Top 10 best diss tracks of all time

Oh? So I guess We Fly High is a classic record because everyone started screaming ballin everywhere. Cultural impact does not denote quality of the song. I use the term ethered and I know that song was extremely wack, the word has just taken on a life of its own outside of that painfully bad song.

Your obsession with Jay Z and all things associated is straight up disturbing.

This is another example of how horrible "lists" are.

Last edited:
Ether sucked. Corny and wildly over rated. LOL @ no Takeover/Super Ugly/BP2 mention

300 Bars and Running is the greatest diss song of all time though

Fact.

"Buck, buck, buck, from my AK-47 this ***** play with his life imma have to put him in heaven. Trynna play The Game, talkin **** up on the stereo, prepare for burial when I'm re-incarnating Harry-O/ And you don't want that David cus you love ya life, feel my Vibe, when it's war, he pull out butter knifes. Mother ****** imma show you who the gangsta, all you do is Murda Inc, now who the Wanksta? When Shug had you, you was stranded on the Row, then Juve left you for dead and went back to the N.O."

:smokin

Fact.
"Buck, buck, buck, from my AK-47 this ***** play with his life imma have to put him in heaven. Trynna play The Game, talkin **** up on the stereo, prepare for burial when I'm re-incarnating Harry-O/ And you don't want that David cus you love ya life, feel my Vibe, when it's war, he pull out butter knifes. Mother ****** imma show you who the gangsta, all you do is Murda Inc, now who the Wanksta? When Shug had you, you was stranded on the Row, then Juve left you for dead and went back to the N.O."

:smokin

how you from cashville and you aint got no caaaaasssssshhhh _, said my name now thats yo ******g *** _, kept your mouth shut and i gave you a paaaaaassss _, now I gotta lay you down like the last _

:x:x Buck got it the absolute worst

OP did you really sit up here and type all that ********? :smh: go outside fam

Ether is what Pac wanted Hit Em Up to be?
Pac just threw a temper tantrum?
man shut up.

BTW: Against All Odds is better than a lot of songs on this list and he straight up came at Hatian Jack, Bad Boy, Nas, and Jimmy Henchman

"this be the realest **** i ever wrote" :pimp:

Edit: also...what about all the NYers who say the East was just silent and in shock after hit em up? B.I.G. included. It didn't do anything to his career...but look what it did to HIM

Last edited:
Didn't Drop a Gem on 'Em come out after Hit'em Up? BTW, I'm surprised Long Kiss Goodnight is never mentioned amongst diss records...

Last edited:
I think Kendrick Lamar - Rigamortus is a diss on Lil Wayne lowkey.. If so I'd give the best to Lamar.

Edit: also...what about all the NYers who say the East was just silent and in shock after hit em up? B.I.G. included. It didn't do anything to his career...but look what it did to HIM

The East was silent and in shock after Hit Em Up? First time hearing this.

Outside of Pac claiming to have ****** Faith, what did he really say? The beat jack and the look a like in the vid > the actual song.

He really should've left those other bum *** dudes off and went in on his own.

Oh? So I guess We Fly High is a classic record because everyone started screaming ballin everywhere. Cultural impact does not denote quality of the song. I use the term ethered and I know that song was extremely wack, the word has just taken on a life of its own outside of that painfully bad song.
You can do better. Where you get classic = impact in that post you quoted?
yo if you actually read Ether's lyrics **** is just soulja boyish dawg.
*in b4 Master Zik says Ether is a lyrical masterpiece*
:lol: All I can see here is you're a master at hyperbole and an outright liar, which is evidenced in both statements.

That Gucci Mane diss was cold as hell :wow:

lyrically mediocre, but NOTHING that Jeezy can say can take away from the ether of that "Go dig your partner up *****, bet he can't say #$%
And if you looking for the kid I'll be in Zone 6"

and

"I know it's hard for you to sleep knowing you killed your homeboy,
You left his son to be a &*#@$#, won't even raise ya own boy"

In no order.

Kurupt- Calling Out Names

Ice Cube- No Vaseline

Dj Quik- Dollaz + Sense

Dre and Snoop- Dre Day

BDP- The Bridge Is Over

Canibus- 2nd Round Knock Out

2pac- Against All Odds

T.I.- Tha King

Dogg Pound- What Would You Do

Nas- Ether

Dollarz + Sense was lyrical murder...best diss track in my opinion.  A lot of people sleep on Quik, but they shouldn't.  

Also, no one has referenced "New York, New York" by the Dogg Pound. It didn't pick out one person but I think it most people got the gist..even Jay said it "Its like New York been soft since Snoop came through and crushed the buildings".  

BTW, this list definitely has a coastal preference so i'm taking it with a grain of salt. 

You can do better. Did you really single out one line of my post and then ignore the rest. Now unless my reading comprehension is at an all time low, he implied that a reason that Ether was a great dissed was because of the cultural impact it had and the fact that the word Ethered transcended past just being a song title.
laugh.gif
at people who still try to say that Ether was whack. I'm not even a big Nas fan and even I could see that the song had so much impact that the word "ethered" became part of the urban vocabulary.
Yeah I dont think I was off base with that at all. So I brought up a song that had cultural impact and a word that transcended the song and used it as a base for a comparison. If thats somehow a reach then fine. I could easily swap out classic for "not wack" like he used, classic was just the word I used, my point would still remain.

You can do better. Did you really single out one line of my post and then ignore the rest. Now unless my reading comprehension is at an all time low, he implied that a reason that Ether was a great dissed was because of the cultural impact it had and the fact that the word Ethered transcended past just being a song title.
He didn't simply imply Ether was a great song because of it's impact. He talked about the undeniable fact that the song had a huge cultural impact so no it can't be whack. One of the reasons Ether is a top 10 diss track of all time is because of it's impact. Your whole lead off example was ridiculously irrelevant to the post you're replying to. Especially since you're trying to compare "Ballin" to "Ether" We Fly High was a hot song and the lil slogan word was something trendy to say at the time which aint even still used where as Ether is a word now engrained in to the hip hop vocabulary.

He didn't simply imply Ether was a great song because of it's impact. He talked about the undeniable fact that the song had a huge cultural impact so no it can't be whack. One of the reasons Ether is a top 10 diss track of all time is because of it's impact. Your whole lead off example was ridiculously irrelevant to the post you're replying to. Especially since you're trying to compare "Ballin" to "Ether" We Fly High was a hot song and the lil slogan word was something trendy to say at the time which aint even still used where as Ether is a word now engrained in to the hip hop vocabulary.
That second sentence is saying the same thing I said instead you swapped out imply for words that make it seem factual. I took his post at face value thats all there was to it, he could have easily listed other reasons which I would have debated, but he listed ONE. I'm not about to go put words in the guys mouth, I addressed what was posted.

That example was not irrelevant by any means, I could have found a better example maybe, but that was the first song that came to mind. How is me picking a song that had a slogan that had cultural impact and using it as a comparison to another song that had a slogan that had cultural impact ridiculously irrelevant? That is straight line logic. Song A has X so you can compare it to song B which also has X.

Back
Top Bottom