Troy Ave tweets about Hip Hop sales battle between Kanye West & 50 Cent, stating fans hurt "Real Rap

I personally love gangsta rap. It's my favorite kind of rap. I hope pendulum swings back and that raw shoot em up bang bang gets poppin again.

I personally love gangsta rap. It's my favorite kind of rap. I hope pendulum swings back and that raw shoot em up bang bang gets poppin again.

yes indeed, we all love that raw aggressive hip hop it's been gone for a while and it needs to make a comeback. but they need to switch it up and make it more relevant

this thread is useless when you still have artist like jcole kendrick jayz fabolous out here.. Wale is not considered a "safe negro".. 

"hoodies for cardigans 
tired.gif
 & jerseys for shawl sweaters....
mean.gif
"  whats wrong with this? trends come and go BUT i am with you on the skinny jeans

I'm totally aganist skinny jeans, and anything ASAP Rocky or Yung Thug wears. I think it's ridiculous and feminine looking.

But I'm not gonna sit here and support tired *** gangster music either. All that violence and **** is wack forreal, especially considering 99% of ppl spittin ain't eem bout that life.

Like I said, there's a happy medium and I think dudes like KL, Cole, KRIT have found that medium and we need more of that.

There's more than 2 extremes ya know.

i'm with ya'll with the style of dressing but I just want SOULFUL hiphop to comeback...I love gangsta rap too but it really ain't do ishhh for us black folks but make us emulate nig*az in the rap that wasn't doing none of that ishhh they was rapping bout..I just want all this sophisticated,rich *****, trap beats to just die & never comeback...Everything sounds like one long ***** song...If you ain't T.I., GUCCI or JEEZY you shouldn't be rapping on no trap beat..If you ain't SHAWTY REDD,ZAYTOVEN, or TOOMP you shouldn't be making trap beats period....It's just ****** copying off each other no originality in the game right now..."THE HOPE" on the SOUL TAPE 3 is what new age NYC rap music should sound like...I'm with TROY AVE on what he has to said about the new rappers are weirdos because they are a bunch of softies going through their emotions..They ain't speaking on NO social issues thats going on in the BLACK COMMUNITY they just talking relationship isshh "GIVE ME MY BABY BACK" "MY EX SCARRED ME" type I'd rather listen to the SWEAT HOTEL...

i'm with ya'll with the style of dressing but I just want SOULFUL hiphop to comeback...I love gangsta rap too but it really ain't do ishhh for us black folks but make us emulate nig*az in the rap that wasn't doing none of that ishhh they was rapping bout..I just want all this sophisticated,rich *****, trap beats to just die & never comeback...Everything sounds like one long ***** song...If you ain't T.I., GUCCI or JEEZY you shouldn't be rapping on no trap beat..If you ain't SHAWTY REDD,ZAYTOVEN, or TOOMP you shouldn't be making trap beats

I would put Yo Gotti in there too. But yeah the biting is the thing that kills me. 10 years ago dudes would get called out for the slightest hint of biting, now it's the thing to do. Rappers using the same flows, producers using the same beats. It's like _'s are not even trying. :lol: :smh:

its true....had dudes trading in their hoodies for cardigans
tired.gif

jerseys for shawl sweaters....
mean.gif

I can't respect a black man in skinny jeans....ever....like not ever...hit them with this face
indifferent.gif
....when i see em

Hip Hop or rap as we know it died way before that..

when Jay had dudes burning their throwbacks and using their double xl jerseys as mops and floor mats....is when it went deceased...

Hip Hop Rap has never been about conformity...

its the voice of the oppressed....the impoverished.....the under dog.....the under privileged....the people who actually know struggle....who have been marginalized all their life and never had oppurtunity..

and then kanye wanna come thru in 03 04....with his pink polos with the popped collar....and blazers with the hoodies....and his colorful button downs...

like why are rappers dressing like they going to church, corporate interview or easter.....

I hate that

you guys chose Kanye over 50....

you choose being effeminate over masculinity...

The Black Male in america is being emasculated

from kanye derived all the drakes, kendricks, cudi's, wale's....and all those other metrosexual weirdos
 ​
How many colors of Timbs do you have Timothy?​
 ​
*Don't include the Blacks or Butters.​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom