Top Gear USA -vs- Top Gear BBC (original)

Unlike The Office, this isn't even a debate. Still British The Office > American though.

If you want to discuss something, discuss Top Gear USA vs Fifth Gear..... vs Top Gear Australia.

O.G. Top Gear might be the best TV show ever for me. It managed to do only something that classic movies like Goodfellas did to me: When I'm flipping through the channels and I see it's on, I stop whatever I'm doing to finish watching it.

Ill watch any show where they do reviews of cars. TGUK, TGUS, TGAU, FG doesnt matter...im a fan of cars.

Ill watch any show where they do reviews of cars. TGUK, TGUS, TGAU, FG doesnt matter...im a fan of cars.

I saw countless commercials during Pawn Stars yesterday. Wasn't impressed, if anything I was insanely turned off by how obnoxious they were, too over the top in their reactions trying to replicate their UK counterparts personas.

Will not be watching that #!+$, just as I won't be watching the MTV version of Skins
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I saw countless commercials during Pawn Stars yesterday. Wasn't impressed, if anything I was insanely turned off by how obnoxious they were, too over the top in their reactions trying to replicate their UK counterparts personas.

Will not be watching that #!+$, just as I won't be watching the MTV version of Skins
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

People need to give the US version a little more time before they say its terrible. Have you ever watched the first season of the UK version? It was absolutely terrible back then, and it took them a few years to be entertaining. US Se01 Ep01 was a hundred times better than UK Se01 Ep01. You cant compare US Season 1 to UK Season 15. Those three have been together since 2003, of course they're going to be better together than the American three who just met this year.

People need to give the US version a little more time before they say its terrible. Have you ever watched the first season of the UK version? It was absolutely terrible back then, and it took them a few years to be entertaining. US Se01 Ep01 was a hundred times better than UK Se01 Ep01. You cant compare US Season 1 to UK Season 15. Those three have been together since 2003, of course they're going to be better together than the American three who just met this year.

UK show > USA show

The jokes sucked on the USA show and the hosts are just not funny.

UK show > USA show

The jokes sucked on the USA show and the hosts are just not funny.

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

usa version looks terrible.

it wasn't awful
grin.gif

i can see where they were lackin....da stig segment wasn't funny because of no radio....

some of da jokes were dryyyyyy........and some of da camera work was on a lil cheap (they use film extensively in da UK)

but imma give this show a chance....hell i like watchin fast cars.

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

usa version looks terrible.

it wasn't awful
grin.gif

i can see where they were lackin....da stig segment wasn't funny because of no radio....

some of da jokes were dryyyyyy........and some of da camera work was on a lil cheap (they use film extensively in da UK)

but imma give this show a chance....hell i like watchin fast cars.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

oh... please tell me i aint the only one who imitates the english accent after them.... "thats absolutely rubbish" "nowt to 60 in just 4.5 seconds"
I do that too....  "Nissin 350zed "   "BMW M coopay" 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

oh... please tell me i aint the only one who imitates the english accent after them.... "thats absolutely rubbish" "nowt to 60 in just 4.5 seconds"
I do that too....  "Nissin 350zed "   "BMW M coopay" 
laugh.gif

I enjoyed the UK version and I'm looking forward to the US version. The show isn't supposed to duplicate the BBC version.

I enjoyed the UK version and I'm looking forward to the US version. The show isn't supposed to duplicate the BBC version.

The commercials for it didn't even look good to me. The original is probably better, but I don't intend to watch the new one to compare it with.

The commercials for it didn't even look good to me. The original is probably better, but I don't intend to watch the new one to compare it with.

The Original show is way better. You can't dupilcate that chemistry and humor.
These dudes on the American show are corny.

The Original show is way better. You can't dupilcate that chemistry and humor.
These dudes on the American show are corny.

Back
Top Bottom