Tidal Streaming!!

I see the Hov capes are out in full force.  

If you can't see how he uses important issues to further pad his pockets, you're blind.

And it has nothing about him not doing enough--I'm sure he has done a lot more for the less fortunate than most.  It has everything to do with being an opportunist and capitalizing off of a new trend or social issue to bring in more $$.  

All that behind the scenes stuff is cool and like I said, I'm certain he's done A LOT more than most in that regard.  But he only comes around in public (I'm talking about addressing social issues) when he needs something.  And maybe it isn't all about opportunity for him and maybe he really felt like his Tidal show was the time to publicly address police brutality.  But the timing is very peculiar.  

If you can't see how he uses important issues to further pad his pockets, you're blind.

And it has nothing about him not doing enough--I'm sure he has done a lot more for the less fortunate than most.  It has everything to do with being an opportunist and capitalizing off of a new trend or social issue to bring in more $$.  

All that behind the scenes stuff is cool and like I said, I'm certain he's done A LOT more than most in that regard.  But he only comes around in public (I'm talking about addressing social issues) when he needs something.  And maybe it isn't all about opportunity for him and maybe he really felt like his Tidal show was the time to publicly address police brutality.  But the timing is very peculiar.  
we have the word of a random writer saying he does it and nobody else. even if he does send 10s of thousands to support, you dont HEAR about it. jay could make becoming involved and voicing opinion the cool thing to do IF HE WANTED TO. and as i said in my last post... for a person whos strongest weapon is their voice, why dont u HEAR about it...till now. why dont u HEAR from Jay about issues until hes advertising/campaigning for something? thats the problem. superbly nailed it. why is kendrick lupe and sometimes cole the only ones really speaking on it? he wired money? awesome. why not get everyone else to chip in? if jay said, "donate to the freddie gray fund at blabla.com, cuz thats what the real n***s are doing" do u understand what that fund would look like? hes not using his voice to help others, he uses his voice to help himself. thats whats everyone has been saying. not "hes still not doing enough" which has somehow become the capers favorite quote.

edit: sometimes yall gotta keep it real. jay makes moves behind closed doors which is fine. but can we at least acknowledge if he made moves in the light theyd have a much bigger POSITIVE impact? cole was on the front lines. wale (egh) was on the front lines. these other rappers and artists, doctors and lawyers, are on the front lines. its not just jay... its all of the A-list celebs. none of em speak cuz they dont wanna risk f'ing up their money and people dont like that. u wont speak a word to help US until you NEED us. and thats messed up.

Last edited:

Came to post this

It's crazy to me that a concert for his streaming service has even turned into a worldwide debate on what he has/hasn't done for charity.

Doesn't speak on issues "oh he's not a leader , blah blah blah" "why didn't he wear the I can't breathe shirt ?hes too good to wear one"

Speaks on them "oh he's just using this for personal gain, he's always making everything about him, eventhough he's donated more $$$ and time than I have"

Lose lose no matter what

^ He didn't "speak" on it though. He had a line in a "freestyle" that took place at a concert that promoted his brand. Freddie Gray died over a month ago. Why speak up now at your concert that promotes your brand? He had a lot to say on Twitter (which he never uses) about Tidal in the weeks after Gray's death, but nada about a very important social issue that was in the headlines everywhere. Again, the timing is peculiar. I don't understand how people cannot see that. Not saying you have to care, but a spade is a spade.

Btw, those bars are not really speaking on something. That's not really addressing the issue. That isn't using your unprecedented position of power and influence in the hip-hop community to its fullest. That's lightly glazing over something and throwing it in a rap because it's the "topic du jour".

And like I said, maybe he truly felt that was the time to "address" the issue. But again, why do it at a business function (let's be honest--the concert is about business) when you have the power to make people stop and listen any time you choose to speak?

^ He didn't "speak" on it though. He had a line in a "freestyle" that took place at a concert that promoted his brand. Freddie Gray died over a month ago. Why speak up now at your concert that promotes your brand? He had a lot to say on Twitter (which he never uses) about Tidal in the weeks after Gray's death, but nada about a very important social issue that was in the headlines everywhere. Again, the timing is peculiar. I don't understand how people cannot see that. Not saying you have to care, but a spade is a spade.

