V.2015 ITS BALLING SEASON AGAIN.....TAXES!!! Where you doing yours?

The older I get the more I hate tax season :smh:

what do you hate about it?

When I was younger I use to get 2 or 3 thousands dollars back and I'd wonder why so many people hated tax season. Now that I'm 31, have no kids and a well paying job even if I try to balance it out so that I don't pay much federal taxes during the year I'm still owing money at the end of the year :smh:

When I was younger I use to get 2 or 3 thousands dollars back and I'd wonder why so many people hated tax season. Now that I'm 31, have no kids and a well paying job even if I try to balance it out so that I don't pay much federal taxes during the year I'm still owing money at the end of the year :smh:

well, here's some perspective for you.

1. owing money is a great sign that you're earning more money! congratulations on doing good for yourself!

2. you've improved your knowledge about this topic just by paying attention, trying a few different things and monitoring the outcome, and continuing to fulfill your obligations to report and file your information.

3. by paying your taxes timely and consistently, you are helping our nation and society operate efficiently, remain stable, and do some really good things in the world. the most direct impacts are monetary support programs for low income individuals, but also for healthcare, and education funding.

thank you for helping make the world a better place!

Last edited:
hey guys so i grossed over $60k this year and had to use the free fillable form from the IRS site. my federal refund is roughly $1900. Last year I grossed only about $35k but my federal refund was around $1700. Shouldn't i be getting a lot more back all else being equal(filing single)? i had 0 allowances for all of 2014 and majority of 2013. Only other thing i didnt do was file my interest paid on student loans, but that was only $160 and wouldnt have made a HUGE difference. can anyone shed some light?

also, anyone know of any sites that i can just file the CA state return for free? dont want to use like hrblock/turbotax etc. as ive already done my federal. i was thinking of filing directly through the CA FTB website.

thanks in advance NT :pimp:

hey guys so i grossed over $60k this year and had to use the free fillable form from the IRS site. my federal refund is roughly $1900. Last year I grossed only about $35k but my federal refund was around $1700. Shouldn't i be getting a lot more back all else being equal(filing single)? i had 0 allowances for all of 2014 and majority of 2013. Only other thing i didnt do was file my interest paid on student loans, but that was only $160 and wouldnt have made a HUGE difference. can anyone shed some light?

also, anyone know of any sites that i can just file the CA state return for free? dont want to use like hrblock/turbotax etc. as ive already done my federal. i was thinking of filing directly through the CA FTB website.

thanks in advance NT :pimp:

Your in a diffrent tax bracket now and your overpaying. Change your exemptions to 2 or 3. Quit giving the gov free intrest free loans. The money you get back is the money your overpaying

It's like saying her take my money and give it back to me in january

You could be getting an extra $200 a month on your paychecks if you claim 2 or 3.

And to answer your question.NO, you shouldn't be getting more back, you should be getting less

But basically your just overpaying man. Got to change your exemptions. Quit claiming 0.

Last edited:
One of my friends has about $500 in losing lottery scratchers in his truck. If I steal them, how can I write those off on my taxes?

I got a new job in March of 2014, my old job (Sams Club) sent me a letter asking what i wanted to do with my 401k that I had, it was just roughly 2500. I decided just to take the money out because i needed to take care of some bills i had and what not. So after the penalty hit, it ended up being about 1900. My question is i know i have to pay taxes on the 401k money i took out, am i looking to take a big hit on my tax return? some info

single dont claim anyone ( pretty basic filer) , made about 35k at the new job and 8k at my old job. Thanks for the help!

One of my friends has about $500 in losing lottery scratchers in his truck. If I steal them, how can I write those off on my taxes?

You can't. In some states you can deduct that from your winnings lol

What state? You can reregister them online for 2nd winnings. I won a tv and a trip before doing this

Last edited:
I got a new job in March of 2014, my old job (Sams Club) sent me a letter asking what i wanted to do with my 401k that I had, it was just roughly 2500. I decided just to take the money out because i needed to take care of some bills i had and what not. So after the penalty hit, it ended up being about 1900. My question is i know i have to pay taxes on the 401k money i took out, am i looking to take a big hit on my tax return? some info

single dont claim anyone ( pretty basic filer) , made about 35k at the new job and 8k at my old job. Thanks for the help!

Looks like federal taxes was already t taken out

But here is a calculator. Your tax rate to input is 25%

https://www.wellsfargo.com/investing/retirement/tools/401k-early-withdrawal-calculator/

If anyone filed and was accepted, I can tell you the exact date you will get your return. Just post here if you want to know

here is a video that explains it but its probably mumble jumbo to most. i used this technique last year and iwas dead on with my deposit..

those timeline resources can be helpful. keep in mind, they might not work perfectly for everybody.
yes they do. They work perfectly for eveyone. Its your transcripts and they do NOT lie.... Youjust have to know how to read the codded numbers which i do which will tell you when you will get your refund

If anyone filed and was accepted, I can tell you the exact date you will get your return. Just post here if you want to know

here is a video that explains it but its probably mumble jumbo to most. i used this technique last year and iwas dead on with my deposit..

I filed Monday night and was accepted yesterday in the AM

Still waiting on one of my W-2's smh don't see why these things can't be emailed, or atleast put online immediately like the gov't does.

i filed and was accepted on the 24th

Haven't filed yet. Waiting to see if I get more tax documents this week. I will file by the weekend for sure.

House remodel! Re-doing our dining and living room and finally getting rid of the junk in the back yard to open it up more.

getting about 1200 less this year but i decreased my withholding so i should've expected it. kinda regret it though lol

I filed Monday night and was accepted yesterday in the AM

I filed Saturday morning was accepted early Sunday morning and guesstimate when I'll receive my funds.

i filed and was accepted on the 24th

Ok go to http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Get access sign up for it or get guest acceess. Once you do that, go to where it says account transcript, look for 2014 click it open, it will be a off. Once you do that I can tell you the exact date you will get and if you have any holds

I don't need any personal information just the codes and cycle date as per the video above

Last edited:

I filed 1/18 accepted 1/20 wmr still has 1 bar

I filed 1/18 accepted 1/20 wmr still has 1 bar

Do not trust WMR its late updating always. i got my Deposit before and it still showed one bar

Get your transcripts now as I stated above and i can tell you what date you will get it and also if your inder review or hold

Back
Top Bottom