*UPDATE 6/27/15*.......Legend of Korra OFFICIAL THREAD..........MIGHT BE GETTING A NEW AIRBENDER SER

Looking at the trailer in depth for the first time and it seems there might be some time jumps in the season or flashbacks? See some skinny Korra in green with the short hair and then there's some of Korra in blue looking like she used to

I'm mad my man Bolin is working for the man.

Also, amazing how Asami got them child-bearing hips/MILF look after only 3 years.

Last edited:
Anybody else sense Kuvira behind the village attackers as a means to get independent nations to align with her.

Anybody else sense Kuvira behind the village attackers as a means to get independent nations to align with her.
I was thinking the same thing the way she shut that girl up who knew her name. On a red lotus anarchist tip.

Kuvira definitely arming bandits to run amok in places that don't get down or lay down.

Opal or Kai will probably find those supplies in a Metal Clan warehouse that Bolin surprisingly manages.

Then, Bolin will probably assure them that they were from Metal Clan loyalists, only to be convinced otherwise, then at some point after a Metal Clan Mech-Suit will attack them, and they'll escape and part of Team Avatar is back in business!!!

Last edited:
PgaMMVq.gif
PgaMMVq.gif
PgaMMVq.gif
PgaMMVq.gif

PgaMMVq.gif
PgaMMVq.gif

PgaMMVq.gif

PgaMMVq.gif

Just noticed and realized that Season 4 started. Been busy with work and school. Just finished watching episode 1 and it was great to see what's going on after 3 years. Saw the trailer and I can't wait to see what exactly happened to Toph. Real exicted.

I have watched every episode of ATLAB and LK and I've always wondered whether outside of the avatar state, the avatar is somewhat average in all of the other bending techniques outside of their primary bending skill? I'm not downplaying Aang's or Korra's skills outside of the avatar state, but we've seen elite level benders challenge them and beat them outside of the avatar state many times. Zaheer, Azula, Ozai, etc. Isn't the avatar supposed to be the master of all four elements? Maybe master means the ability to do something but not at an elite level.

Last edited:
I have watched every episode of ATLAB and LK and I've always wondered whether outside of the avatar state, the avatar is somewhat average in all of the other bending techniques outside of their primary bending skill? I'm not downplaying Aang's or Korra's skills outside of the avatar state, but we've seen elite level benders challenge them and beat them outside of the avatar state many times. Zaheer, Azula, Ozai, etc. Isn't the avatar supposed to be the master of all four elements? Maybe master means the ability to do something but not at an elite level.
I think that's a fair assessment. However, I also think the idea is that the Avatar is supposed to master the four elements, not that the Avatar is by nature master of the four elements. Korra is rough around the edges, as was Aang is some respects. What they both have in common is that they're very young Avatars (during their respective series). Simply put, I think mastery comes with age. The Avatar state is like a fail-safe, saving the Avatar from being overmatched.

I think if an avatar truly mastered all four elements outside of their avatar state, there would be no need for the avatar state.

Both of them in their respective shows are young.

All the other names that were named are all old and had time to work on their craft and improve.

Older Aang and Korra would probably be ridiculous to fight against outside of their avatar state.

Last edited:
Azula was a tough out for Aang and Korra wasn't exactly lighting up the pro-bending world.

I always inferred it to mean the Avatar is simply capable of using all 4 elements, whereas other people are confined to one (and its sub-bending).
Like Aang learning how to bend different elements; once he got it down pack with ease, I called that mastering it. Not sure how levels are tiered.

My judgement of it is that it's always depended on the abilities of the Avatar/Benders. Everyone naturally has a different level of skill they're born with, this can even be seen between Roku, Aang, and Korra. Roku was by all accounts an average bender beforehand, mastering his ability by the time he was 16 when he was revealed to be the Avatar, and then spending the next few years (Believe it was 10, but i'm not sure off the top of my head) learning and mastering the other elements. Aang was acknowledged as an Air Bending prodigy, better than older students by the time he was 6, teachers by the time he was 10, and mastering it by the time he was 12. He then learned the basics of the three other elements in like a year, though it was noted that he wasn't necessarily a master of them. Then look at Korra. Earth, Water, and Fire; she was using when she was four. By the time she was 17 it was decreed she'd mastered all three. However she was never able to Air Bend even a little until she was nearly 18, and from there she mastered it in under a year.

Outside of the Avatar State, i'd say the Avatar is just a normal bender who's able to use 4 elements instead of 1, and therefore his/her skill level depends on a combination of natural aptitude and training like any other Bender.

My judgement of it is that it's always depended on the abilities of the Avatar/Benders. Everyone naturally has a different level of skill they're born with, this can even be seen between Roku, Aang, and Korra. Roku was by all accounts an average bender beforehand, mastering his ability by the time he was 16 when he was revealed to be the Avatar, and then spending the next few years (Believe it was 10, but i'm not sure off the top of my head) learning and mastering the other elements. Aang was acknowledged as an Air Bending prodigy, better than older students by the time he was 6, teachers by the time he was 10, and mastering it by the time he was 12. He then learned the basics of the three other elements in like a year, though it was noted that he wasn't necessarily a master of them. Then look at Korra. Earth, Water, and Fire; she was using when she was four. By the time she was 17 it was decreed she'd mastered all three. However she was never able to Air Bend even a little until she was nearly 18, and from there she mastered it in under a year.

Outside of the Avatar State, i'd say the Avatar is just a normal bender who's able to use 4 elements instead of 1, and therefore his/her skill level depends on a combination of natural aptitude and training like any other Bender.
But wouldnt they innately have a higher aptitude because of their past lifes

aNYone aNYone I don't think so, similar to how they don't innately know everything they did in a past life, or even have the same personality from a past life. Their past lives really don't seem to effect them too much outside of being able to contact and commune with them for advice and accessing the Avatar State. However, the existence of the Avatar State would be what I think you're talking about, as it's noted to be a resovoir of power, filled over time upon the death of each Avatar. As Roku said:

"The Avatar State is a defense mechanism, designed to empower you with the skills and knowledge of all the past Avatars. The glow is the combination of all your past lives, focusing their energy through your body. In the Avatar State, you are at your most powerful, but you are also at your most vulnerable. If you are killed in the Avatar State, the reincarnation cycle will be broken and the Avatar will cease to exist."

It's only in the State that they have access to that power, while outside of it they're just who they are, a Bender that can use 4 elements.

Last edited:
you folks in for a treat for episode 2.  I saw the early screening at NYCC and my reaction:

Won a signing from the creators as well tomorrow! 
nthat.gif

Last edited:

you folks in for a treat for episode 2.  I saw the early screening at NYCC and my reaction:

Won a signing from the creators as well tomorrow! 
nthat.gif
That was the exact look on my face at the end of the episode, I wasn't ready

DID ANY ONE ELSE NOTICE THE KILL BILL REFERENCE IN S4 E2????
YES! When Beatrix is by herself in the truck!

Good stuff, glad somebody else caught that.

I'm getting Netflix-freedom withdrawals, one episode a week isn't ENOUGH!

Last edited:
Episode was Fire 

Im guessing We'll get into the full swing of the plot by episode 4

They lowkey gave Korra ptsd trouble sleeping, seeing things , and they even gave her a dog to help her out .

They lowkey gave Korra ptsd trouble sleeping, seeing things , and they even gave her a dog to help her out .
Why is it this cartoon has some of the best writing
and character development of any other tv show including live action that's out today
This show is genius

Back
Top Bottom