Up and coming graffiti artist (Come take a look. Free stickers! Updated )

One of my boys is a soon to be graffiti artist and the creator of the brand "Graffface". His name will remain anonymous for now for personal reasons. It has been about a year and the brand is starting to get widely known in many places such as California, Las Vegas, Chicago, New York, and New Zealand. Here is his flickr. http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/graffface/

I am trying to promote the brand, so feel free to take a look at the photos in his flickr at your own will. I would just post them here on this page, but I can't due to copyright reasons. I will try to get more pictures in the future and update this page whenever I get a chance to see my boy.

I am doing a little give away also. First person to pm me their shipping info gets that T shirt! It is a size medium though
grin.gif
. Anybody else that pm's me their info will get free stickers and I will ship them asap. Again, this is my first time promoting something so I will try to update this page on the regular. Help support Grafface!!

P.S. if you like the shirt and would like one just p.m me anyways I have them in most sizes and in red, white, blue, and purple. I will try to hook you up the best way I can!

"What'd you do last night?"
"We did umm, two whole cars
It was me, Dez, and Main Three right?
And on the first car in small letters it said
'All you see is..' and then you know
big, big, you know some block silver letters
that said '..crime in the city' right?"
"It just took up the whole car?"
"Yeah yeah, it was a whole car and @*!#..."

soon to be graffiti artist? you either do it or dont. its people like your friend who ruined the game.

doin it to be cool or exploiting something thats not yours for a profit.

^ I'd agree usually but I think this is just a guy tryin to give his friend some exposure. Doubt that's how the dude refers to himself

What is this?

Let me the first to say.... the style is wack. Im guessing the creator is going for a mass stencil like OBEY but the rest of his work is bunk. The stickers look like high quality don't get me wrong and Im sure funds to push it are available (rich kids trying to do hood things). I went through the pictures and the throw ups are really weak. I didn't see a heaven, I didnt see anything worth any type of rep. Trying to push the "brand" by using the graffiti as the gimmick.

I hope your friend has enough money to push this cause the desgin alone won't cut it.... ugly as +%$! (good quality). Also tell him to get out in the street using a can fam.... the sticker %%*$ is played out. Im guessing his trust fund is paying for it so let him know to invest it better.

Originally Posted by MrBrown

What is this?

Let me the first to say.... the style is wack. Im guessing the creator is going for a mass stencil like OBEY but the rest of his work is bunk. The stickers look like high quality don't get me wrong and Im sure funds to push it are available (rich kids trying to do hood things). I went through the pictures and the throw ups are really weak. I didn't see a heaven, I didnt see anything worth any type of rep. Trying to push the "brand" by using the graffiti as the gimmick.

I hope your friend has enough money to push this cause the desgin alone won't cut it.... ugly as +%$! (good quality). Also tell him to get out in the street using a can fam.... the sticker %%*$ is played out. Im guessing his trust fund is paying for it so let him know to invest it better.
Have you looked at all the pages on his flikr? I still do appreciate any feedback though.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

"What'd you do last night?"
"We did umm, two whole cars
It was me, Dez, and Main Three right?
And on the first car in small letters it said
'All you see is..' and then you know
big, big, you know some block silver letters
that said '..crime in the city' right?"
"It just took up the whole car?"
"Yeah yeah, it was a whole car and @*!#..."

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

post some of his bombs/streetwork.

I never heard of him

I will in about a week. There are some bombs in his flickr you can check them out for now

Your friend is promising, but he needs to practise on the humble for a few more years. Nowhere near king material yet...

Originally Posted by Thizz Marley

soon to be graffiti artist? you either do it or dont. its people like your friend who ruined the game.

doin it to be cool or exploiting something thats not yours for a profit.

This /thread

quick thoughts from a writer

-his name is wack. i'm sorry but it can't get any cornier than calling yourself graff.
-he does seem to be biting obey.
-it seems like he's doing what he thinks a writer would do but he's following stereotypes. feels like arrows are next.
-he's obviously an artist...and can paint but yeah...all of the above.

just trying to give constructive criticism and not just be an #%% about it. he should get a better, less EXTREMELY corny and typical outsider looking in name and be a little bit more genuine about it.

and i agree with whoever said "who is a soon to be graffiti artist."
the hell is that.

lastly...it really does seem like he only started writing, if he really writes, for the sake of making money. thats not gonna work.

grafface army?
graff face?
graff?

grin.gif

also, he covered up a piece with a weak $$# bomb.
he's still green...his shadows/3d need work.
no forcefields or outlines..?
that name. i can't stress that enough.
grin.gif

even if the stickers and the shirt were free i can't get jiggy with that.

Back
Top Bottom