Tim Donaghy is the worst thing to happen to NT NBA basketball discussions

Don't get me wrong the NBA could potentially want certain matchups in the Finals after the Spurs debacles of the early part of the decade, but they damn sure would not risk being exposed again now.
For you guys to be fans of a league that is potentially corrupt to continue to be fans is exactly what the league would want cause guess what they still get paid for your eye balls being glued to the screen. I understand being upset at a call YOU felt should have went your teams way, but the excuse of  "its rigged" is tired. In addition to the excuse being tired its an immature way to discuss basketball, and messes up the fan experience of everyone else. I can go get a blog I can not participate in the discussions sure, but in the end the excuses some teams have for losing a game are ridiculous.
Miami was the only team that got a win today imo they should not have gotten imo, but I might be biased because I hate them.....

In the end I want people to either acknowledge what I have stated is my personal opinion in a positive fashion or a negative fashion, but please state facts, give video demonstration of how your team was "wronged" cause its a tired act that has been all over the basketball discussion world since Tim Donaghy wronged us by betting on games he had direct control over.

Don't get me wrong the NBA could potentially want certain matchups in the Finals after the Spurs debacles of the early part of the decade, but they damn sure would not risk being exposed again now.
For you guys to be fans of a league that is potentially corrupt to continue to be fans is exactly what the league would want cause guess what they still get paid for your eye balls being glued to the screen. I understand being upset at a call YOU felt should have went your teams way, but the excuse of  "its rigged" is tired. In addition to the excuse being tired its an immature way to discuss basketball, and messes up the fan experience of everyone else. I can go get a blog I can not participate in the discussions sure, but in the end the excuses some teams have for losing a game are ridiculous.
Miami was the only team that got a win today imo they should not have gotten imo, but I might be biased because I hate them.....

In the end I want people to either acknowledge what I have stated is my personal opinion in a positive fashion or a negative fashion, but please state facts, give video demonstration of how your team was "wronged" cause its a tired act that has been all over the basketball discussion world since Tim Donaghy wronged us by betting on games he had direct control over.

6341666ba547cda7064f7088d2ff0a240587a2b1_r.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Just search 2006 Finals on youtube and get back to me.
I did do that. Wouldnt it be prudent to admit your a MAVS fan ?
What I found was 2 things. Bad calls and bad positioning to make the calls.
See this vid

from 8 seconds to 11 seconds is a foul that should not have been called in a perfect world.
Now look at the effort Wade made to attempt the shot, and look at the spill he induces upon himself to create the precieved contact.
Look at the ref's position and tell me that you would not make that call live. The only way to eliminate something like that is to put sensors on everyone and evaluate every play something Baseball and Football are really close to.
Does the NBA not have insentive to put certain teams in the finals for ratings?  Prob, but I doubt at this point that they are telling their refs to openly do this. According to the laws of NT and this thread.
The NBA wanted a lesser market to win over the larger market because of the presence of 2 players, the ownership of a team. Your telling me that $tern really hates Mark Cuban for being a fan? Otherwise he would force him out, and or fine him 500k for existing.
Face it there might have been a bias but the Mavs have always been flawed as a team. Human error is a part of the game and your vision being 30ft away on tv and benefit of replay is in some cases (most) a benefit or in some cases a disadvantage .If you feel Vegas runs the league then demonstrate an above average knowledge of how gambling works or at least how much money Vegas made as a direct result of the Lakers winning in 2002 and the Heat winning in 2006. So that I can potientally make an argument as to how much money would have been made from the Kings being in the finals, or the Mavs winning.

See this vid

from 8 seconds to 11 seconds is a foul that should not have been called in a perfect world.
Now look at the effort Wade made to attempt the shot, and look at the spill he induces upon himself to create the precieved contact.
Look at the ref's position and tell me that you would not make that call live. The only way to eliminate something like that is to put sensors on everyone and evaluate every play something Baseball and Football are really close to.
Does the NBA not have insentive to put certain teams in the finals for ratings?  Prob, but I doubt at this point that they are telling their refs to openly do this. According to the laws of NT and this thread.
The NBA wanted a lesser market to win over the larger market because of the presence of 2 players, the ownership of a team. Your telling me that $tern really hates Mark Cuban for being a fan? Otherwise he would force him out, and or fine him 500k for existing.
Face it there might have been a bias but the Mavs have always been flawed as a team. Human error is a part of the game and your vision being 30ft away on tv and benefit of replay is in some cases (most) a benefit or in some cases a disadvantage .If you feel Vegas runs the league then demonstrate an above average knowledge of how gambling works or at least how much money Vegas made as a direct result of the Lakers winning in 2002 and the Heat winning in 2006. So that I can potientally make an argument as to how much money would have been made from the Kings being in the finals, or the Mavs winning.

1993 Western Conference Finals, Game 7. I don't care what Barkley did in that game, you can't beat a team that gets 63 free throw attempts (and makes 57 of them).

1993 Western Conference Finals, Game 7. I don't care what Barkley did in that game, you can't beat a team that gets 63 free throw attempts (and makes 57 of them).

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

See this vid

Yes I am Mavs fan but you act like I'm only person or only Mav fans thought the series was rigged.

Its simple Dwayne is an infinitely more marketable and likable player than Dirk. Miami also had Shaq. It was in the NBA's best business interests to have the Heat win that series.

Now for the record I don't think the Finals was rigged but I do think the NBA "leans" calls toward certain teams. 

Dude Gary Payton literally had a handful of Jason Terry's jersey on the last shot of game six. No call. Come on now.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

See this vid

Yes I am Mavs fan but you act like I'm only person or only Mav fans thought the series was rigged.

Its simple Dwayne is an infinitely more marketable and likable player than Dirk. Miami also had Shaq. It was in the NBA's best business interests to have the Heat win that series.

Now for the record I don't think the Finals was rigged but I do think the NBA "leans" calls toward certain teams. 

Dude Gary Payton literally had a handful of Jason Terry's jersey on the last shot of game six. No call. Come on now.

dmbrhs wrote:

Is that not a result of how basketball works? The best players play, if they commit fouls they generally have to sit, if they don't sit and continue to commit perceived fouls then the backups play and the backups play then the team is at a direct disadvantage. If said perceived fouls are close to a player shooting then the number of FT attempts go up. If NBA teams at worse generally make 70% of their attempts then in essence your +@$!%$. That is without a doubt. But if even 80% of the calls are legitimate then your mention of this game is a direct result of your being an fanatic and your lack of evidence ( no doubt a result of time period so those are points in your favor) makes this argument a tough one to have.
In addition Barkley was a 6foot 5inch Power Forward who played near the rim. Does this not but a 6foot 10 inch man like Shawn Kemp at a disadvantage?
Does the generally agreed upon fact that Kevin Johnson was quicker than all of Seattles guards at the time putting them in more of a position to foul, does that not put the big men whom now have to attempt to prevent a score on Kevin Johnson at a disadvantage because of the difference in length and size, and because of the idea I like to call the Maurice Jones Drew syndrome in that as a ref the guy simply gets lost in some cases and seeing him fall or seeing contact that might affect the shot causes foul calls.

Sneaker Pro
I as a fan of basketball felt the same as you that as a result of the excessive foul calls as a result for one player the Mavs lost the series. Game 3 was a travesty, but Dirk missed a critical ft 

Here is game 5 up until the end of the 4th quarter
Read the comments..... note that is game time and I suggest you watch the entire 4th quarter Unless the pain is too much ( no jokes intended) 
Up until the OT the calls werent terrible and JET was killing GP the whole time.

But with 3:08 left in the game ( watch from I would say 1:45:18 to the foul call) there was no foul to be found in my book....
2:16 Wade is going for a running banker  and he dips his shoulder creating the illusion of contact when there want any there since they were calling everything I dont doubt the refs thought there was a foul

IMO at the end of the day I think the NBA realised they call wayyyy too many fouls. And made adjustments to the enforcement of their rules, At the end of the day to state that flatout the foul calls only cost the Mavs the series is ******ed. The Mavs should have been up 3-0 and Dirk Choked. Josh Howard made a bad decision in game 5 to call that time out regardless of the fact that there was a bad call on the previous play.

dmbrhs wrote:

Is that not a result of how basketball works? The best players play, if they commit fouls they generally have to sit, if they don't sit and continue to commit perceived fouls then the backups play and the backups play then the team is at a direct disadvantage. If said perceived fouls are close to a player shooting then the number of FT attempts go up. If NBA teams at worse generally make 70% of their attempts then in essence your +@$!%$. That is without a doubt. But if even 80% of the calls are legitimate then your mention of this game is a direct result of your being an fanatic and your lack of evidence ( no doubt a result of time period so those are points in your favor) makes this argument a tough one to have.
In addition Barkley was a 6foot 5inch Power Forward who played near the rim. Does this not but a 6foot 10 inch man like Shawn Kemp at a disadvantage?
Does the generally agreed upon fact that Kevin Johnson was quicker than all of Seattles guards at the time putting them in more of a position to foul, does that not put the big men whom now have to attempt to prevent a score on Kevin Johnson at a disadvantage because of the difference in length and size, and because of the idea I like to call the Maurice Jones Drew syndrome in that as a ref the guy simply gets lost in some cases and seeing him fall or seeing contact that might affect the shot causes foul calls.

Sneaker Pro
I as a fan of basketball felt the same as you that as a result of the excessive foul calls as a result for one player the Mavs lost the series. Game 3 was a travesty, but Dirk missed a critical ft 

Here is game 5 up until the end of the 4th quarter
Read the comments..... note that is game time and I suggest you watch the entire 4th quarter Unless the pain is too much ( no jokes intended) 
Up until the OT the calls werent terrible and JET was killing GP the whole time.

But with 3:08 left in the game ( watch from I would say 1:45:18 to the foul call) there was no foul to be found in my book....
2:16 Wade is going for a running banker  and he dips his shoulder creating the illusion of contact when there want any there since they were calling everything I dont doubt the refs thought there was a foul

IMO at the end of the day I think the NBA realised they call wayyyy too many fouls. And made adjustments to the enforcement of their rules, At the end of the day to state that flatout the foul calls only cost the Mavs the series is ******ed. The Mavs should have been up 3-0 and Dirk Choked. Josh Howard made a bad decision in game 5 to call that time out regardless of the fact that there was a bad call on the previous play.

Back
Top Bottom