To my basketball players, have you ever been in the ZONE?

Yes a couple of times. One was back in 8th grade as well. I was on FIRE! I think i was something like 15-17 FG, 6-6 FT's and 4-4 3 pt. I had something like40 points, 6 assist 4 steals and like 3 rebounds. I've been on fire a few times in pick up games up to 21. I would hit like 7,8 shots in a row. But nothinglike in 8th grade.
pimp.gif

Scored 26 in the first half of Schaumburg (NW Chicago burb) Park District Men's A League 2 yrs ago against decent competition (D3 worthy). 6-7 from3pt...didnt miss from 2.

Ah the good old days...

had 28pts...lol..not too WOW...but yeah..its cause i put up these numbers consistantly

I don't know how many points I got, but every time I drove in I felt like I could finish through anyone guarding me, and I did.

December 20, 2007- I had scored 17 pts through 3 quarters. When the 4th came, they gave us a 2-3 zone defense. So assoon as I got the ball on the wing, I was open and I hit 5 threes in the 4th quarter. Players on the other team were calling me Kobe after the game andeverything. On my last three, I did a stepback and must have been 5 feet behind the line. I look at my coach after making it, he just shakes his head,laughing. Ended up with 15 in the final frame and 32 overall.........was awesome.

Closest I've ever been in the zone is playing a 2-3 Zone..

but on the real tip, I remember I hit like 5 straight 3 pointers..but we were down like 30 already..this was when I was like in the 7th grade.

Running street ball I hit 9 two's straight then the next game hit 7 two's straight it's been a couple times when I've been in the zone. Defensewas on point as well.

mine also came during 8th grade. It was in the championship game of a tournament against this school that we beat earlier in the year by 3. Well, we ran ourplays (I was 2nd highest scorer) and whatever and right before halftime we were down by 13. Well with 5 secs left we inbounded the ball and I got behind thedefense and got the ball and launched a three(I don't shoot three's, I'm a PF) and it rattled around and went in. I ended the half with 3 points.

The start of the next half our main scorer was in foul trouble so they ran the ball through me. I didn't miss a single shot the whole game and brought usback from our 10 point deficit. We ended up losing to them in triple OT and I scored 26 points and we lost 49-43.

Funny thing is when i was in 7th grade and warming up for a game, I was feeling it and made all my threes, jumpers, and free throws. But come gametime I wasice cold and didn't hit a shot the whole game
smh.gif

Tonight at my rec team's practice, I scored around 50 or 60 points. I wasn't counting how many, but I made about 15-20 threes in a 30-minute scrimmageand at one point I hit about 10 straight. Pulling from NBA range, shooting with guys right in my face, it was like whatever I threw up was going in.

That's now the most "in the zone" I've been with an actual defense.

Back
Top Bottom