UPDATE 1/12 Campbell's soup drops same sex couple + son commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not acting like anything I really don't get why a kid with two parents would wish for other parents besides when the parents punish them.

That's what's wrong bro.
You are not the kid. You may not understand what's bothering them. And just because you can't understand it doesn't exist?

You seeing how dense you sound?

I just can't stand people like you who try to cast that "bigot" stone on anyone that's not waving a ******* rainbow flag. It's one thing to call out people who believe that homosexuals shouldn't be entitled to the same rights as everyone else or people that use religious rhetoric to hate them.

It's a completely other thing to try to throw people who may not agree with with commercials like this one or of a young boy playing with Barbies...in the same boat.

It's not ok period to have bigoted views on ANYONE. How are you NOT infringing on someone's rights by being a bigot? Do you think folks who put dumb **** online like #AllLivesMatter are helping the BLM movement? We talk about how "good" cops aren't really good if they aren't speaking out on police brutality. Apathy doesn't help against oppression.

As for the second part, the commercial is trying to convey that kids who are "different" are OK. Cultural acceptance isn't something taught on a national level in our school systems. Racism and homophobia is just not something that kids understand. Would it not be beneficial for parents to educate them on it? Just going as far as "That kid is ______ but that's OK, they are no different from you or me" would seem to help a lot.

It was not considered normal in any of those periods.

It was in Ancient Greece/Rome. But that's another topic.

04eIrTO.png

And you're gonna say exactly that to the kid too. "You're jumping to conclusions and not making sense. "
You clearly don't know how to talk to kids :lol:

Jumping to conclusions and not making sense is what I'm saying YOU are doing.
Kid is gonna think you don't care about how they feel. Adults not listening.
You've still yet to explain what you're saying and how it makes sense.

How does the child start wishing they had a mom/dad and begin to resent their parents being gay?

Seems to me you just don't understand children and have made up this weak argument to speak for children because they're curious and ask questions. Asking questions does not automatically mean they'll grow up to hate their parents for their sexual orientation. Your argument leaves out so many key things when it comes to raising children.

Perhaps you should stop talking in hypotheticals and find some preteens or teenagers who have been raised by same sex couples and find this out on your own.

I'm not acting like anything I really don't get why a kid with two parents would wish for other parents besides when the parents punish them.

That's what's wrong bro.
You are not the kid. You may not understand what's bothering them. And just because you can't understand it doesn't exist?

You seeing how dense you sound?
Sounds more like you're basing this off how you were when you were a child.

You're definitely right that you may not understand what's bothering them just keep in mind you're assuming that their parents being gay is what's bothering them.

Last edited:
It's not ok period to have bigoted views on ANYONE. How are you NOT infringing on someone's rights by being a bigot? Do you think folks who put dumb **** online like #AllLivesMatter are helping the BLM movement? We talk about how "good" cops aren't really good if they aren't speaking out on police brutality. Apathy doesn't help against oppression.

As for the second part, the commercial is trying to convey that kids who are "different" are OK. Cultural acceptance isn't something taught on a national level in our school systems. Racism and homophobia is just not something that kids understand. Would it not be beneficial for parents to educate them on it? Just going as far as "That kid is ______ but that's OK, they are no different from you or me" would seem to help a lot.
**** you mean? I'm not a policy maker. I'm not a high ranking gov't offical. I don't make any laws. I don't sit in any seat of power...so how could I or anyone in here infringe on anyone's rights.

Do you know what infringe means?

Last edited:
**** you mean? I'm not a policy maker. I'm not a high ranking gov't offical. I don't make any laws. I don't sit in any seat of power...so how could I or anyone in here infringe on anyone's rights.

Do you know what infringe means?

Because those are the only folks with power. OK

Yes I know what "infringe" means, FOH with your condescending ***.

Bigoted folks help keep cultures of racism and homophobia alive, whether they are regular Joe working at Best Buy or a state senator. Do you know what "systematic oppression" means?

People who are against homosexuality don't have to necessarily vote against laws allowing same sex marriage, but they sure as hell can be influential and convince folks to actually vote against it. But most of them aren't in "positions of power", so they can't infringe on anyone's rights.

Last edited:
It was in Ancient Greece/Rome. But that's another topic.

04eIrTO.png

No. It was not.

Pedophilia was normal.

In those societies young boys and girls held the same status until puberty.

Soldiers having sex with each was seen more as situational homosexuality due to being away from home and being around nothing but men for years on end.

You clearly don't know how to talk to kids :lol:

Jumping to conclusions and not making sense is what I'm saying YOU are doing.
You've still yet to explain what you're saying and how it makes sense.

How does the child start wishing they had a mom/dad and begin to resent their parents being gay?

Seems to me you just don't understand children and have made up this weak argument to speak for children because they're curious and ask questions. Asking questions does not automatically mean they'll grow up to hate their parents for their sexual orientation. Your argument leaves out so many key things when it comes to raising children.

Perhaps you should stop talking in hypotheticals and find some preteens or teenagers who have been raised by same sex couples and find this out on your own.
Sounds more like you're basing this off how you were when you were a child.

You're definitely right that you may not understand what's bothering them just keep in mind you're assuming that their parents being gay is what's bothering them.

You are actively normalizing homosexuality for the child by the no nonsense zero tolerance for being anti gay. You guys are feeding into marketing. It's crazy how hard y'all ride for gay rights, but black civil issues are trending enough for y'all to care that much.

And if you want some insight I've sat in on school counseling sessions with children who were bullied because of a gay rumor about one of his/her parents.
I don't know what perfect world y'all live in but what I am talking about ain't that far fetched.

