Those of you who live in the 'burbs - you ever feel :( going into the hood?

Like you feel so out of place you just wanna start crying inside your locked vehicle. I wouldn't wanna live in the hood but I feel like I'm missing out on a cultural revolution.

I drove through the hood today and saw like 10 blacks + 5 latins at a bus stop and I almost veered my mom's Cooper off the road due to the sensory overload. It had been a hot minute since I had last seen people of ethnic persuasion. I went inside this supermarket and heard no English being spoken and the clerk even greeted me in Spanish. We're not in Whole Foods anymore, Taylor.
Worst part about it all is I'm Mexican and I used  to be REAL street savvy, but when you are out in dem 'burbs for so long your levels drop. It's like staying in shape.

laugh.gif

R.I.P. son, there are places you can go for the "cultural" experience without getting robbed. It depends, what exactly do you consider the hood. A lot of places people consider the hood are actually not that dangerous.

I don't advocate violence, but any man who uses the word savvy, should be beat and robbed of his man purseand Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by the north west

judging from your posts you would get stomped out and robbed in the hood

He'd get stomped out and robbed in the suburbs
laugh.gif

As a former hood dweller myself the bus stop is a real experience. You want to learn about the world, put down the textbook and go to the local bustop

I used live in the hood and @#$% was depressing. culture? theres always festivals and community centers for that. why the hell would you want to go back? People who glorify life in the hood would jump at the opportunity to raise a family in a nice safe environment, unless theyre the ignorant type that dont want to do anything with their lives

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

when you are out in dem 'burbs for so long your levels drop. It's like staying in shape.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

As a former hood dweller myself the bus stop is a real experience. You want to learn about the world, put down the textbook and go to the local bustop

Co-sign. There's actually A LOT to be said for this, imo.

I've lived in the suburs my whole life, but damn I hope your being sarcastic
laugh.gif

Chances are your not gonna get messed with during broad day light unless your in a really bad neighborhood.

I'll be honest I don't goto the hood unless I need to or I'm chillin with one of my mans who live there. I used to spend weeks there during the summer at my cousins house and once people get to know you its just like the suburbs just a lil rougher if you don't know how to act right
laugh.gif

Like you feel so out of place you just wanna start crying inside your locked vehicle. I wouldn't wanna live in the hood but I feel like I'm missing out on a cultural revolution.

I drove through the hood today and saw like 10 blacks + 5 latins at a bus stop and I almost veered my mom's Cooper off the road due to the sensory overload. It had been a hot minute since I had last seen people of ethnic persuasion. I went inside this supermarket and heard no English being spoken and the clerk even greeted me in Spanish. We're not in Whole Foods anymore, Taylor.
Worst part about it all is I'm Mexican and I used  to be REAL street savvy, but when you are out in dem 'burbs for so long your levels drop. It's like staying in shape.
That's fale. A street education stays with you for a lifetime no matter how long you've been out of the "hood"..

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

That's fale. A street education stays with you for a lifetime no matter how long you've been out of the "hood"..

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

R.I.P. son, there are places you can go for the "cultural" experience without getting robbed.

Wasn't there a thread about some state planning to give tours through the ghetto for the experience.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
are you for real though?!?
roll.gif

Worst part about it all is I'm Mexican and
I used  to be REAL street savvy, but when you are out in dem 'burbs for so long your levels drop. It's like staying in shape.

- It's true. 

- My levels are back to normal, but...

- I was
token.jpg
back in middle & high school.  Both were 99% (literally) white.  I spent my adolescent/teens in a fantastic Philadelphia far suburb/Exburb littered with Philadelphia/N.Y. transplants, devoid of character.  Prior to moving to this exburb from living within the city limits, I used to drip with illadelph swagger as a young buck (spent fist ten years of life in a multi-ethnic middle/upper middle-class Philadelphia neighborhood which was turning for the worst in the early 90's).  By the time I neared high school graduation, I spoke like a pseudo-klan member with a strong suburban/rural bias.  My outlook on urban living situations was dismal.

- After returning to the city for college/grad school to live, my strong illadelph swag returned
smokin.gif
.  Now I laugh at the suburb driven/created subliminal fear I had of ANYTHING slightly blighted (property/structures/neighborhood) /colored (humans
laugh.gif
).  I LOVE the city and strong character/culture that exudes from every block and neighborhood.  The suburban non-threatening/ overly conformist/ fearful/ bigoted/ vanilla/ white-bread/ milquetoast demeanor is not for me.

- Tier/Zone 1 suburb's only for me in the future, if I ever leave the city again.  No Tier 2 or Exburb's for me
smh.gif
the social climate changes too much.

Back
Top Bottom