to sell or not to sell..

Originally Posted by TroyD

ive been collecting sneakers since 05. i was 14 back then. im 20 now (turn 21 june 1st) and i havent bought a pair of sneakers since last may. slowly my interest in collecting just faded away. since then ive been buying non jordans/sbs. whenever i wear my sneakers (to college or the mall) i feel weird, idk how to explain it. but when im not wearing jordans or sbs, like some vans for example, i dont feel that way. i realize im getting older and my style of dressing is changing a lot. lately ive been thinking about selling my kicks since i barely wear them anymore and get some clothes and stuff with the money. but i have a feeling that if i do ill regret it later on if i do. NT whats your opinion/take on this?

Might as well be my exact story... I'm also contemplating on selling them.  I just don't feel the same wearing my jordans anymore, I don't know what it is.  (I'll still wear my sb's though, can't go wrong with some janoskis)

Just reading your initial post, sounds like "collecting" was just a fad to you. If you really liked shoes you would have bought what you really liked (as opposed to everything that was "hot"), then I don't think you would be in this situation. There are many people like this nowadays. Just makes it hard for those to buy the kicks they actually want to keep and not sell for future purposes. Smh...

Originally Posted by beh235

Just reading your initial post, sounds like "collecting" was just a fad to you. If you really liked shoes you would have bought what you really liked (as opposed to everything that was "hot"), then I don't think you would be in this situation. There are many people like this nowadays. Just makes it hard for those to buy the kicks they actually want to keep and not sell for future purposes. Smh...

^ not exactly. i love sneakers and always will but i just think that me growing up and having other things to pay for like my phone bill for example is making me lean away from collecting. when i collected i bought sneakers everytime i was able to get money. for the first 5 years i was into kicks i wasnt even working but i still managed to get the money by doing little jobs here and there and selling other kicks. just going through all that hustle to get the sneakers i wanted was a good feeling man. but as of right now its not my priority anymore i mean one day i may come back and start buying some ogs and older retros like i normally do but right now im just not feeling it.

Sell sell sell!! The glue on your soles will eventually brittle and break.. Only way to prevent this is to keep them at a perfect temperature amd wear all your shoes every now and then...

Originally Posted by tecca nena

Sell sell sell!! The glue on your soles will eventually brittle and break.. Only way to prevent this is to keep them at a perfect temperature amd wear all your shoes every now and then...

2 broke on me
frown.gif

^ not exactly. i love sneakers and always will but i just think that me growing up and having other things to pay for like my phone bill for example is making me lean away from collecting. when i collected i bought sneakers everytime i was able to get money. for the first 5 years i was into kicks i wasnt even working but i still managed to get the money by doing little jobs here and there and selling other kicks. just going through all that hustle to get the sneakers i wanted was a good feeling man. but as of right now its not my priority anymore i mean one day i may come back and start buying some ogs and older retros like i normally do but right now im just not feeling it.
Ahh ok, gotcha. Plus prices have gone up. That's making me stop real quick lol

to the people interested in my sneakers check my flickr page. the pics i just put up im selling. pm me if interested

this is me exactly...i'll be a senior in college next year, and i've realized that many of the kicks i bought in high school are just not my style anymore...so i'm selling some and keeping the ones i really still like

Went through this dilemma a year ago. All I have now are shoes I want. I wear all of them every casual fridays at work.

Just sell the stuff you rarely wear and keep the stuff you wear regularly.

I been cleaning my closet out from what I consider pointless purchases, sneakers I bought and hardly ever wore. I was reluctant to do so at first but once those notification of instant payment received emails came from PayPal it was worth it

Cash in now dudes paying to dollar for beaters just to say they og's in collecting sneakers.... Keep the pairs you want.... sell me ds pairs

I sold my collection years back partly cuz I didn't wear me anymore & cheap materials.

I collected for 8years and it wasn't a fad or anything, I still got love for Jordan's, but just didn't wear em.

i'm kinda in the same situation but i am much older. i still love kicks but just not js any more. I had big plans to do a big display of all my kicks in my theater room ,but times and tastes have changed.
all my js , sbs (grey ,pink boxes ) are all 9.5-10. gotta hit 300 posts before i can even start to advertise on here. I will be selling the majority of the 300 shoes i have but will for sure be keeping my favorites to wear here and there at times.
Just make sure you are ready for what you decide so you dont regret it later.

Im moving and the boxing and moving of sneakers was extremely frustrating. I'm thinking of just keeping one colorway from 1-23 and unloading the rest.

Just deciding where to sell, didn't take long for this dude to get low balled. NTers are the worst demo to sell to
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by solarius49

You're only 21, its acceptable to wear sneakers

It's acceptable to wear sneakers at any age. Don't let anyone tell you or make you feel different. OP sell the ones you won't regret letting go, keep the ones you would.

sounds like you hurting for money

get a job, get a steady income coming in, and you wont feel like you need to sell your shoes to pay bills.

if you had love for your shoes you would find other ways to pay bills besides selling off your collect , if you dont then you not a real shoe collector and like 1 other person said you just in it for the fad you might as well sell everything.

jordans aren't even that great anyways, materials are cheap, uncomfortable etc etc.

get some kicks that where made in italy and call it a day... or just pay your phone bill... whatever works for you, at the end of the day no one cares what shoes you got on your feet . idk just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom