Tony Stewart Strikes driver during race after he gets out of car

Ward jumps out onto the race track like an idiot, and it's Tony's fault? Okay....
A number of other drivers avoided Ward, but Tony couldn't?

Not to mention, Tony was crushing that night, meaning he was handling his vehicle exceptionally, but other amateur drivers managed to avoid Ward? Just zoomed on by.

Why was he on the track to begin with? It's easy to make assumptions from the video footage shown.

So if you don't think Stewart should face charges your a close minded conservative? Huh?

I don't think a civil suit will go far but perhaps. Still blown away a dude will race a car while high. Horrible choices

So if you don't think Stewart should face charges your a close minded conservative? Huh?

I don't think a civil suit will go far but perhaps. Still blown away a dude will race a car while high. Horrible choices

Prove that he did indeed try to run him down intentionally. Have you ever driven a sprint car? A big part of the investigation was also proving that he made no effort to try and avoid hitting him. It's easy sitting in the stands or watching the video footage that was captured and automatically assume that he ran him down. You're avoiding the big picture, and that is he should have not been on the track, period! He stays in his car and this whole situation would have been averted.

^Pretty much

Not to mention the fact that the only video the general public has seen only shows Tony Stewarts car like a split second before it hits Ward. So it's kind of hard to conclude he did or did not try to avoid him.....

there was more video footage that they were able to look at in the investigation

Last edited:
Wait, people are asking why Ward was on the track? Because he was pissed at Tony for something from earlier in the race.

Why was he pissed at Tony? Because Tony is a jerk. I'm not even into NASCAR like that, but I've got friends who are, and who have said for years that Tony's gonna get someone killed.

And pointing out that other drivers ALMOST hit him doesn't refute the fact that other drivers avoided him.

A lot of drivers are considered "jerks" ...it's apart of racing

Some of the best ones are ********

Wait, people are asking why Ward was on the track? Because he was pissed at Tony for something from earlier in the race.

Why was he pissed at Tony? Because Tony is a jerk. I'm not even into NASCAR like that, but I've got friends who are, and who have said for years that Tony's gonna get someone killed.

And pointing out that other drivers ALMOST hit him doesn't refute the fact that other drivers avoided him.

So if you're driving and someone cuts you off, would it be a wise decision to get out of your car and go after the person? You get hit by oncoming traffic and all of a sudden that person is responsible for your death? I feel for Wards family, I really do, but they need to accept that his actions alone got himself killed. Regardless of what Stewart's character is, are you justifying someone be stupid enough to jump out onto a live race track to prove what? Well your friends have a personal hate for the guy, so I guess that must mean something to everyone else. It's an unfortunate outcome, but one must take responsibility for their own actions.

He's an idiot for getting out of the car.

So that means it's impossible for Tony to have done anything wrong?

That's the thing about Tony's bad temperament. He literally had NO reason to be mad at Ward in this instance. Which makes it hard for me to see how people can say "Oh he's a hot head so he clearly did this on purpose"

Just saw the parents statement on espn...basically their theory is the same as mines

Difference is theyre not accepting that their son was still an idiot to come down on the outside of a sprint car like that

Tony was negligent but it's gonna be impossible for them to prove that. Doesn't help the pot issue is being hammered

Kinda hate marijuana is getting a bad rap in this cause drivers have a history of jumping out of their cars in anger. Most are smart enough to walk up from the inside and not the out when they confront

Ward jumped on the track and was under the influence

His parent's are wasting their time if they sue

I wouldn't be surprised if Tony settled just to completely end it but it will be a far cry from what the Ward family will want.

I don't think the marijuana was the cause of his actions but certainly a 'bad look' that did nothing but hurt their case. Almost a final nail really

If the dude was found to have enough weed in his system to impair his judgment, how will a civil case gain any traction?

To me, I think Tony is getting off scott-free.
All you have to show was Tony was liable of this death, which is much easier to show in civil court.

If the dude was found to have enough weed in his system to impair his judgment, how will a civil case gain any traction?

To me, I think Tony is getting off scott-free.
All you have to show was Tony was liable of this death, which is much easier to show in civil court.

I hear what you're saying, but I think the fact that Ward had enough weed in his system to impair his judgement could throw a wrench in those plans to show Stewart was liable of his death. It's going to be interesting to see what happens from here on out.

And it doesn't have to be fully liable or even more than half. Depending on the state damages can be awarded with a lesser amount of negligence (e.g. 20%)

He's an idiot for getting out of the car.

So that means it's impossible for Tony to have done anything wrong?
Like I said in a previous post above, prove that he intentionally ran him down.
Not my intent. I can't prove it, and I don't think it's DEFINITELY true that he intended to swipe/bump/scare Ward.

I'm not saying "He did it on purpose. You're all idiots if you think otherwise. It's OBVIOUS."

But to the people saying "No way. Impossible. The chances he intended to bump/scare/swipe Ward are less than 0%," I'm definitely contesting that notion.

It's possible; in my opinion, it's even likely. But at the very least: 'possible'.

Anybody watching the press conference on espn? He said he doesnt know when he will get in a car again, bull you were gonna race the next day smh.

Anybody watching the press conference on espn? He said he doesnt know when he will get in a car again, bull you were gonna race the next day smh.

I didn't see the press conference, but I assume he's talking sprint car. He has raced Nascar.

Back
Top Bottom