screen-shot-2011-04-23-at-10-26-40-pm.png

screen-shot-2011-04-25-at-12-20-45-am.png

payton.jpg

Screen-shot-2012-01-04-at-12.31.15-PM.png

Screen-shot-2012-01-04-at-12.29.00-PM.png

Screen-shot-2012-01-04-at-12.30.00-PM.png

Originally Posted by ICantJumpMAN67

oh the monkey paw days...i miss the tbug

Ive been trying to hunt down a pair of the white ones for years. They are so hard to find !

I have quite a few I these and Reebok ones, once my scanner is fixed I'll upload. I have framed some of the classic ones as well and put in 'man land'. Look really cool

Bio, just read your post, if you want I can find what SI had those ads and then you can buy for a few bucks off Amazon

You can see the quality in these shoes just by looking at the pictures. Shame on NSW for the junk they're putting out nowadays.

Ah man. So many memories, I remember seeing these ads growing up. I'll be smug and say I'm happy I grew up in the halcyon days when Nike was at the pinnacle of their ad AND TV commercial game... no one else came close to their print ads, a lot of which could stand alone as framed art, they were just so beautiful and pure in their simplicity.

Shot of athlete, smaller inset shot of shoe and some inspiring words.... A formula that made me buy or aspire to buy some shoes from that time frame, for sure.

Thanks guys for compiling all these. That one shot of the Air Pillar and the college wrestler guy got me to actually request the Air Pillar as a replacement shoe when my Ubiquitious Max pair blew out an Air Sole unit, if I recall correctly.

Nike's Final Four campaign with the shoes in the bushels (can't recall which shoe right now, but mid/early 2000s) was a good campaign as well.

Now I think the only companies that carry on hardcore print advertising is probably Vibram, Saucony, Adidas, and maybe New Balance...

First basketball shoe with visa me forefoot air, released soon after the AM 95 I believe

Back
Top Bottom