Votes: 10 6.2%
  • .5 Small

Votes: 38 23.5%
  • Narrow

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • Wide

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
I really hope they change the UA placement on the 3s. I honestly love the 1s and 2s for performance but felt that the SC30 branding was lacking. The 3s are even further stripped down and honestly don't scream signature shoe. It's similar to putting a players initials on a regular shoe. Curry deserves more than that. I also would like if they would not recycle colorways with other UA shoes. I don't like my northern lights and bhms as much since the clutchfit has the exact same colors.

That's a decent size in the heel. I didn't notice that. The first pics said under armour so that's a nice change. They still need to add it back to the tongue.

Totally agree. The UA on the tongue doesn't fit. Makes it look like a regular UA shoe and not a signature model for their top athlete. It needs the SC30 bolder on the shoe. The logo on the heel is nice but may not show as predominantly on certain colorways. It needs to be on the tongue.

But just take a look at the size of the SC/30 logo... BTW Seth Curry on Twitter replied on one of the tweets that those "official" 3s are close but not yet
Totally agree. The UA on the tongue doesn't fit. Makes it look like a regular UA shoe and not a signature model for their top athlete. It needs the SC30 bolder on the shoe. The logo on the heel is nice but may not show as predominantly on certain colorways. It needs to be on the tongue.

I've said this from the jump. The UA logo should be on the heel. I personally think it fits perfectly there. I agree that SC30 should definitely be on the tongue. I don't think either logo are appealing on the sides however.

UA is obviously more interested in having their brand being the one that jumps out and rightfully so, but they need to realize that they are hurting the appeal of the shoe.

Last edited:
I've said this from the jump. The UA logo should be on the heel. I personally think it fits perfectly there. I agree that SC30 should definitely be on the tongue. I don't think either logo are appealing on the sides however.

UA is obviously more interested in having their brand being the one that jumps out and rightfully so, but they need to realize that they are hurting the appeal of the shoe.

I said this a while ago (not trying to stake my claim lol, just showing I agree with you) and also brought up how I loved the Lillard 2. The Lillards had Dame's logo on the heel cup and the only prominent adidas branding is on the tongue. Makes it a nice shoe to rock off the court and doesn't look tacky trying to force the logo on the shoe.

Time to break out my KD 4 collection from his 2012 Finals and scoring champion run. They'll for sure look great next to my Curry 1's and 2's.

Upcoming season is gonna hurt my pockets tho with the KD 9 and Curry 3.
Good to know someone else on this thread collects both Currys and KDs! Steph and KD have been my favorite players since they entered the league. I'd always get ish for rocking KDs with my Warriors gear. That shouldn't be a problem now haha. And I agree. KD 9s are also arguably the best performers this year. I hope the Curry 3 can give the KD 9 a run for its money!

Good to know someone else on this thread collects both Currys and KDs! Steph and KD have been my favorite players since they entered the league. I'd always get ish for rocking KDs with my Warriors gear. That shouldn't be a problem now haha. And I agree. KD 9s are also arguably the best performers this year. I hope the Curry 3 can give the KD 9 a run for its money!

:x

HEADS UP ON SHADY AUCTION

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Under-Armour-Curry-Two-2-GOLD-RINGS-11-5-w-Autograph-1259007-107-/182190778528?hash=item2a6b6aa8a0:g:sJoAAOSwvg9XX1Tm

This dude doesn't have a real tagged pic, just a digital tag added on a photo. I asked for a tagged pic and zoomed in on the autograph. 

Auction pic vs tagged pic :x

View media item 2088722View media item 2088723
Hahaha autograph isn't even flat across the shoe and it's even in different positions on the shoe in the pics. Hilarious.

Anyone looking for a Curry 2.5 "73-9" SZ 10 or Curry 2 "Black Knight" SZ 9 for under retail? Both DS.

Have both for sale. PM me if interested. I can provide you tagged photos. Thx!

But that 2.5 picture..... smh..... i guess we just gotta wait and see.... where the MVP pack at btw UA????

So, initial 2.5 vs 2 impression.

I didn't bring my 2s with me and I'm out of state, so going about this from memory.

CUSHION:

The 2.5's felt, initially, more spongy and higher off the ground than the 2's. Didn't like that feeling at all. but prob just in my head cause I heard nothing really changed from the 2's to 2.5's, but 2's had a better court feel to me.

LOCKDOWN:

The total foot lock-down was AWESOME. If you lace them up right, you get a good fit, and your foot is locked in. Didn't experience any Achilles rubbing like others complained about. My foot was going no where. In most shoes my foot slides and I get blisters, especially on big toe, but minimal pain in these....great fit. Can't stress this enough, it just hugs your foot and it ain't going no where. Best part about the shoe IMO.

SIZING:

I went TTS and I can't understand why people suggested to half size up? The fit is perfect and I have jacked up/wide feet/hammer toes, allofdat. I think people just need to lace them up right and/or loosen them up good then make them tight before hooping in them.

No burrito tongue problem with a wide foot, just have to lace them all the way up to the top. Once you lace them and tie them down, the tongue goes into place. Maybe not picture perfect, but you will need to get them TIGHT.

TRACTION:

Traction seemed a little worse than the 2's, but I was playing on a different court, and it was dirty. For the most part, only shoes I have on me to compare them to traction wise is the Jordan XX8, and those of course have legendary traction. With the 2.5s, I slipped not so often, had to wipe them down a little bit more than the xx8s, but initially, I thought they gripped even better than my XX8s, but after some more time in them, the collected dust and didn't perform as well. I liked the traction of the 2's a little better.

UPPER:

That upper seemed a little more stiff. It makes the shoe feel heavier and bulkier to me for some reason. That was an OK feeling, kinda didn't like that, but for that better foot lock-down in the 2.5's, I'll take it.

So, I like the 2.5's better for the lockdown, but the 2's overall felt like a better shoe. This is just an initial impression, maybe once I break them in more, I will change my mind. I think I'm crazy for saying this, but the 2.5's felt more like a pillow on my feet. Not the type of player to dig that, but after my 3rd game the feeling was going away, so maybe the cushioning is molding. But, if you need good lockdown the 2.5's is where it's at, but the 2s are overall the better shoe.

Hopefully the MVP pack ships out soon. Then I'll be able to run the 1's, 2's and 2.5's back to back to back in games. I will honestly do this lol might even get a youtube channel going :smokin

Damn, UA is killing it though. People who haven't picked these up yet are sleeping. GREAT b-ball shoes. Depends on the type of player you are though. So, to me at least.

Last edited:
Not feeling those too much, but an all Platinum/Black Curry 2.5 is intriguing me very, VERY much.

Kinda similar to these:

View media item 2093184

I mean, imagine if UA did the whole shoe upper to make it look like the Jordan XXX Cosmo's toe cap? Like a mystichrome shoe? OMG, would be fire, kinda like this:

View media item 2093186

:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin

Call me ignorant maybe lol.....but is that a real shoe? I would wear the s**t out of those haha

Yes sir! I agree, would be dope if UA could do something like that with the upper. Just give us a limited release UA, please. Would be so dope :x

For serious though, that bottom shoe, the last one that is kinda reflective, is that a real Nike shoe or a mockup?? I'm serious about the h*ll out of it. Lol

Back
Top Bottom