Btw, those bars are not really speaking on something. That's not really addressing the issue. That isn't using your unprecedented position of power and influence in the hip-hop community to its fullest. That's lightly glazing over something and throwing it in a rap because it's the "topic du jour".

And like I said, maybe he truly felt that was the time to "address" the issue. But again, why do it at a business function (let's be honest--the concert is about business) when you have the power to make people stop and listen any time you choose to speak?

What :lol:

^ In simpleton terms, when Jay-Z speaks, people (namely the hip-hop community) listen.

Didn't think it was too hard to understand. :lol:

I understand it perfectly.

but it's funny how you spend so much time saying what he says doesn't matter. Who is going to stop doing anything for Jay-Z? The only reason people care about him speaking is so they can tear down or dismiss what he's saying. Like you do constantly. He's a ordinary public citizen with 24 hours in the day just like everybody else.

Ya'll spend way too much time discussing everything about that man besides his music as if he is a elected official or community organizer.

Last edited:
^ In simpleton terms, when Jay-Z speaks, people (namely the hip-hop community) listen.

Didn't think it was too hard to understand. :lol:

but it's funny how you spend so much time saying what he says doesn't matter. Who is going to stop doing anything for Jay-Z? The only reason people care about him speaking is so they can tear down or dismiss what he's saying. Like you do constantly. He's a ordinary public citizen with 24 hours in the day just like everybody else.

Ya'll spend way too much time discussing everything about that man besides his music as if he is a elected official or community organizer.

Well in all fairness, there isn't much to discuss music-wise. Unless we want to rehash all the classics or rank his best albums, which we've all done ad nauseum on NT.

On the flipside, you spend an awful lot of time throwing on the cape for that man. So I guess we're even?

Btw, I don't think I've ever said that what he says doesn't matter. Quite the opposite actually, hence what I've said in here. And that's the entire point.

He doesn't do anything, people complain
He does something, people complain
He says something, people complain
He says nothing, people complain

I wish some of you would hold yourselves and your elected officials to the same standards ya'll do Jay-Z.

When will ya'll realize Jay-Z isn't the problem, it's you.

And then you wonder why celebs and athletes don't do or say anything. What do they have to gain? Hate from their own people? Crabs in the barrel indeed. Dudes signed up for being entertainers, not for saving the world or black america.

And I'm convinced that Harry Belafonte and Muhammad Ali would get criticized in our social media age where everything is overanalyzed and nitpicked.

Dudes are looking for the next Dr King and Malcolm X in rappers.

I never once saw something happen and thought, damn I wonder what Jay-Z thinks or wanted him to speak on it. :lol:

He doesn't do anything, people complain
He does something, people complain
He says something, people complain
He says nothing, people complain

I wish some of you would hold yourselves and your elected officials to the same standards ya'll do Jay-Z.

When will ya'll realize Jay-Z isn't the problem, it's you.

And then you wonder why celebs and athletes don't do or say anything. What do they have to gain? Hate from their own people? Crabs in the barrel indeed. Dudes signed up for being entertainers, not for saving the world or black america.

And I'm convinced that Harry Belafonte and Muhammad Ali would get criticized in our social media age where everything is overanalyzed and nitpicked.

Dudes are looking for the next Dr King and Malcolm X in rappers.

I never once saw something happen and thought, damn I wonder what Jay-Z thinks or wanted him to speak on it. :lol:

Enough said! Some people's commentary is borderline hilarious/pathetic

****** want jay z to lead the million man march [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. If he doesn't acknowledge **** he's criticized if he does he's using it to help himself. He's the type of dude that always got something going on so whenever he comes out and says something y'all will say its for himself. Y'all need to be mad at kanye if y'all mad at jay. This same dude can wear a t shirt and it would be sold out 20 minutes later at 300 a pop.

we have the word of a random writer saying he does it and nobody else. even if he does send 10s of thousands to support, you dont HEAR about it. jay could make becoming involved and voicing opinion the cool thing to do IF HE WANTED TO. and as i said in my last post... for a person whos strongest weapon is their voice, why dont u HEAR about it...till now. why dont u HEAR from Jay about issues until hes advertising/campaigning for something? thats the problem. superbly nailed it. why is kendrick lupe and sometimes cole the only ones really speaking on it? he wired money? awesome. why not get everyone else to chip in? if jay said, "donate to the freddie gray fund at blabla.com, cuz thats what the real n***s are doing" do u understand what that fund would look like? hes not using his voice to help others, he uses his voice to help himself. thats whats everyone has been saying. not "hes still not doing enough" which has somehow become the capers favorite quote.

edit: sometimes yall gotta keep it real. jay makes moves behind closed doors which is fine. but can we at least acknowledge if he made moves in the light theyd have a much bigger POSITIVE impact? cole was on the front lines. wale (egh) was on the front lines. these other rappers and artists, doctors and lawyers, are on the front lines. its not just jay... its all of the A-list celebs. none of em speak cuz they dont wanna risk f'ing up their money and people dont like that. u wont speak a word to help US until you NEED us. and thats messed up.
All this **** real right here...

Im not getting this at all. Dudes are upset that he doesn't speak on it publicly.. although he has been involved with helping the black lives matter movement.

He then has a concert where ample attention will be given, mentions the problems and now he's doing it for "self Promotion". yes because i'm sure mentioning police brutality will help hundreds of thousands of white teens want to join tidal and help pad jay's pockets.... :rolleyes

Ya'll make absolutely zero sense. ya'll claim he should speak about it and when he does you blast him for using his voice. As if somehow because he's getting paid for the concert it ditracts from the message.

At the concert tonight he gave a RIP to Chinx, and specifically told the black youth that they are kings and queens and to stop hating on eachother, yet in ya'll eyes its not showing respect or trying to help because he did it on a platform where "somehow people will hear it & see it, so it's not genuine".

What also kills me is that Jay clearly been promoting Tidal and can't get tons of people to give 10 dollars for music, but somehow ya'll believe him tweeting about the situation will somehow increase support for the black lives matter movement?

IDK who the **** ya'll are but i don't want support from anyone who didn't have a problem with our cops and government slaying black men until Jay-Z tweeted about it.

Also thiss happened in December and he actually met with the Governor, but alas his ALL powerful words and God like influence ya'll seem to be awarding him hasnt stopped NYPD from harassing blacks.

NEW YORK (AP) — Hip-hop moguls Jay Z and Russell Simmons and rapper-actor Common on Wednesday pressed for changes to the state's criminal justice system amid protests over the killings of unarmed black people by white police officers who weren't criminally charged.

Simmons and Jay Z discussed reforms with Gov. Andrew Cuomo, and Common joined Simmons later at a City Hall news conference with activists demanding a slate of changes to policing and prosecution.

"We want to promote the end of police protecting police and not prosecuting police," Simmons said.

In the past two weeks, grand juries have decided not to indict officers in the chokehold death of New Yorker Eric Garner and the fatal shooting of Ferguson, Missouri, teenager Michael Brown. The decisions have unleashed demonstrations and questions about police conduct and whether local prosecutors are the best choice for investigating police, who are often their partners in building cases.

Simmons said Cuomo pledged in a conversation Wednesday to order that special prosecutors, rather than local district attorneys, handle cases of alleged police brutality. It's an idea protesters have championed, "and we're going to hold him to it," Simmons said.

But Cuomo spokeswoman Melissa DeRosa characterized the men's conversation as a discussion of special prosecutors among a "range of options that could be included" amid criminal justice changes the governor intends to work on passing next year.

Simmons' representatives didn't immediately respond to inquiries about the governor's account of the exchange.

Jay Z and Cuomo had "a productive conversation" at Cuomo's office about reviewing and reforming the criminal justice system, DeRosa said. Jay Z's spokeswoman confirmed the meeting but wouldn't comment further.

DeRosa noted that Cuomo also has discussed the issue with district attorneys, a police union president, minority lawmakers and others over the last week.

The rapper-activists also have trained their attention on New York City Hall. Simmons spoke this week with Mayor Bill de Blasio, and Simmons and Common lent their voices Wednesday to activist group Justice League NYC's call for a roster of city and state actions. Those actions include firing officers involved in the Garner case, appointing special prosecutors for that case and others involving police use of force, expediting a federal investigation into Garner's death and passing a City Council proposal to require police to let people know when they can refuse searches.

Common said America "should be ashamed of itself" over cases like Garner's.

"We're going to do everything it takes to change this system," he said.

De Blasio spokeswoman Marti Adams said the mayor and Police Commissioner William Bratton "are serious about enacting smart reforms" to build trust between police and communities.

Opportunist
Humanitarian

http://www.complex.com/music/2015/05/dream-hampton-talks-ferguson-baltimore-protests-jay-z

it's never enough for some people tho. hate.hate.hate.hate.hate.
wait.... are u trying to connect these two? when does the REACHING stop? someone posted a FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND dollar bail. I'm not sure how it works up in Baltimore but u only gotta pay 10% down here in florida. so thats $50k in bail money. Jay sent 10s of thousands for protestorS and u think he gave 50 of em to one guy? 

but he never said what he says doesn't matter. and what do u mean who is going to stop doing anything for jay? are u crazy? did u not see what he did to autotune with one song? do u see when he said "we drink crystal" and then subsequently "we dont drink crystal no more"? Did u see what happened when he mentioned hublots and audemars instead of rolexs? bruh cut that out. 

ur not even being realistic AND you dont make sense. how do u criticize someone for saying what jay says doesnt matter, then write a paragraph on how what jay says doesnt matter? o_O

matter of fact. just shut up.
Im not getting this at all. Dudes are upset that he doesn't speak on it publicly.. although he has been involved with helping the black lives matter movement.

He then has a concert where ample attention will be given, mentions the problems and now he's doing it for "self Promotion". yes because i'm sure mentioning police brutality will help hundreds of thousands of white teens want to join tidal and help pad jay's pockets.... 
eyes.gif

Ya'll make absolutely zero sense. ya'll claim he should speak about it and when he does you blast him for using his voice. As if somehow because he's getting paid for the concert it ditracts from the message.

At the concert tonight he gave a RIP to Chinx, and specifically told the black youth that they are kings and queens and to stop hating on eachother, yet in ya'll eyes its not showing respect or trying to help because he did it on a platform where "somehow people will hear it & see it, so it's not genuine".

What also kills me is that Jay clearly been promoting Tidal and can't get tons of people to give 10 dollars for music, but somehow ya'll believe him tweeting about the situation will somehow increase support for the black lives matter movement?

IDK who the **** ya'll are but i don't want support from anyone who didn't have a problem with our cops and government slaying black men until Jay-Z tweeted about it.

Also thiss happened in December and he actually met with the Governor, but alas his ALL powerful words and God like influence ya'll seem to be awarding him hasnt stopped NYPD from harassing blacks.

its almost like yall dont comprehend what u read. nobody is MAD he said something at the concert... we're all saying, why is this concert that is SPECIFICALLY made to promote tidal, the first time u say anything? its been months or even years for some of the things hes mentioned. why...did u choose a concert for promotion to even mention it? thats not fishy to you? if its not, then i dont know what to tell you. it says more about you than it does everyone else. and its not $10 that everyone complains about, its the $20. and u think jay tweeting about blacklivesmatter (not that anyone here has mentioned that specifically, but for some reason u pulled that ONE element of this whole thing... despite jay not saying a word about ANYTHING relating to these crimes against black people) wont help? ur delusional. yall capers dont know where to stand. on one hand u say jay does enough, then on the other say jay doesnt have the power to do anything. 

he met with the gov? great. more moves  behind closed doors. so how many people did he bring to the cause? how many people did he say "go out and vote on these laws" to? how many people said "im gonna get involved" becuz of jay? NOBODY. of the 3 that were in the article YOU posted... only one of em never showed face publicly about any of the recent tragedies. only one of em wasn't on the front lines. only one of them wasn't in public meetings and forums. only one of em NEVER said a word about it until a promo concert. in short... one of these is not like the others.  like i said in my last post... making a move behind a closed door is cool. but u cant start any movements in private. u can't build support by yourself. he would have the LARGEST ppositive impact by using...his voice. get it? you probably dont.

--------------------

if yall could keep it real in your assessments noone would have anything to say. but u dont. yall reach and reach and say what can  he do? ur asking what can a celebrity's words do and youre being serious about it. thats ignorant. jay did some fishy stuff, wouldnt be the first time wont be the last. hes a businessman. its expected. whats not expected is the excuses flooding in. jay did what he did. stop caping like youre on a pay roll. you wanna save jay? go sign up for $20 a month so he can finally get paid some proper internet royalties. 

Last edited:
He would have the largest impact by using his Voice.... Does a Highly promoted concert, includes the names of those killed by officers & then gets criticized for his "intentions"

Jay tweeting about that movement would help, yet somehow Dozens of hiphop artist, All major news networks covering the stories, dozens of songs and social media post, Him personally meeting with government officials about changing laws, people watching for years as cops have killed black youth over and over & get away with it.

All of this has happened & yet no changes have been made, yet somehow you think jay tweeting about these exact actions that EVERYONE is aware is suddenly going to make an impact. Think of what your saying, you are saying people have capes, and in the very same sentence making Jays words out to be something that is going to sway people's opinion on police brutality in this world?

Do you understand how foolish of an argument this is, you downplayed him trying to use his resources to legitimately try and bring in actual changes to the LAW and forcing action, has helped bailout peaceful protestors who are being victimized by a dirty justice system, Used a nationally publicized concert to make address those killed by police brutality and then talk about he should tweet more?

Once again every singular person in Jay-Z demographic is completely aware of whats going on with black people in this country right now, if by now it takes ANY CELEBRITY saying something to get you involved with trying to better the situation, then you in turn dont give a **** about the situation.

This was 2013 yet this is "the first time he's mentioning it" ?

He was at several marches for Trayvon/Mike Brown etc etc yet you claim the tidal concert is the first time he's publically said anything or made a statement?

Fam you are talking out your *** and condemning someone for not for what he does but for what he hasn't done. which the way your making it seem he needs to go out his way quit everything he does and become a fulltime activist in order to be respected by the likes of people like you. I'm sorry but i rather any celeb give personal time, money, and charty work > tweeting some ****.

This sin't a matter of notereity any more EVERYONE is aware of this epidemic, ther's nothing Jay is gonna be able to publically state that's gonna somehow make this a bigger issue than it already is.

He would have the largest impact by using his Voice.... Does a Highly promoted concert, includes the names of those killed by officers & then gets criticized for his "intentions"

Jay tweeting about that movement would help, yet somehow Dozens of hiphop artist, All major news networks covering the stories, dozens of songs and social media post, Him personally meeting with government officials about changing laws, people watching for years as cops have killed black youth over and over & get away with it.

All of this has happened & yet no changes have been made, yet somehow you think jay tweeting about these exact actions that EVERYONE is aware is suddenly going to make an impact. Think of what your saying, you are saying people have capes, and in the very same sentence making Jays words out to be something that is going to sway people's opinion on police brutality in this world?

Do you understand how foolish of an argument this is, you downplayed him trying to use his resources to legitimately try and bring in actual changes to the LAW and forcing action, has helped bailout peaceful protestors who are being victimized by a dirty justice system, Used a nationally publicized concert to make address those killed by police brutality and then talk about he should tweet more?

Once again every singular person in Jay-Z demographic is completely aware of whats going on with black people in this country right now, if by now it takes ANY CELEBRITY saying something to get you involved with trying to better the situation, then you in turn dont give a **** about the situation.

This was 2013 yet this is "the first time he's mentioning it" ?

He was at several marches for Trayvon/Mike Brown etc etc yet you claim the tidal concert is the first time he's publically said anything or made a statement?

Fam you are talking out your *** and condemning someone for not for what he does but for what he hasn't done. which the way your making it seem he needs to go out his way quit everything he does and become a fulltime activist in order to be respected by the likes of people like you. I'm sorry but i rather any celeb give personal time, money, and charty work > tweeting some ****.

This sin't a matter of notereity any more EVERYONE is aware of this epidemic, ther's nothing Jay is gonna be able to publically state that's gonna somehow make this a bigger issue than it already is.
make an address = 2 sentences for 3 murders?

major news networks? yea..cuz THOSE have been showing the truth and definitely on the side of black people. DEFINITELY. we should all just listen to what the news says cuz thats clearly whats been going on in the streets. and the youth DEFINITELY listen to the news to shape the culture. 

every single person in jay-z's demographic? yes black people understand, but u do of course understand most of jayz's fans are white. right? and the focus wasn't "he should tweet more" (more of you capers grasping at straws becuz nobody said that) its that...he DOESNT. SAY. S***. until its time for promo. 

and how are u surprised about people not caring til a celeb says something. have u lived in america long? i forgot he posted an interview on his youtube. sue me. my points stand. dude operates from the shadows and could do more in the light if hes trying to bring change. you cant defeat racism and police brutality behind closed doors. cuz behind closed doors is where it takes place.

condemning someone for what they havent done is fundamental. "with great power comes great responsibility" "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." things of that nature. in law its called negligence. in the bible its referenced everywhere. what were u trying to prove saying we're condemning him forr what he hasn't done? o_O  

and we weren't talking about him bringing awareness. it was about causing a change. and dont say he cant. he can make donating cool. he can make a non-violence cool. he can make peaceful protest cool. he can make getting involved cool. he has power even tho u seem to not wanna admit it. there IS a reason he gets criticized all over the internet for his silence on issues.

and of the artists ur talking about that said something.... none of them have pull like jay. NONE of them. like i also said before... its not JUST jay. its all of the a-list celebs who remain quiet. but jay is the focus right now... cuz jay spoke up only when it would benefit him. which has been the point this entire time. which has flown over your head this entire time.

Last edited:
Jay cant even get ****** to buy tidal [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. Y'all hate old man j**** no matter what. If he says something its on why he wait so long, he waited til he was on stage etc etc. I don't check twitter like that and I damn sure don't check for a damn 40 something year old tweets, didn't know he had one actually. But I watched the concert, so if him saying something was so important that was the platform to do it on. One which most would actually see.

Breh you just had a clip showcasing a conversation with mentioning the death of Trayvon Martin in an interview.... how did he benefit off of that?

-There are numerous occasions he has showed up to protest, donated to charities fighting police brutality... all of this wasn't done wearing a ****** invisible cloak, it was televised, written about, and promoted that Jay & Beyonce were at these events.

- he has mentioned the senseless killing of young black men in his past concerts in front of the world to see.

You are just running your mouth in circles & making no points at all. You claim that he could make protest cool, he can make donating cool, he can make non violence cool... yet there's CLEAR examples of him donating to these funds, Going to protest, advocating for police violence to stop publically.

and yet somehow the changes haven't happened in people.

And once again if Jays voice is as powerful as you make it to be how do you explain him not being able to get some people to simply pay for music, yet in the same sentence claim that his word is powerful enough to essentially turn a young person into an activist because its the cool thing to do?

You are contradicting yourself throughout and it's foolish. If you don't like jay or what he stands for cool, but dont sit here and try and disguise it around some he doesn't support black people enough ********. when their are clear examples of him literally doing everything you *****ed about him not doing.

Let me guess now he doesn't do it enough for your liking, maybe he should go on tour and just do 2 hours sitdowns with his White fans about black justice, and suddenly turn them into heartfelt activist. Not because they aren't aware of black men being slaughtered, not because the issue hasnt been in their face for years now, not because social media doesn't bring these issues up every day, not because their hasn't been COUNTLESS amounts of A-list celebrities who have promoted these issues, but simply because Jay said it's cool they are gonna suddenly change the world. :smh:

Dudes are true clowns at heart.

A black celeb isn't gonna get blacks folks outta their situations. It's gonna take communities to do that. Jay ain't the answer man and he's doing his part privately. Let him cook

Jay cant even get ****** to buy tidal [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. Y'all hate old man j**** no matter what. If he says something its on why he wait so long, he waited til he was on stage etc etc. I don't check twitter like that and I damn sure don't check for a damn 40 something year old tweets, didn't know he had one actually. But I watched the concert, so if him saying something was so important that was the platform to do it on. One which most would actually see.
yall just dont read.
Breh you just had a clip showcasing a conversation with mentioning the death of Trayvon Martin in an interview.... how did he benefit off of that?

-There are numerous occasions he has showed up to protest, donated to charities fighting police brutality... all of this wasn't done wearing a ****** invisible cloak, it was televised, written about, and promoted that Jay & Beyonce were at these events.

- he has mentioned the senseless killing of young black men in his past concerts in front of the world to see.

You are just running your mouth in circles & making no points at all. You claim that he could make protest cool, he can make donating cool, he can make non violence cool... yet there's CLEAR examples of him donating to these funds, Going to protest, advocating for police violence to stop publically.

and yet somehow the changes haven't happened in people.

