*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

He was highly effective for 2 golds, and still a solid contributor for a 3rd. And a bronze.

KD? Highly effective for 2 golds.
(So no.)

Bron? Same, plus the same bronze Melo also has. (3 + 1) > (2 + 1)
(So no.)

Kobe? I'll put him ahead of Melo, partly because of what he brought to the table in '08 by changing the culture, and partly because of your loyalty and my disdain.
(So yeah.)

Wade? Same as Bron.
(So no.)

Chuck? He was on the 2 most beastmode USA teams ever, and he was more integral than people give him credit for.
(Sure.)

MJ? Just '84 and '92, but damn was he fierce in '92. Ultimately, though, 'iconic' and 'memorable' and 'popular' aren't the same as 'better'. Strictly from a Team USA standpoint, nope.
(So no.)

VC?
laugh.gif

(Wait, you were serious? He almost didn't even make the team.)

Putting KD ahead of him is just another thing to file under 'Prisoner Of The Moment Statements', nothing more.

It's interesting you didn't even mention David Robinson, who, like Bron and Wade, also has 2 golds and a bronze.

Melo has been on Team USA... for... TWELVE... YEARS. And beasted for 2 of those 4 Olympics.
Melo was a beast in 2012. Not so much in 2008.  Bron, Bean and Wade were clearly the 3 best players on that team and performance wise. As for KD he was better than Melo in 2012 as well, he averaged almost 20 and 6 a game. Melo was at 16 and 5. And it's no contest this year so yeah KD is clearly better. Although he was effective for the most part he was never the best or even a top 3 player on the team outside of 2012. All the guys I mentioned sans VC were. And if you want to throw the Admiral in there that's cool too. 

Last edited:
You know you've had a bad stretch when Brandon Jennings is throwing shade at another player and you just do the zo

Alonzo-Mourning.gif

Thoughts on the Olympic tourney:

1. Squad made no damn sense, but it wasn't their fault. too many dudes dropped out and forced them to put guys like Derozan and Barnes on it. It is what it is.

2. As bad as Coach K's lineups were (before the the knockout stage when he started DJ), I think those close games in the prelims were more a result of teams actually trying. Normally, Team USA will get one close game in the prelims (happens pretty much every tournament), but Serbia, France and Australia were gunning for them from the get go. I remember in 2008, Spain threw their prelim game against Team USA, knowing they'd meet in the gold medal game being on the opposite bracket in the knockout stage.

[quote name="PMatic"]Barnes gotta let Jennings know he wasn't even part of the selection pool.[/quote]This.

"My summer included earning a gold medal while spending a couple weeks with world-class athletes. Yours didn't. #rio2016"

Harrison Barnes now has an NBA ring, a gold medal and a new contract for big money. Given that, if I were him, I wouldn't sweat anything a known dumb-*** like Jennings said about me - at least as it related to playing basketball.

Barnes was out here representing his country while Jennings still trying to run the Drew League

i'm cryin

I'm all for hb slander... but not from a dude that can't get minutes in Orlando. One has a nba championship the other can't win a drew league ring.

BJ could very well be outta the league in a few years :lol:. How you taking old school vet deals at 26....when they giving out bags left and right :lol:.

I'm all for Harrison Barnes slander...but not like dis. Especially from BJ. That boy a true disappointment. I believed in him at one point in time...many many years ago :smh:

He was playing well right before he tore his Achilles might be the most devastating injury for a bball player especially for a guy that relies on speed

HB still doesn't deserve slander for this its not like he played like crap he deserves so much respect for choosing to play for his country that being said colangelo came off as an arrogant prick for what he said

Was everybody on Team USA a Nike athlete? I know Klay is PEAK, but I just saw a group pic where everbody had on green Nikes.

Was everybody on Team USA a Nike athlete? I know Klay is PEAK, but I just saw a group pic where everbody had on green Nikes.

It's required Nike did a good job in making sure that the uniform during the awarding is sponsored

And Usually they put the non-nike athlete in the back so we don't see their shoes.

Like that pic before the olympic started. Can't seem to find it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom