Twitter fingers Vol shaq vs mcgee

You're misremembering and exaggerating like ****.

Basketball reference is a click away.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats.html

Not even exaggerating. The game was all about having 1 star wing or post player...maybe a borderline star and a host of bad players in the lineups. Majority of the teams were built like this.

This era is WIDELY known as the "ISO ball" era.

Teams were playing load up, basic defense. With simple schemes. There was virtually no ball movement or cutting. Zone defense just got added....and some teams didn't know how to beat it :lol:.

Y'all remember everything from back then with rose colored lenses.

Basketball is in another golden era right now. Peaks and valleys.

70s was terrible
80s & 90s were good
Late 90's & early 00's were terrible
10's are good.

This is the most SKILLED era in basketball. You got 7 footers able to hit 3's and defend the rim. Elite point guards all over the league. Versatile swingmen that can play multiple positions. GREAT ball movement. Great defensive schemes (icing P&R FTW :pimp:).

My gripe with the league is that some teams do get too 3 happy sometimes....and the foul/tech calls are softer

Last edited:
"iso" ball era yet the efficient, cohesive passing teams with solid defense like the Spurs, Lakers, Kings, Rockets, Nets etc dominated?

Bad HS players in the era of Kobe, KG, Amare, Lebron, Dwight. TMac?

The era when Steve Nash won two MVPs? iso?

:smh: The lesser defining the greater, smh Trump.

Last edited:
Shaq petty as hell for this. Don't blame Javale one bit. And let's not pretend like he doesn't have something against other 5's in the league....he got a reputation for going at guys like Howard, Embiid, etc. FOR NO REASON.

Calling him an "old bastard" >>> any other insult tossed around.

:lol:

Javele deserves it

Howard too, twice as much

Shaq shoulda just bet dude he could bust his *** in a 2 on 2 live on FB, Snap, or Instagram, and made money off that ****.

Javele lame, that Shaqtinafool stuff was no where near as bad as the E.T. -- Sam Cassell jabs

and Cassell was nice enough to demand better respect but laughed with it

different breed

Post Jordan(I know mike was on the wizards) and before Bron/melo/wade. That NBA was raw and dope as hell to me. I get what homeboy is saying though. But that short time was gold.

Post Jordan(I know mike was on the wizards) and before Bron/melo/wade. That NBA was raw and dope as hell to me. I get what homeboy is saying though. But that short time was gold.

I used to be like 12/13.......watching a 40 year old MJ play on CSN locally, with the likes of:

-Courtney Alexander
-Jahadi White
-Popeye jones
-Chris Whitney
-Ty Lue
-Juan Dixon
-Steve Blake
-Etan Thomas
-RIP Hamilton
-Christian Laetner
-Cherokee Parks
-Kwame Brown
-Tyrone Nesby
-Jarvis Hayes

This is all off the top of my head. What a time man....what a time :lol:.

This was the rotation. But **** was terrible and FUN as hell to watch :lol:.

Last edited:
This is the most SKILLED era in basketball. You got 7 footers able to hit 3's and defend the rim. Elite point guards all over the league. Versatile swingmen that can play multiple positions. GREAT ball movement. Great defensive schemes (icing P&R FTW :pimp:).

My gripe with the league is that some teams do get too 3 happy sometimes....and the foul/tech calls are softer

ofy3k0.png

ofy3k0.png

And KG and CWebb could dribble and pass like PG's.

Clearly.

KG/Cwebb/7'3 tmac/Dirk etc....set the precedent for KD/AD etc.

But if you can't acknowledge that the late 90s & early 00's had some bad basketball....idk what to tell you.

I thought it was widely known by now :lol:. ISO ball is still my FAVORITE era....but the quality overall in the league was sub par.

I used to be like 12/13.......watching a 40 year old MJ play on CSN locally, with the likes of:

-Courtney Alexander
-Jahadi White
-Popeye jones
-Chris Whitney
-Ty Lue
-Juan Dixon
-Steve Blake
-Etan Thomas
-RIP Hamilton
-Christian Laetner
-Cherokee Parks
-Kwame Brown
-Tyrone Nesby
-Jarvis Hayes

blame GM MJ

That does have me wondering how cheap Nets tickets are especially when last year there were rumors Prohky would sell the team

$10 a great deal.

Even when the Knicks sucked and had no stars in the team, tickets weren't that cheap.

Nets tix gotta be cheap , no way to justify high prices for them right now ...the team is AWFUL and it's not the only one in town

Clearly.

KG/Cwebb/7'3 tmac/Dirk etc....set the precedent for KD/AD etc.

But if you can't acknowledge that the late 90s & early 00's had some bad basketball....idk what to tell you.

I thought it was widely known by now :lol:. ISO ball is still my FAVORITE era....but the quality overall in the league was sub par.

I mean it's bad basketball now. Defense throughout the league is bad. The players that do wanna play defense can't be physical at all now. The officiating is beyond soft now. Dudes can barely trash talk now. The flopping.

Late 90's - mid 2000's NBA was great to me, I ain't have no complaints. It's still great except a few things.

Last edited:
I mean it's bad basketball now. Defense throughout the league is bad. The players that do wanna play defense can't be physical at all now. The officiating is beyond soft now. Dudes can barely trash talk now. The flopping.

Late 90's - mid 2000's NBA was great to me, I ain't have no complaints. It's still great except a few things.

Defensive schemes are the best they've ever been. The good teams defend the pick and roll amazingly. Ice, lock and trail, switching, different hedging, bigs that can defend the perimter, forwards that can protect the rim etc. Yes, you can't be more physical on the perimter.....however....good defense and rotations are still being played.

Basketball reference is a click away.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats.html

Not even exaggerating. The game was all about having 1 star wing or post player...maybe a borderline star and a host of bad players in the lineups. Majority of the teams were built like this.

This era is WIDELY known as the "ISO ball" era.

Teams were playing load up, basic defense. With simple schemes. There was virtually no ball movement or cutting. Zone defense just got added....and some teams didn't know how to beat it :lol:.

Y'all remember everything from back then with rose colored lenses.

Basketball is in another golden era right now. Peaks and valleys.

70s was terrible
80s & 90s were good
Late 90's & early 00's were terrible
10's are good.

how old are you? 13? :lol:

how old are you? 13? :lol:

Coked out players
Crazy pace
Tape delays
No defense
ABA/NBA
Popularity decline

That's JUST on the surface level. It was an overall bad product. There is a reason why Magic, Bird and Jordan are hailed as the "saviors" of the NBA. They did a lot to transform the league.

There are some great articles about the NBA in the 70s.

-Courtney Alexander
-Jahadi White
-Popeye jones
-Chris Whitney
-Ty Lue
-Juan Dixon
-Steve Blake
-Etan Thomas
-RIP Hamilton
-Christian Laetner
-Cherokee Parks
-Kwame Brown
-Tyrone Nesby
-Jarvis Hayes

:lol: Good times

Back
Top Bottom