Victor Cruz Signature Shoe

Cruz said they went into negotiations for this shoe over two years ago. A lot of stuff to be worked out and took way longer than expected.

Dude prob thinks SLP jeans and Wrangler jeans look da same too

At least post 2 shoes with similar shades of grey.

The purpose of my post wasn't to show an identical color palette but to show similarity that I still feel is there but that's my opinion.

@instagram I don't own or have any interest in owning a pair of Wrangler Jeans or SLP/YSL jeans to be honest with you and don't think much of either brand, despite the difference in popularity.

View media item 1738280View media item 1738281

Last edited:
you're out of your mind if you think those are similar....now can we get back to these cruz's? :lol:

Everything about those sneaker is technologically different aside from each brand's respective knit.

Complete different soles: free (minimal) v boost (cushiony). Sock upper vs non sock upper. Cage vs mon cage. No pull tab vs pull tab. Cop heel vs non cup heel...

Cool...

The Rush Blue Air Cruz are a must for me and if the Wheat pair are the first pair of Air Cruz to drop they will picked up also!

Last edited:
Anybody familiar with the approval process? I'm curious since we've seen the red pair. Does that mean somebody lower on the Nike totem pole created sample colorways, brought them to Cruz for him to pick, and then they brought it to the higher ups at Nike for final approval?

Last edited:
Yes, once a handful of cws have been chosen for the higher ups they place a special mat on the floor with a space for each respective potential cw. The ceremonial chicken is then brought in and Phil Knight proceeds to cut off his head. As the chicken scurries around and blood shoots from the orifice where it's head was once attached it begins to slow. The color way represented in the space where the chicken falls and eventually succumbs to it's death is then eliminated from the release lineup and sent to Gentry Humphrey's office where the eliminated colorways are produced anyway and subsequently released years later with a backstories. Go ducks.

Last edited:
Wranglers 
pimp.gif

The Air Cruz is like 2-3 years too late. I have little faith that he'll even play this year and I wonder what happens if he never plays again.

OBJ is more deserving IMO, but he has terrible taste in shoes.

Another one and done like Revis

I loved the Revis line and was hoping the 2s would have released. I think I've got about 5 pairs of revis and wear them weekly. So comfortable and the best part was all purchased for over 50% off!

is it sad i hope the reds really dont release just because they look so much like the yeezys?

Last edited:
I really wish this was a Calvin Johnson shoe. It's a cool shoe but Cruz doesn't even warrant his own shoe. He is highly overrated and I'm sure he won't last in the NFL; and if he does, he won't do much. I'm not too thrilled it has his signature on it. I still may buy a pair because I like how the shoe looks, but I'm still not totally in yet.

I really wish this was a Calvin Johnson shoe. It's a cool shoe but Cruz doesn't even warrant his own shoe. He is highly overrated and I'm sure he won't last in the NFL; and if he does, he won't do much. I'm not too thrilled it has his signature on it. I still may buy a pair because I like how the shoe looks, but I'm still not totally in yet.
how many SB rings does megatron have vs Cruz?

I can definitely understand the gripe that Cruz is getting a shoe tho. Personally, I did a double take but didn't care once I saw the shoe was chill.

It's definitely odd that he would get one over other Nike athletes but hey, it is what it is :lol:

I can definitely understand the gripe that Cruz is getting a shoe tho. Personally, I did a double take but didn't care once I saw the shoe was chill.

It's definitely odd that he would get one over other Nike athletes but hey, it is what it is :lol:

If not Cruz, than Colin Kaepernick would have got this. While Cruz is not visible on the field he is definitely visible in the Entertainment and fashion worlds. So he is a draw outside of just sports for Nike. Athlete sneakers don't sell today like they did in the 90's. In the 90's you had to be a good player or at the very least the star of your team to warrant your own signature shoe. Today if you have charisma, a big following on social media, and celebrity connections like Cruz they look at that as a draw. I mean who here hasn't heard of #CruzDayTuesday with footlocker? Victor Cruz is marketable whereas the other guys mentioned, with exception to Odell Beckham, aren't as marketable.

If not Cruz, than Colin Kaepernick would have got this. While Cruz is not visible on the field he is definitely visible in the Entertainment and fashion worlds. So he is a draw outside of just sports for Nike. Athlete sneakers don't sell today like they did in the 90's. In the 90's you had to be a good player or at the very least the star of your team to warrant your own signature shoe. Today if you have charisma, a big following on social media, and celebrity connections like Cruz they look at that as a draw. I mean who here hasn't heard of #CruzDayTuesday with footlocker? Victor Cruz is marketable whereas the other guys mentioned, with exception to Odell Beckham, aren't as marketable.

Ehhhh I've never heard of Cruz day
Kaepernick isn't beloved like he was years ago

Plenty of other athletes are more marketable than Cruz.

I'm not the one to lecture tho since I'm indifferent

Back
Top Bottom