*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Russ been dropped out. It's not just the Zika stuff either, crime and the country infrastructure is a concern. Like they supposedly can't even support the increased need for sewage lines and it's just drains into lakes and uncovered streams, some of which they'll be having their swimming in. Maybe AIDs too but that's oiverstated too. There are parts of the US with higher AIDs rates.

I don't want my favorite player getting kidnapped and having his kidney stolen

Kiwi and Myrie are big.....

kinda wouldn't mind if Melo was out now... 

Durant, P. George, D. Cousins, K. Thompson, D. Green, K. Irving, K. Leonard ... seven of the Team USA dozen we now expect to see in Rio.
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) June 20, 2016
Have to believe Dame Lillard, like Melo, has a Rio roster spot if he wants one; Andre Drummond and Jimmy Butler are also strong contenders.
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) June 20, 2016

USA BASKETBALL

Lowry in, Melo in, Dame out (via Y!)

edit:

Toronto guard Kyle Lowry has accepted an invitation to play for Team USA in the Rio Olympics, league sources tell @TheVertical.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) June 23, 2016
Carmelo Anthony has committed to chasing his third Olympic gold medal for Team USA this summer in Rio, league sources tell @TheVertical.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) June 23, 2016
Vertical Sources: Portland star Damian Lillard won't play in 2016 Olympics with Team USA as he continues to rehab plantar fasciitis injury.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) June 23, 2016

Last edited:
Team USA, sources say, remains hopeful Kyrie Irving and Klay Thompson will ultimately say YES on the Olympics after their long playoff runs
NBA 1m
Marc Stein
ESPN Senior Writer

Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George, Draymond Green, Kyle Lowry, DeMarcus Cousins and Jimmy Butler ... all confirmed for Rio Olympics

Just went down huh :nerd:

Kyrie Irving
Paul George
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Demarcus Cousins

Kyle Lowry
Klay Thompson
Kawhi Leonard
Draymond Green
DeAndre Jordan

Jimmy Butler
????

D. Jordan officially in. Drummond out. I don't think we really needed another traditional C on the team, but I guess it can't hurt.

I will be slightly worried if Klay, Kyrie, Kawhi aren't in

Also the glaring need for another PG is one I never thought we'd have issues with. There were yeas when coach K could have made a case to bring 5 or 6 PG's now we're struggling to even get 2 on the roster :lol:

I'm feeling Ish Smith for the last spot, I mean if we want the best facilitator in the league on the team.

o
I will be slightly worried if Klay, Kyrie, Kawhi aren't in

Also the glaring need for another PG is one I never thought we'd have issues with. There were yeas when coach K could have made a case to bring 5 or 6 PG's now we're struggling to even get 2 on the roster :lol:

ZIKA VIRUS :smh:

Last edited:
Squad so far

Lowry
Butler
KD, PG, Melo
Draymond
Boogie, Deandre

Kyrie and Klay potentially so that leaves 2 more spots for I have no idea :lol:

Demar and Gordon Hayward are still in the pool. They should just invite DRose to see if he still got it and build chemistry with Melo.

Marc Stein just tweeted Klay and Demar accepted. The last two spots are for Kyrie and LeBron if they decide to play

Back
Top Bottom