And once again if Jays voice is as powerful as you make it to be how do you explain him not being able to get some people to simply pay for music, yet in the same sentence claim that his word is powerful enough to essentially turn a young person into an activist because its the cool thing to do?

You are contradicting yourself throughout and it's foolish. If you don't like jay or what he stands for cool, but dont sit here and try and disguise it around some he doesn't support black people enough ********. when their are clear examples of him literally doing everything you *****ed about him not doing.

Let me guess now he doesn't do it enough for your liking, maybe he should go on tour and just do 2 hours sitdowns with his White fans about black justice, and suddenly turn them into heartfelt activist. Not because they aren't aware of black men being slaughtered, not because the issue hasnt been in their face for years now, not because social media doesn't bring these issues up every day, not because their hasn't been COUNTLESS amounts of A-list celebrities who have promoted these issues, but simply because Jay said it's cool they are gonna suddenly change the world.
mean.gif

Dudes are true clowns at heart.
dudes are clowns at heart and you're one of em. never did i say i dont like jay. clear examples? pull those up. u have an interview where he mentioned trayvon. and one of his publicists saying he donated. im not contradicting myself ANYWHERE. ur still confused. u say "changes havent happened in people" but how would they? the people dont have leaders and the people they look to as culture-makers dont say ish either. and people STILL are paying for this stupid service tidal despite all reasoning saying they shouldnt. people who never cared about hi-fi audio now being converted even IN this thread. tidal existed before jay came along for MONTHS. look at it now. so yes... he can make changes to things and make them cool. i didnt say he doesnt support black people enough or anything like that. u keep making stuff up as u go. in EVERY post u put words in my mouth. cut that out.

i dont care about him touring to do sitdowns. but i bet if it was gonna make him dollars...he woulda did it lol. and show me these a-list celebrities who have promoted these issues. and to change the world u change the youth. thats obvious. all  of these celebs with the youth's ear...dont use their voice to promote positive change. ur right, he said those 2 sentences (which was likely a "look i know about this just like yall. i think its messed up too. yall can support me" type of ideal) and then followed em up with disses against spotify and youtube lol. his artist cole is on talk shows literally crying giving performances of a lifetime about the  brutality in front of all white older crowds by comparison. you got it tho. ur cape is duct-taped on, theres no reason to debate further with u.

Jay Z and Beyonce made thier way to Baltimore this weekend to support Prince’s #Rally4Peace concert, which was a tribute to the late Freddie Gray. During the festivities, The Carters took pictures with the families of Gray and Mike Brown as well backstage.

View media item 1539054
Platinum-selling power couple Jay Z and Beyoncé joined the crowd demanding “Justice for Trayvon Martin” at a Manhattan rally on Saturday where the pair greeted the slain teen’s mother.

View media item 1539058
Second is Jay-Z’s charitable project with The Shawn Carter Foundation. This foundation has raised millions of dollars for prospective college students, and created a toy & meal drive for Hurricane Sandy victims. My mentor, Dr. Michael Eric Dyson, once told me that he personally attended one of these fundraisers with Jay-Z and his mother where over $2,000,000 was raised in one night. This is not Jay-Z just showing up. He uses his foundation to call other people of influence to action.

While people criticized he and Kanye West for writing “luxury rap” during a recession with the video “Otis”, the Maybach that was smashed up was actually auctioned off to benefit victims of drought in East Africa.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/...Jay-Z-isn-t-ultra-conscious-charitable-He-is#

"The greatest form of giving is anonymous to anonymous."
-Jay Z lyric from "Nickels and Dimes"
I am generally skeptical of people who feel the urge to publicly call out what they perceive to be the lack of generosity of particular celebrities. In essence, sitting at their computers, people imagine it something like this: If I had the amount of money that Jay Z has in his bank account and even half of his influence, I'd be doing A, B, and C.

The thing is, it's just not that simple. You can't superimpose someone else's net worth on top of where you are today and then think of how much better you'd be if you had their cash and clout because if you had their cash and clout, you'd also have their challenges and concerns.

I have one tenth of 1 percent of the cultural influence of Jay Z and even less of his money, but those around me have already come to understand that when I do something as simple as retweet something they are doing, haters and racists and trolls come running out of their holes in droves to critique it. Having experienced this reality on a much harsher level for years, Jay Z, already known for being a fiercely private and even shy dude, opted for being an anonymous Robin Hood many moons ago.

