Tyreke Evans 3rd best 2 Guard next season?

Tyreke will be a much better player this year, and for his career. He has elite guard potential, OJ does not.

Reke does have elite guard potential, but are you just saying that because you have yet to see OJ used the same way as Tyreke?

Do you think OJ is putting up his numbers the same way Tyreke is with the ball in his hands most of the time? Tyreke is also the 1st option on that team right? If we traded OJ today to a team that will maximize his skills, he just MAY pass Roy and JJ on that list. I hate that he's on our team playing the role of !$+#$!# Wes Matthews instead of BRoy

Reke does have elite guard potential, but are you just saying that because you have yet to see OJ used the same way as Tyreke?

Do you think OJ is putting up his numbers the same way Tyreke is with the ball in his hands most of the time? Tyreke is also the 1st option on that team right? If we traded OJ today to a team that will maximize his skills, he just MAY pass Roy and JJ on that list. I hate that he's on our team playing the role of !$+#$!# Wes Matthews instead of BRoy

OJ and Gordon>>> Reke?

9qxkyx.gif

Trust, although Tyreke isn't your PROTOTYPICAL PG per say, he is STILL a PG. I know most of ya'll prolly never seen any Kings games except for his highlights on YT but he does infact run the point with Beno Udrih coming off the bench. Granted, he does need to improve on his midrange shot and passing, but his court generalship, ball-handling, and decision making are superb. I guess ya'll must've forgot that Memphis went 33-1 after they moved Tyreke to the PG spot huh?

OJ and Gordon>>> Reke?

9qxkyx.gif

Trust, although Tyreke isn't your PROTOTYPICAL PG per say, he is STILL a PG. I know most of ya'll prolly never seen any Kings games except for his highlights on YT but he does infact run the point with Beno Udrih coming off the bench. Granted, he does need to improve on his midrange shot and passing, but his court generalship, ball-handling, and decision making are superb. I guess ya'll must've forgot that Memphis went 33-1 after they moved Tyreke to the PG spot huh?

Evans's rookie stats? 20.1 points, 5.3 rebounds, 5.8 assists, 1.5 steals, 3 game-winning shots, 1 game-deciding steal.
Lebron's rookie stats? 20.9 points, 5.5 rebounds, 5.9 assists, 1.7 steals.

The fact that Juice and Eric Gordon are even being discussed aside Evans is a joke. But it's too soon to be talking about Evans being a top 3 SG in the league right now. While I hope he improves enough this year to be in that conversation, he just finished his rookie year. Show the vets of the league some respect.

Evans's rookie stats? 20.1 points, 5.3 rebounds, 5.8 assists, 1.5 steals, 3 game-winning shots, 1 game-deciding steal.
Lebron's rookie stats? 20.9 points, 5.5 rebounds, 5.9 assists, 1.7 steals.

The fact that Juice and Eric Gordon are even being discussed aside Evans is a joke. But it's too soon to be talking about Evans being a top 3 SG in the league right now. While I hope he improves enough this year to be in that conversation, he just finished his rookie year. Show the vets of the league some respect.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

What are the grizzlies supposed to do, just let O.J run wild with the ball in his hands? There is a reason why he is not being used like Tyreke, because he can't. I can only think of one or two teams where O.J would be the clear number one option. O.J doesn't have the physical tools like Roy or Johnson, and thats why the Grizzlies don't let him play like them.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

What are the grizzlies supposed to do, just let O.J run wild with the ball in his hands? There is a reason why he is not being used like Tyreke, because he can't. I can only think of one or two teams where O.J would be the clear number one option. O.J doesn't have the physical tools like Roy or Johnson, and thats why the Grizzlies don't let him play like them.

BHZ, stop it.

Reke, is what you can call, a real combo guard. He has the ability to actually play point for some time, as show during the season. Its hard to believe hes still a rookie too.

OJ? i see the potential, but i dont see him being able to take on that responsibility, anytime soon.

BHZ, stop it.

Reke, is what you can call, a real combo guard. He has the ability to actually play point for some time, as show during the season. Its hard to believe hes still a rookie too.

OJ? i see the potential, but i dont see him being able to take on that responsibility, anytime soon.

Originally Posted by kingferic

Hell No. Joe Johnson, Roy, Mayo, etc.>>>>>>>>>>>> Tyreke

Doesn't matter if he puts up high numbers because no one will consider him a top player unless he gives his team a better record.
Mayo?

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by kingferic

Hell No. Joe Johnson, Roy, Mayo, etc.>>>>>>>>>>>> Tyreke

Doesn't matter if he puts up high numbers because no one will consider him a top player unless he gives his team a better record.
Mayo?

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

OJ and Gordon>>> Reke?

9qxkyx.gif

Tyreke's trying to play PG is easily one of the most frustrating aspects of his game to watch
tired.gif

This is what it looks likes:

1) Dribbles up court....slowly..... so god damn slowly
laugh.gif
...... takes 4-8 seconds.
2) Attempts to set up offense at the top of the key..... takes up to 10 seconds.
3) Realizes that he has taken far to long to run a play and proceeds to go mano-y-mano and jacks up a shot.

To be fair though, he is most/very effective setting up his teammates when he dribble drives and kicks it out. I just wish Westphal would make him speed up his offensive progressions. Beno tends to do the same thing as well.

OJ and Gordon>>> Reke?

9qxkyx.gif

Tyreke's trying to play PG is easily one of the most frustrating aspects of his game to watch
tired.gif

laugh.gif
2) Attempts to set up offense at the top of the key..... takes up to 10 seconds.
3) Realizes that he has taken far to long to run a play and proceeds to go mano-y-mano and jacks up a shot.

To be fair though, he is most/very effective setting up his teammates when he dribble drives and kicks it out. I just wish Westphal would make him speed up his offensive progressions. Beno tends to do the same thing as well.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

tSamShoX wrote:
tired.gif

laugh.gif

I agree to an extent. Part of it goes towards Westphal and the other Tyreke maturing into the PG position. The stagnation on offense was frustrating and usually occurs when they are trying to run set plays which I think should improve with a year under his belt. However, I feel that Tyreke is a PG and can fully evolve into a complete PG in the future.

tSamShoX wrote:
tired.gif

laugh.gif

I agree to an extent. Part of it goes towards Westphal and the other Tyreke maturing into the PG position. The stagnation on offense was frustrating and usually occurs when they are trying to run set plays which I think should improve with a year under his belt. However, I feel that Tyreke is a PG and can fully evolve into a complete PG in the future.

tSamShoX wrote:
tired.gif

laugh.gif

Yup, I feel ya on that. Westphal needs a quicker offensive set and Tyreke needs to recognize/initiate the offense faster. But like you said, that will come with Tyreke's development as a PG; which I am more than will to wait on because as we already know, the kid is a bonafide scorer
pimp.gif

tSamShoX wrote:
tired.gif

laugh.gif

Yup, I feel ya on that. Westphal needs a quicker offensive set and Tyreke needs to recognize/initiate the offense faster. But like you said, that will come with Tyreke's development as a PG; which I am more than will to wait on because as we already know, the kid is a bonafide scorer
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom