Using the N word while singing along to songs Vol. I'm not black

How about 75,000 white people at Coachella (give or take) singing along.

"Something wrong
I hold my head
MJ gone...our %!+*% dead" 
laugh.gif

How about 75,000 white people at Coachella (give or take) singing along.

"Something wrong
I hold my head
MJ gone...our %!+*% dead" 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by Kramer

Maybe Im wrong but it's just a song

whoa whoa whoa.. in case you haven't heard, the N word is kind of a big deal.. 
'specially 'round these parts. 
Ya ya I know, honestly I don't even sing to songs that much anyways so I dont really do it ever. I definitely understand the bad significance of it, and I wouldnt say there's ever a "right" time to say it

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by Kramer

Maybe Im wrong but it's just a song

whoa whoa whoa.. in case you haven't heard, the N word is kind of a big deal.. 
'specially 'round these parts. 
Ya ya I know, honestly I don't even sing to songs that much anyways so I dont really do it ever. I definitely understand the bad significance of it, and I wouldnt say there's ever a "right" time to say it

if im at a murs or mos def or nas or any other of my favorite rap artist's concert, I'm singing along to every word just like everyone around me regardless of race

all of the attendees are there to have an amazing time and show support for our favorite artists

i've even asked some of the black people in the crowd and jay electronica when he was chillin in the crowd with us during mos def's set; their response? "eff it" *lights one up

i swear yall are so up tight about it.

all of these N-word threads are beyond annoying, if you honestly have a problem with it, then respectfully tell them and hopefully they'll respond in a respectful manner.

i honestly think over half of the usage of this word is within a fun atmosphere regardless of race (gaming, concerts, karaoke sing-a-longs, parties, joking around with friends) in which nobody is using it in a negative context/connotation. "It's not what you said, It's how you say it". Do you really think that 100% or even 65% of the people that use the term are honestly trying to refer to the mistreatment of your ancestors and that they openly condone detrimental attacks of the african race in which they wish the confederate should have won the civil war because that's what's morally should have happened?

It's kids, it's games, it's songs, all fun things. If it pains you that much to hear it, then ask politely and if that doesn't work, then maybe you're too sensitive to be hanging out in those environments.

seriously though, lighten up. "eff it" *light one up 
smokin.gif

if im at a murs or mos def or nas or any other of my favorite rap artist's concert, I'm singing along to every word just like everyone around me regardless of race

all of the attendees are there to have an amazing time and show support for our favorite artists

i've even asked some of the black people in the crowd and jay electronica when he was chillin in the crowd with us during mos def's set; their response? "eff it" *lights one up

all of these N-word threads are beyond annoying, if you honestly have a problem with it, then respectfully tell them and hopefully they'll respond in a respectful manner.

i honestly think over half of the usage of this word is within a fun atmosphere regardless of race (gaming, concerts, karaoke sing-a-longs, parties, joking around with friends) in which nobody is using it in a negative context/connotation. "It's not what you said, It's how you say it". Do you really think that 100% or even 65% of the people that use the term are honestly trying to refer to the mistreatment of your ancestors and that they openly condone detrimental attacks of the african race in which they wish the confederate should have won the civil war because that's what's morally should have happened?

It's kids, it's games, it's songs, all fun things. If it pains you that much to hear it, then ask politely and if that doesn't work, then maybe you're too sensitive to be hanging out in those environments.

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by eddiee21

>How about 75,000 white people at Coachella (give or take) singing along.

"Something wrong

I hold my head

MJ gone...our %$@*! dead"�
laugh.gif

I'd probably say it if I was in the crowd. The dude abides to Kanye's request.

Originally Posted by eddiee21

>How about 75,000 white people at Coachella (give or take) singing along.

"Something wrong

I hold my head

MJ gone...our %$@*! dead"�
laugh.gif

I'd probably say it if I was in the crowd. The dude abides to Kanye's request.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

smokin.gif

some dudes on niketalk are uptight about everything.    the same things that i'll get laughs about joking around with  my friends would have me labeled as a sexist, racist, homophobe by the niketalk moral police when im none of those things at all.

smokin.gif

some dudes on niketalk are uptight about everything.    the same things that i'll get laughs about joking around with  my friends would have me labeled as a sexist, racist, homophobe by the niketalk moral police when im none of those things at all.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

it's a word, as long as your saying it with an a and not an er then who cares.

if you really let a word have that much power over you your a weak minded person and will spend your entire life fighting battles.
You just contradicted yourself though. If it's just a word and you shouldn't let a word have that much power over you, then what's the difference between it ending with an "a" or an "er"?

it's a word, as long as your saying it with an a and not an er then who cares.

if you really let a word have that much power over you your a weak minded person and will spend your entire life fighting battles.
You just contradicted yourself though. If it's just a word and you shouldn't let a word have that much power over you, then what's the difference between it ending with an "a" or an "er"?

smokin.gif

Excuse me if I don't condone you sitting around using the n word because it provides you and your boys with a "fun" atmosphere.
eyes.gif

Like you actually have no problem with calling your boy your %!$+! just because you're at a party kicking back drinking a brew? Negative connotation or not, the $*+% don't work like that and I've seen one too many fools get knocked up side their head when they thought it was gravy. You might say I'm too sensitive but I wonder whose gonna be sensitive when me and my boys ask you and your boys to step outside for a second.

Cedric Ceballos, you might not think you're any of those things but if your actions lead others to perceive you that way it's just as bad.

As for the topic at hand, I don't really see how one can justify expecting others to refrain from saying the n word when they're singing along to a song that they probably like just as much as you. It doesn't exactly sit right with me but the double standard can only be stretched so far.

smokin.gif

Excuse me if I don't condone you sitting around using the n word because it provides you and your boys with a "fun" atmosphere.
eyes.gif

Like you actually have no problem with calling your boy your %!$+! just because you're at a party kicking back drinking a brew? Negative connotation or not, the $*+% don't work like that and I've seen one too many fools get knocked up side their head when they thought it was gravy. You might say I'm too sensitive but I wonder whose gonna be sensitive when me and my boys ask you and your boys to step outside for a second.

Cedric Ceballos, you might not think you're any of those things but if your actions lead others to perceive you that way it's just as bad.

As for the topic at hand, I don't really see how one can justify expecting others to refrain from saying the n word when they're singing along to a song that they probably like just as much as you. It doesn't exactly sit right with me but the double standard can only be stretched so far.

oh snap!

rap battle! rap battle!

Back
Top Bottom