Homosexuality was NOT in Egypt. Those pictures are photoshopped. Homosexuality is a European practice. Ancient Africans were not practicing homosexuality

No. It was not.

Pedophilia was normal.

In those societies young boys and girls held the same status until puberty.

Soldiers having sex with each was seen more as situational homosexuality due to being away from home and being around nothing but men for years on end.
That's not what I've read in regards to male/male interactions. From my understanding, there were social stigmas placed on the male that took on the passive "feminine" role. But the practice was far from taboo. The dominant male was not cast aside or looked down upon.

Homosexuality was NOT in Egypt. Those pictures are photoshopped. Homosexuality is a European practice. Ancient Africans were not practicing homosexuality
Egypt was invaded over and over and over and over and over again by other cultures. You have be very specific about who you consider "Ancient African" when it comes to the so-called Egypt. 

The name Egypt itself is of Greek origin.

Repped!

Also they want to corrupt the young children minds so that they can grow up and think it's a normal thing.

Reason being is to stop homophobia.

Congrats to the LGBT community
Not to thread jack, but I don't feel like same sex marriage is always gay marriage, feel me?

I feel like a straight man should be able to marry another straight man. Like for example, think of your best friend. Been sons for 10 years and been through it all. Straight facts. I feel like straight men should be able to marry each other and reap the same benefits. Who's best to marry you but ya best friend? Right?

Bust this. You and ya mans can live in the same crib, nice *** crib too cus that joint income gonna be looking real proper, yall can get money together, smash **** together, and just have each other's back 100% on some death do us part ****, feel me? I don't see anything wrong with that. Although it is kinda weird to walk up to a shorty to try and bag and say "yeah ma I live with my husband." But that's another story.

And instead of wedding rings, yall can cop each other a rolex or some fly ****.

:lol:

You are actively normalizing homosexuality for the child by the no nonsense zero tolerance for being anti gay. You guys are feeding into marketing. It's crazy how hard y'all ride for gay rights, but black civil issues are trending enough for y'all to care that much.

And if you want some insight I've sat in on school counseling sessions with children who were bullied because of a gay rumor about one of his/her parents.
I don't know what perfect world y'all live in but what I am talking about ain't that far fetched.

They aren't mutually exclusive. And plenty of folks on this site talk about black civil issues. I will say, there isn't much overlap on these issues though when it comes to people defending both sides. I can say the same about people who ride hard for black civil issues but turn a blind eye to the homophobia that runs rampant on this site and society in general.

Normalizing homosexuality with commercials like these is the point. That maybe one day, a large amount of folks won't have to be bullied because their parents are gay. Goes back to my point on parents having a talk with their kids about it. And you don't have to go into massive detail about it either. Don't want to confuse toddlers/kids? Then teach them about things like this. It's not hard to understand.

Last edited:
You are actively normalizing homosexuality for the child by the no nonsense zero tolerance for being anti gay.
A child raised by homosexual parents will grow up thinking it's normal.

Kinda just seems you're making a distinction between that and the desired family unit by heterosexual ppl and calling one normal.

You guys are feeding into marketing. It's crazy how hard y'all ride for gay rights
What does marketing gotta do with this? You can't address what's being said so you just accuse the other side of feeding in to marketing and call it a day?

Why you aint addressing anything I asked or said? :lol: :smh:
but black civil issues are trending enough for y'all to care that much.
This is ******* bull ****.

You're a ******* clown.

Why the **** are you even comparing black civil rights issues to this? I can see now where the real jealousy is stemming from.

Black civil rights issues has nothing to do with this thread but you're finding a way to bring that in to this but at the same time don't want the LBGT struggle compared to the black struggle (which shouldn't be but here you go doing the inverse).

Complete clown move on your part.

Also who the **** are you talking to about not caring about black civil rights issues? ******* ridiculous.

You bringing up black civil rights is mantanning at it's finest. Tried to play the race card out of the ******* blue :smh: :stoneface:
You're claiming to have insight and now touting experience have actually spoken on it at all yet. You've still yet to make sense of how you jumped to your conclusion but yeah nobody cares about black issues.

Seems to me you're just full of ****. Can't carry on a discussion and are just spewing nonsense for the sake of it.

Last edited:
That's what I thought.

You're a *****. Straight up. I say something you don't agree with and you start name calling. I call it how it is. You're acting like a *****.

I'm one of the few nters who will actually try to discuss different opinions. But not with *******. Cry too much

Everyone in here talking negative about homosexuality needs to realize that you were programed to think that way. You are the by product of ignorance and intolerance. Commercials like these are attempting to change society's perception, unlearn the ignorance you cling to. The sexual preference of another human being has absolutely no impact on your life whatsoever.

That's what I thought.

You're a *****. Straight up. I say something you don't agree with and you start name calling. I call it how it is. You're acting like a *****.

I'm one of the few nters who will actually try to discuss different opinions. But not with *******. Cry too much
Still on the clown status.

Now you're trying to play the victim. You calling it how it is? Seems more like you making **** up as you go. Save your expletives b, they don't move me.

Brings up black civil rights issues for no reason in a thread about a same sex couple depicted in a commercial when the topic is some nonsense you brought up about children resenting their parents for being gay.

Then you got the nerve to say I care more about gay issues than black issues like this had anything to do with anything all because you don't like my response.

You aint discussing **** b. So don't put yourself in any group of NTers that know how to carry on a discussion/argument/debate. Stop lying. You transparent at this point. You aint been making sense your last few posts. Now all you got left is wild left field incendiary jabs.

Don't be mad cuz I called your bull **** out the second I saw it. Stop coming with that weak ****. If you don't got anything to say don't say anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom