*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

This invite to Rio probably just saved Barnes' max contract hopes.

He'll have a few great games where he looks like he can do it all, and everyone will forget about his points shaving in the Finals.

When I saw Harrison barnes being named to the team it was very surprising. First thought was somebody in his camp pulled some strings for him to be on the team (after all the top tier players declined) to reclaim some of the $$$ he lost during the playoffs. Good move to stay relavent and in public view.

Last edited:
When I saw Harrison barnes being named to the team it was very surprising. First thought was somebody in his camp pulled some strings for him to be on the team (after all the top tier players declined) to reclaim some of the $$$ he lost during the playoffs. Good move to stay relavent and in public view.

That is absolutely what happened. This dude should be in hiding for the rest of the summer.

It's gotta be kinda awkward for Kyrie and Klay to be playing with eachother for this and hanging out for the next couple months after they just got done battling against eachother in the Finals.

Last edited:
Teams have so much cap space that I don't really think that Barnes lost himself much money during the finals. He also likely won't even be in the rotation during the Olympics.

I like the squad. It reminds me of the Durant led World Championships team. Great shooting, tons of versatility and athletic bigs if need be.

That is absolutely what happened. This dude should be in hiding for the rest of the summer.

It's gotta be kinda awkward for Kyrie and Klay to be playing with eachother for this and hanging out for the next couple months after they just got done battling against eachother in the Finals.
Was praying for Lebby and Steph to play together alongside Dray too. Shame

bron/steph/kyrie/klay/dray being on the same squad would be lit af omg. That small ball lineup would son the world b.

Was praying for Lebby and Steph to play together alongside Dray too. Shame
It's really no big deal.

2012 had Bestbrook and KD on the team after just losing to Bron.

If Olympic Melo shows up like he has in the past Olympics that'll be great news for Knicks fans since he usually rolls it into the season. I think even without LeBron & Steph this lineup could still take home the gold.

How in the world did Barnes make this squad.....
Would rather see them give that spot to Ben Simmons. Or is he not from the states?

Was Faried even invited? Did he decline?
If he wasnt invited its an odd decision seeing as he was among the best players in the world champinship in 2014

It's really no big deal.

2012 had Bestbrook and KD on the team after just losing to Bron.
Well of course it isn't a big deal. Dray showed Lebby respeck after

Understand that the cavs gsw series was much more chippy and "ego" driven than the okc Miami series. You had the two best players in the world glaring and talking smack every other game. You had Lebby rest his balls on dray head, resulting in a suspension. The tension was real

There's no comparison there

Last edited:
^ True.

I still think that, in the end, they look at it like a business and that series is over. On to the next one.

Was Faried even invited? Did he decline?
If he wasnt invited its an odd decision seeing as he was among the best players in the world champinship in 2014
World championship team was a different situation in terms of the roster. Plus a lot changed since then... He basically set the bar too high for himself after the performance

Everyone including myself thought he would take his game to the next level... Ended up plateauing at best

I saw that pau will play. Good stuff

Last edited:
I think it could have been a little ordeal with Klay and LeBron but that's it. Klay is really the only one with ***** tendencies. Super excited to see him on the team though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom