basketball games have no flow? So there's no stoppages in hockey games? Offsides? Icing?

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

^^so you want a one game and then you're done series compared to a 7 game series best out of four.
in terms of overall entertainment i like it better because there's more chance for an upset. but i will concede if my team's in the postseasoni'd rather have a 7 game series. but the NBA playoffs drag on forever

Back
Top Bottom