Below the fold are some things that I am absolutely sure of about Jay's charitable endeavors that you probably didn't know.

Jay Z is meeting Today with New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to urge him to appoint a special prosecutor in the choking death of Eric Garner.

Jay has paid and is still paying for the tuition of the children of NYPD shooting victim Sean Bell.

Quietly, Jay has given financially to people working on the ground in Ferguson.

Quietly, Jay has supported justice for those discriminated against in the trans community.

Jay has paid to send HUNDREDS of high school students, who, by the way, are very often on the margins of society and actually have to have a GPA of 2.7 or below, through college.

--

I was literally steps away from Jay Z and Beyonce at a rally for Trayvon in New York City. When they stepped on the scene, and the entire time they were there, they were all anyone cared about. The man on the mic at the time could've screamed "I have Ebola" and started spitting in every direction and people would've ignored him.

Instances like this, and dozens and dozens of others like it, seem to have caused Jay Z to feel that it's in everybody's best interest if he goes behind-the-scenes-incognito on his giving and his advocacy. It's easy for people without influence to think this is a blown opportunity and how if they were him, they'd do yadda, yadda, yadda, but Jay's attempted advocacy at the Brooklyn Nets game versus the Cleveland Cavaliers only further proves that when you are as influential as Jay Z, somebody is either going to find wrong in everything he does or find a way to make a story about justice no longer about justice but about Jay Z.

Long story short is this: NBA players have been showing their support for the family of Eric Garner by wearing T-shirts during warm-ups which state Garner's last words, "I Can't Breathe."

Nationally televised, and attended by both British royalty and American royalty (Jay Z and Beyonce), activists decided to get jerseys to the players to wear. A former investor in the Brooklyn Nets, activists made the shirts, and through several channels got them to Jay Z, who helped get the T-shirts to the players.

Proud, Jay Z took this photo with some of the players.

Jay Z with Brooklyn Nets players
Jay Z took the image with the players precisely to show his support of them and the message they were conveying. He was personally and directly connected to the activists who made it happen. The action that the activists planned was not about Jay Z, but about NBA players wearing the T-shirts before the game and it was a huge success. The media coverage of all of them wearing the T-shirts, on a night in which the story of the game and the British royal attendance alone could've dominated headlines, exceeded expectations.
Yet, now media pundits and cultural critics alike are using the fact that Jay Z didn't wear a T-shirt in the photo as commentary for how he could've gone harder for the cause and opted not to. Fundamentally, this is just misinformation. Jay Z helped make the designed action happen and successfully highlighted it without making himself the center of attention and ultimately detracting from the players who were making a bold step themselves. While it would've been cool to see Jay Z wear a statement shirt, that's what artists do. The NBA players were violating league rules by doing so and Jay Z, as he does well, knew where and how to stay in his lane on that evening.

Ultimately, the critique of Jay Z in this instance and in most instances where people complain that he doesn't do enough comes down to three main thoughts:

1. How people mistakenly think they'd know how they'd act if they were rich and famous.

2. The incorrect assumption that because you don't see Jay Z parading around giving life-size checks in photo ops that he must not be giving real money that deposits into real accounts.

3. The reality that Jay Z doesn't tweet or live his life on social media, but is a private artist and an even more private citizen who lobbies and gives and connects and networks and influences people and causes completely offline fuels people who think if it ain't on Twitter or Instagram it ain't real.

Ultimately, and this much I know, Jay Z doesn't care that you think he's not this or that. He damn sure doesn't care that you think he's not charitable because he isn't charitable to make you think he is, but because the dude wants to make a difference.

More of us should be this way.

I wish somebody like Pac was still around...

There is someone like Pac, Kendrick Lamar who made a entire album for the youth and was dismissed because it was too "black".

Whenever someone goes ALL the way out to try and unify and protect the black community, they are hung by the justice system.... and in the words of Kendrick, "when **** hit the fan are you still a fan",

I keep hearing all this talk of the youth needs leaders etc etc. but who's crazy enough to become a leader when you know one side wants you completely dead and you've watched all your former "leaders" get beheaded & yet things are still ridiculously unfair in the black community.

Back
Top Bottom