Top 10 guards in the NBA: Hoopsworld.com

This thread has led me to believe Arenas is overrated. I don't see how he is any different from a Michael Redd.

And btw, I'd love to have Butler, Haywood, and Jamison on my team.

He does the same season every year and it gets him and his team no where. While tony parker is winning titles and MVPs. Yall keep coming with that BS.

WOOOOOOOOOOW! And weren't you the same person saying that D-Wade only did good because of Shaq? I'm curious to see what Tony Parker would be withoutarguably the best player in the game (Duncan), one of the best 6th men in the league (Ginobili), and one of the best/dirtiest defenders in the league(Bowen)...talk about a freaking supporting cast...and I actually like the guy too, but no way in hell can you talk about D-Wade only winning because of asupporting cast, then not even mention TP's supporting cast.

Im talking about head to head, who is the better Point Guard? You said it was Parker, your reason...winning titles? Does that mean Jacque Vaughn is a better PG than Jason Kidd? Because he has a title?

Didn't you know Robert Horry was the greatest player to ever play the game because he has all of those rings?

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

This thread has led me to believe Arenas is overrated. I don't see how he is any different from a Michael Redd.

Arenas's career APG is twice Redds, that's the difference

Minor fact, which doesn't really mean anything at all...Arenas is a PG, plus he dominates the ball way more than red.

Originally Posted by MBen32

All of Kidds stats are irrelevant with out a ring.
indifferent.gif
yea i guess all these HOF'ers stats are irrelevant too since they don't have a ring:
Charles Barkley
Pat Ewing
Reggie Miller
Karl Malone
John Stockton
Dominique Wilkins
Clyde Drexler
Alex English

Just a correction: Clyde the Glide did get a ring w/ the rockets - gotta give the man his due!

And yeh, to compare tony parker to Kidd is just ridonkculous - TP (like Tom Brady) is 1 of the luckiest pple in sports to be in the squad they're in. Every player whos ever played w/ Kidd has talked about wanting him on their teams. The only thing other players want from parker is his hotty McHotty wife. Did any1 else hear the story of Eva getting a spur's cheerleader outfit and waiting for Tony to come home w/ it on? Good +$!% Tony parker!

But back to the topic, I3 is right, a more legitimate comparison would be nash and kidd - but im sure theres a thread on that somewhere...

MarsIV wrote:
Kidd.... Maybe 4 years ago. Kidd is only good for a triple double these days. thats it.

indifferent.gif
wow...this might be one of the most unintelligent things ihave ever heard....

but i was
roll.gif
when i first read it

In no order; Baron, Chris Paul, Jason Kidd, Deron Williams, Steve Nash, Gilbert, Kobe, AI, Roy, last spot is close between T-Mac, Wade, Tony Parker, and Manu.

that list is alright...but what about Tony Parker????

The league is full of great Guards. Its too tough to make a great list.

indifferent.gif
yea i guess all these HOF'ers stats are irrelevant too since they don't have a ring:
Charles Barkley
Pat Ewing
Reggie Miller
Karl Malone
John Stockton
Dominique Wilkins
Clyde Drexler
Alex English
Drexler has a ring.

Mars I was with you in the Arenas debate, he is a better player than Wade...

Neither should be on the list if it's about this season though.

However making the argument that Tony Parker is a better player than Jason Kidd right now, or ever is ridiculous. Not saying TP isn't an outstandingplayer because he is, and I think he doesn't get enough credit. But he's not better than JKidd and I'm a Knicks fan so it hurts to admit that...

Back
Top Bottom