*** Usher "Here I Stand" In Stores NOW! ***

this cd is very solid, idk why you guys are dissapointed. a very mature cd.

appetite is something serious, better be his 3rd single.

Trading Places
smh.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

she got her door locked and the lock dont fit your key.. yet you punchin' other numbers in the ADT.. and you're wonderin' how the **** I let this happen to me.. better not feed.. feed.. feed that appetite..
Usher is a beast
pimp.gif

Considering Usher didn't write the song... quoting any of his lyrics isn't exactly a good way of showcasing his talent
laugh.gif

Anyway... I have listened to this album over and over the past week. Over and Over. Musically... I am a huge Usher fan, so this CD was highly anticipated forme. After listening so many times, I have to say that the intent is absolutely there, and the effort is 100% there. And from that standpoint, I give Usherall the credit in the world. My number 1 problem with many artists these days is that they just simply DO NOT evolve. They never show growth, and that'swhy you have 41 year old legends with gold extensions in their hair up in the club sippin patrone with 10 year olds
indifferent.gif

Musically, Usher said... "I'm not doing the autotune, I'm not joining in any trends... I'm gonna do what I'm feelin." Usher is 30years old now, and this album absolutely reflects that. In fact, he nailed it growth wise. I truly appreciated that he was not afraid to do that... it justneeded to be communicated better musically.

The only problem with the album is that, musically, he tried to show growth and often times came up with a stale product. And conceptually, the lyrics andthe song themes began to get monotonous. His constant repetition of the theme of monogamy got on my *%#%$$! nerves. We get it Usher... you married yourbulldog, and you're proud of her. But every song was using the same rehashed theme and at the end of the CD, it was just like "ok... enoughalready."

The production on the album was definitely less than stellar. JD could have come waaay harder, and Will I Am should be ashamed of himself with the trash he hasbeen making lately and giving to people.

Musical Evolution/Growth - 5/5
Vocals - 4/5
Music - 3/5
Overall - 3-3.5/5

Usher is gonna get some backlash from this album in upcoming weeks (he already is from review sites and magazines)... but I still appreciate the CD. Itdoesn't compare to 8701 or Confessions... but you will see him make up for that with his re-release. I can guarantee that you will see some bangers onthat re-release to ensure that his album sales remain high.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

she got her door locked and the lock dont fit your key.. yet you punchin' other numbers in the ADT.. and you're wonderin' how the **** I let this happen to me.. better not feed.. feed.. feed that appetite..
Usher is a beast
pimp.gif
Considering Usher didn't write the song... quoting any of his lyrics isn't exactly a good way of showcasing his talent
laugh.gif

Anyway... I have listened to this album over and over the past week. Over and Over. Musically... I am a huge Usher fan, so this CD was highly anticipated for me. After listening so many times, I have to say that the intent is absolutely there, and the effort is 100% there. And from that standpoint, I give Usher all the credit in the world. My number 1 problem with many artists these days is that they just simply DO NOT evolve. They never show growth, and that's why you have 41 year old legends with gold extensions in their hair up in the club sippin patrone with 10 year olds
indifferent.gif

Musically, Usher said... "I'm not doing the autotune, I'm not joining in any trends... I'm gonna do what I'm feelin." Usher is 30 years old now, and this album absolutely reflects that. In fact, he nailed it growth wise. I truly appreciated that he was not afraid to do that... it just needed to be communicated better musically.

The only problem with the album is that, musically, he tried to show growth and often times came up with a stale product. And conceptually, the lyrics and the song themes began to get monotonous. His constant repetition of the theme of monogamy got on my *%#%$$! nerves. We get it Usher... you married your bulldog, and you're proud of her. But every song was using the same rehashed theme and at the end of the CD, it was just like "ok... enough already."

The production on the album was definitely less than stellar. JD could have come waaay harder, and Will I Am should be ashamed of himself with the trash he has been making lately and giving to people.

Musical Evolution/Growth - 5/5
Vocals - 4/5
Music - 3/5
Overall - 3-3.5/5

Usher is gonna get some backlash from this album in upcoming weeks (he already is from review sites and magazines)... but I still appreciate the CD. It doesn't compare to 8701 or Confessions... but you will see him make up for that with his re-release. I can guarantee that you will see some bangers on that re-release to ensure that his album sales remain high.

Great post

Heard it..........Im not impressed at all.......Easily his worst album, well, second to last. His first CD (Dont remember the name) was weak as hell

Only heard snippets of the cd cuz Im waitin till tuesday.. but wow Appetite is
eek.gif
. Best Thing is flames too

He definitely went for a more grown up sound. Not too sure if this album will appeal to the masses like Confessions did.

Before I met You is my joint. def anthem for reformed players such as myself. "somtimes I had twooooo...."
pimp.gif

Anyone think, the label is goin to do a re-release for this album like they did with Confessions?

If so they should add "Play Me", "Echo" and "Dat Girl Right There" (I heard the mastered version and it sounds really dope to me,definately a banger). I dont think adding another club banger wouldnt hurt.

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

Anyone think, the label is goin to do a re-release for this album like they did with Confessions?

If so they should add "Play Me", "Echo" and "Dat Girl Right There" (I heard the mastered version and it sounds really dope to me, definately a banger). I dont think adding another club banger wouldnt hurt.

Did Confessions ever push diamond status (RIAA)?

^Here you go fam.

Confessions:

* RIAA: 9x Platinum
* BPI: 6x Platinum
* IFPI: 2x Platinum [2]
* CRIA: 6x Platinum
* U.S. sales: 9.5 million
* Worldwide sales: 13.7 million[3]

This album is very average, I don't know if I am going to even burn it yet. It sounds like he's trying to do a Robin Thicke and John Legend mix on thisalbum. It's not a good look

I still find "Trading Places" disturbing and disgusting
sick.gif
Dopebeat but the content is just fruity and takes away your manliness

Before I Met You and His Mistakes are the only songs I like

I loved Confessions so this is really such a disappointment for me. Beats are very average and yes the message of monogamy is used and abused on most of thesongs.

Listened to it today ... def on first listen not as good as 8701 or confessions. But it has a grown and sexy feel to it ... more mature and grown up ... itsdef grown on me on the second listen .. so ill give it a few weeks before i judge. Its not as bad as ppl are saying ... but there are some fillers though.

This album is ehhhh
eyes.gif

Nothing special. I've enjoyed The Dream's CD more than this so far... maybe it'll grow on me?

Back
Top Bottom