Toronto Raptors 2010-2011 season thread...

1st L of the season. Good to get it out of the way
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

So there's a rumor out there that Jack might be heading to Miami in exchange for Chalmers.

I would love this.

Not that I dont like Jack. Its just that Chalmers has so much potential!

So there's a rumor out there that Jack might be heading to Miami in exchange for Chalmers.

I would love this.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

I would love this.

Wut?

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

I would love this.

Wut?

Bosh must feel left out already down there.

Bosh must feel left out already down there.

Jack is better than Chalmers and Jack is arguably the 2nd best player on our team right now. Not to mention that Jack has a modest salary that pays him like $4-5m per over 3 more seasons (including this one) while that bum Calderon is making $9-10m+. I know that BC probably wants to trade Calderon but the guy has almost no trade value at the moment.

Chalmers aint that good and would not provide anything more than additional cap room to a Raptors team that already has cap room and a Raptors team that no significant free agent would want to sign with anyways.

Jack is better than Chalmers and Jack is arguably the 2nd best player on our team right now. Not to mention that Jack has a modest salary that pays him like $4-5m per over 3 more seasons (including this one) while that bum Calderon is making $9-10m+. I know that BC probably wants to trade Calderon but the guy has almost no trade value at the moment.

Chalmers aint that good and would not provide anything more than additional cap room to a Raptors team that already has cap room and a Raptors team that no significant free agent would want to sign with anyways.

^ he pretty much said it all

jack binds this team together. he brings a veteran presence, leadership and personality to a team thats barely got much going for it. combined with the salary hes getting paid id rather keep jack than bring in chalmers. mario is still in his learning curve he needs to mature with time and develop a more all around game to be worth trading jack for. we all wish colangelo would pull that deal off with calderon instead but we all know that aint happenin. i kinda wish theyd give jose more burn time to pump up his stats and see if anyone will take the bait before the deadline. i want him gone SO bad.

^ he pretty much said it all

jack binds this team together. he brings a veteran presence, leadership and personality to a team thats barely got much going for it. combined with the salary hes getting paid id rather keep jack than bring in chalmers. mario is still in his learning curve he needs to mature with time and develop a more all around game to be worth trading jack for. we all wish colangelo would pull that deal off with calderon instead but we all know that aint happenin. i kinda wish theyd give jose more burn time to pump up his stats and see if anyone will take the bait before the deadline. i want him gone SO bad.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Exactly, couldn't believe Ballin saying what he did earlier.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Exactly, couldn't believe Ballin saying what he did earlier.

Jarrett Jack has to be the most overrated Raptor ever, I swear some people think his defense is good merely because he's black,  good cause not only is it not that good, it's not much better than Calderon. I'd much rather have Jose starting or playing the majority of the minutes.

Jarrett Jack has to be the most overrated Raptor ever, I swear some people think his defense is good merely because he's black,  good cause not only is it not that good, it's not much better than Calderon. I'd much rather have Jose starting or playing the majority of the minutes.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

They're both average PGs with different qualities. At this point I'd rather have Jack than Calderon because he's outplayed Calderon, Calderon has been poor for the past year and Calderon earns double what Jack makes. Keep in mind that Colangelo worked out a deal to trade Calderon to Charlotte back in the summer which kind of tells you that BC does not think too highly of Calderon as a player right now.

Whats up with your boy Bargnani? Good to see he's becoming a better all-around player
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

They're both average PGs with different qualities. At this point I'd rather have Jack than Calderon because he's outplayed Calderon, Calderon has been poor for the past year and Calderon earns double what Jack makes. Keep in mind that Colangelo worked out a deal to trade Calderon to Charlotte back in the summer which kind of tells you that BC does not think too highly of Calderon as a player right now.

Whats up with your boy Bargnani? Good to see he's becoming a better all-around player
nerd.gif

He is what he is, he's improved his help defense a bit, but is still a terrible rebounder. Son can fill it up though in like five different ways. Still better than LaMarcus Aldridge and cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom