Toys R US Buy 2 get 1 Free Video Games...10/11-10/17

a how can i get my cash back when im done
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by needsomejays

question, the lady at the register gave me a separate gift receipt for each game, but i looked at my original receipt and she made the wrong game the free one, what would happen if i try to return the game that the receipt says is free
Return the game that rang up wrong and get your money back.

Then take the game that rang up free (the game you don't want) and exchange it at Best Buy for the game that you DID want.

Easy.

I went to BB's site and didn't see anything about them accepting returns/exchanges from other stores. Because I've got Marvel UA2 that rang up freeby mistake, that I don't want.

They will issue store credit for unopened merchandise without a receipt. You can't get MONEY but you can exchange it for store credit and get the game youwanted. Simple.

^ When you done with the scheme you can sell the games you don't want to your friends or trade in the games to gamestop for cash.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

smh.gif
game stop be robin people ill keep it beofre i sell a brand new game for 15 bucks
laugh.gif

is that really all they give you for a brand new unopened game?

It's usually about 1/3 of the price. Jst exchange it at another store for credit and get what you want. Its not hard...

eek.gif
3 Returns without a receipt to Wal Mart within 45 days!!

NT=Hustlaz, Good looking out, instead of selling the games on ebay I will just have to hit up some of the homies and have them return 3 at a time for giftcards.

Truth be told the only reason I went in so hard on this TRU swindle is because I was trying to cop a new TV, that 32in ain't cutting it no more, need a bigboy 40" or up

Seriously though I know I said I would stop, but I'm addicted, went to Arden and Greenback today to get a 1 more copy of live and brutal legend for free

For reals though, I'm stopping today
eyes.gif

Do your thing NT, stay on the come up!! Don't let them TRU jives hold you down!!

No. Only store credits. Once you get the receipt it will show up as a gift card purchase and block you in the system from getting cash back.

No. Only store credits. Once you get the receipt it will show up as a gift card purchase and block you in the system from getting cash back.
sick.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif

%$$# it im about to go in then i only got live but now that i know i can go to best buy for the game i want ill just pick up anything and just make a 3rd stop

TRU then to the other one then to best buy
pimp.gif

the scheming is exactly why more and more companies just say frig it, and dont give us any sort of deals lol

They will issue store credit for unopened merchandise without a receipt. You can't get MONEY but you can exchange it for store credit and get the game you wanted. Simple.
Word?
pimp.gif

GeNeRaTiOnZ wrote:

Seriously though I know I said I would stop, but I'm addicted, for reals though, I'm stopping today
eyes.gif

At least you admit you have a problem, that's the first step.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by manamazing55

the scheming is exactly why more and more companies just say frig it, and dont give us any sort of deals lol
FRIG THE COMPANIES. Greedy bastards.
laugh.gif

TRU always prices DVDS and stuff like FYE or something.
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

They will issue store credit for unopened merchandise without a receipt. You can't get MONEY but you can exchange it for store credit and get the game you wanted. Simple.

What are store are you referring to? I got 2k10 and need to get rid of for Uncharted 2 somehow. Can't believe the TRU sold out in the store I went to.

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

What are store are you referring to? I got 2k10 and need to get rid of for Uncharted 2 somehow. Can't believe the TRU sold out in the store I went to.
Best Buy. Pretty much any store will do an exchange for you though.

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Best Buy. Pretty much any store will do an exchange for you though.
Thanks. Congrats on the 27000th post
eek.gif

In a TRU in Queens this morning the most shameful thing happened

a girl who looked pretty damn good began to do my exchange at

customer service and I was flirting and making conversation with her

then some dude in a purple shirt comes over to the area with a walkie

and is like "be careful with video game returns there is a scam going on...

don't do any returns without all three games" so I try to talk over dude

so she completes the return, but she finally heard him and was like
indifferent.gif

was so wack, but its getting slow now i doubt tomorrow it works

Got four games free so far. Hopefully I end up with atleast four more and a controller or two. Gonna try again three more times tomorrow, than friday, andi'll probably stop after that.

If you get shut down, just move on to the next Toys R Us, I try and play dumb and it works, worst scenario you go to another TRU.

Wait, Best Buy does returns without a receipt?

mad.gif

They actually had NBA 2k10, could've just pulled the switcheroo there.

Can any Best Buy employee chime in, don't want to look like a fool at Best Buy's customer service desk with no receipt.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Wait, Best Buy does returns without a receipt?

mad.gif

They actually had NBA 2k10, could've just pulled the switcheroo there.

Can any Best Buy employee chime in, don't want to look like a fool at Best Buy's customer service desk with no receipt.
Eff looking like a fool. Just go there and see what happens.

Im lost guys. whats the strategy you guys are using? you can just tell me the page to go to or briefly describe what you guys are doing.

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom