*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Pop is a great coach but he will face the same problem all USA basketball coaches face and that's installing a cohesive offense with limited practice time.

Pop is a great coach but he will face the same problem all USA basketball coaches face and that's installing a cohesive offense with limited practice time.
This time around they were unfortunate not to get a point guard who can control the tempo in the half court

Defensively they underachieved badly. Coach k and thibbs failed pretty bad not sure what went wrong. They had the versatility defensively to dominate and get out into transition

Well good luck to him trying to make the Olympics with team platano. Him and Hortford is all they have. Felipe Lopez aint walking thru that door :lol:

+melo and big al? :nerd:

Last edited:
I wonder what made them choose Lowry over Conley who was already apart of the Team USA program? Just seemed redundant to add Lowry when you had a scoring PG and other scorers on the perimeter.

I was thinking it may have ben Conley resting his achilles, but he seemed ready to play.

1. KAT can never play for us. Once you play on the senior national level, you can't play for another team. Kinda crazy how you don't know that with a USA Basketball Avy....but I digress

Before you try to school me know what you are talking about first. There is a way to play team USA if you are KAT. He played for TEAM PLATANO before his 18th birthday. (was 16 at the time) technically under FIBA rules, he can still switch back to the US is he chooses too. He is not tied to the DR, unless he was to play in qualifiers coming up.

Well, damb.

Gonna be crazy when the best player in the world is not playing on Team USA :nerd:

Oh what? Just saw there's a 5 year gap between the last and the next.

FIBA and FIFA have always had their World Cups in the same year and, as basketball becomes more and more popular, FIBA wanted to move it to odd years. They decided to wait five years and then re-establish the four-year cycle.

4 years is a long time. There will be new stars and guys taking their games to that elite level.

I don't really expect guys like Westbrook, Bron, etc. to be considered the absolute cream of the crop by 2020.

Yea in 2020 just based off projections I see guys like KAT (if he defects), Booker, Gordon, Oladipo, D'Angelo, Bari, AD, Kawhi, Dame/CJ, Drummond/Stanley, being the guys.

Of course if any of the older guys wanna play they get fast tracked but it will most likely be those guys starting to take over the league.

Last edited:
I wonder what made them choose Lowry over Conley who was already apart of the Team USA program? Just seemed redundant to add Lowry when you had a scoring PG and other scorers on the perimeter.

I was thinking it may have ben Conley resting his achilles, but he seemed ready to play.

Because Conley sucks.
And now we wait.

By 2020 the Olympic team will look like a regular season laker game. Just need a couple walk ons to fill out the bench

Here is my prediction for the WC TEAM IN 2019. If everyone is healthy and available to play.

LEGOLD
DURANT
KYRIE
BOOGIE
ANT DAVIS
BRANDON INGRAM
LEONARD
KARL ANTHONY TOWNS (IF HE SWITCHES BACK TO THE US)
DRAYMOND
DRUMMOND
LILLARD
STANLEY JOHNSON

Dark horses

Parker
Booker
Gordon
Pope
No Curry?  No Russ?  No CP3? I guess I can see no Chris Paul as he will be 34, but still.  You are trippin with the point guards you chose.  

Last edited:

Here is my prediction for the WC TEAM IN 2019. If everyone is healthy and available to play.

LEGOLD
DURANT
KYRIE
BOOGIE
ANT DAVIS
BRANDON INGRAM
LEONARD
DRAYMOND
DRUMMOND
LILLARD
STANLEY JOHNSON

Dark horses

Parker
Booker
Gordon
Pope
No Curry?  No Russ?  No CP3? I guess I can see no Chris Paul as he will be 34, but still.  You are trippin with the point guards you chose.  
J Kidd was out there tho

LEGOLD
DURANT
KYRIE
BOOGIE
ANT DAVIS
BRANDON INGRAM
LEONARD
DRAYMOND
DRUMMOND
LILLARD
STANLEY JOHNSON

Dark horses

Parker
Booker
Gordon
Pope
J Kidd was out there tho
For sure.  And that is why I said "I can see" it.  I still would have a 34 year old CP3 out there personally.

Just for reference...here are the amount of 30+ year olds on the past 3 squads:

2008 - 1 (Jason Kidd)

2012 - 1 (Kobe Bryant)

2016 - 2 (Kyle Lowry, Carmelo Anthony) 

Last edited:
sadly, last time melo will be relevant as far as basketball

SAY WHAT YOU WANT, BUT he's got 3 gold medals and a bronze to boot. I would not mind that at all to be honest :smokin

never knocked his accomplishments. but he's 32 on the tail end of his career playing for a rebuilding knicks, who missed the playoffs again. guys at his SF position have jumped him and he isn't that top level player anymore

Last edited:
never knocked his accomplishments. but he's 32 on the tail end of his career playing for a rebuilding knicks who missed the playoffs again.

They'll make the playoffs this year health permitting though so it's whatever.

Honesty winning championships is overrated heavily when we consider it in correlation with a players individual skill.

Melo will likely never win a title unless he demands a trade but he's still one of the best players of his generation and one of the best pure scorers to play in the league.

Back
Top Bottom