• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FREE T-MOBILE MSG: You heard it first. G2 is coming, and its fast. Finally, the best of Google at the speeds you crave. Get exclusive access at G2.t-mobile.com

unfortunately right now, it looks like they're still working on the page...

but can't say i'm not excited to see what's coming

EDIT:
here is what was on the page
Screen-shot-2010-08-18-at-8.01.51-AM.png

Good look on some of the icon ideas. Ima have to do some more lookin around. Boost I like those ima just have to see what they look like against my background

Originally Posted by eteam o2

Originally Posted by tyronebillion

whats the best android for ATT?

samsung captivate
or a nexus one if you can find it with at&t 3g bands
oh and they just released the xperia x10 too

The Xperia is still running 1.6.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

I haven't gotten my Captivate yet, so I can test for myself. How do you take a snapshot of the home screen? Is it like iphone, home and power button?

http://androidandme.com/2...rom-your-android-device/

http://www.androidcentral...screenshots-without-root

Good look on some of the icon ideas. Ima have to do some more lookin around. Boost I like those ima just have to see what they look like against my background

Originally Posted by eteam o2

Originally Posted by tyronebillion

whats the best android for ATT?

samsung captivate
or a nexus one if you can find it with at&t 3g bands
oh and they just released the xperia x10 too

The Xperia is still running 1.6.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

I haven't gotten my Captivate yet, so I can test for myself. How do you take a snapshot of the home screen? Is it like iphone, home and power button?

http://androidandme.com/2...rom-your-android-device/

http://www.androidcentral...screenshots-without-root

i just left att and plan on going back to verizon on my family's plan.
i want the Droid X but i hear stores still don't even have it in stock and i'd have to order one and wait a week.  
mad.gif

i'm going to the store today and see what's up.  the incredible and droid 2 are also nice but i'll probably end up waiting to get the droid x.  

i keep hearing about the motorola droid pro which is dropping in november.  motorola is also developing another phone that will be even better than the pro.  they're putting in work and trying to challenge apple.

i just left att and plan on going back to verizon on my family's plan.
i want the Droid X but i hear stores still don't even have it in stock and i'd have to order one and wait a week.  
mad.gif

i'm going to the store today and see what's up.  the incredible and droid 2 are also nice but i'll probably end up waiting to get the droid x.  

i keep hearing about the motorola droid pro which is dropping in november.  motorola is also developing another phone that will be even better than the pro.  they're putting in work and trying to challenge apple.

I asked earlier but didnt get a response. Im an iphone 4 user and I really want to try out Android. Iphone kinda got boring. I have a friend willing to trade a New Samsung Captivate for my iphone 4. Good trade or not? Pros and cons?

I asked earlier but didnt get a response. Im an iphone 4 user and I really want to try out Android. Iphone kinda got boring. I have a friend willing to trade a New Samsung Captivate for my iphone 4. Good trade or not? Pros and cons?

Originally Posted by piczon1983

I would say try out the phone at a store first....then decide for yourself.I've never had an iPhone but Android is better than OS based on the short amount of time messing with it.People I know that switched said it was better.

Originally Posted by piczon1983

I would say try out the phone at a store first....then decide for yourself.I've never had an iPhone but Android is better than OS based on the short amount of time messing with it.People I know that switched said it was better.

damn i didnt know droid x was sold out still...i went to the store to order it there on release date and i got it the next morning...

anyways, this may sound like a dumb question and it prolly is....how come my droid x cant sync with mac?

damn i didnt know droid x was sold out still...i went to the store to order it there on release date and i got it the next morning...

anyways, this may sound like a dumb question and it prolly is....how come my droid x cant sync with mac?

Rooting and underclocking your phone REALLY helps to improve battery life. Battery only dropped 3% after 1hr of browsing and using twitter app

Rooting and underclocking your phone REALLY helps to improve battery life. Battery only dropped 3% after 1hr of browsing and using twitter app

has anyone ever heard of Juice Defender? its supposed to make your battery last longer. ive been using it for a couple weeks and seems to be workin really well.. i can be on the internet all day and still have battery left over

has anyone ever heard of Juice Defender? its supposed to make your battery last longer. ive been using it for a couple weeks and seems to be workin really well.. i can be on the internet all day and still have battery left over

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I can't ever jump onto the Android line... It seems like theres a new phone coming out EVERY DAY.

I'm on Verizon so i'm waiting on the iPhone...I'm over this 'Berry.

i was about to get the Incredible...then the Droid X...then the Droid 2...now I hear about the Droid Pro...and then theres a HTC Sense Android phone with possibly a 2.0Ghz processor on the timeline...
smh.gif

So what that new phones are coming out every day? It's not like the phone you get will be obsolete when the next phone comes out. My G1 was still kicking with an overclocked ROM and Froyo 2.2 and its been almost 2 years since I got it. The great thing about Android is that there are new phones coming out all the time. It gives you options, unlike the iPhone. If you don't like making a decision for yourself and have a company do that for you, then the iPhone is for you.

The point is that Android has a potential 3-4 MORE phones coming out on Verizon alone and I want to make sure I have something that will stand up for even 6 months.

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I can't ever jump onto the Android line... It seems like theres a new phone coming out EVERY DAY.

I'm on Verizon so i'm waiting on the iPhone...I'm over this 'Berry.

i was about to get the Incredible...then the Droid X...then the Droid 2...now I hear about the Droid Pro...and then theres a HTC Sense Android phone with possibly a 2.0Ghz processor on the timeline...
smh.gif

So what that new phones are coming out every day? It's not like the phone you get will be obsolete when the next phone comes out. My G1 was still kicking with an overclocked ROM and Froyo 2.2 and its been almost 2 years since I got it. The great thing about Android is that there are new phones coming out all the time. It gives you options, unlike the iPhone. If you don't like making a decision for yourself and have a company do that for you, then the iPhone is for you.

The point is that Android has a potential 3-4 MORE phones coming out on Verizon alone and I want to make sure I have something that will stand up for even 6 months.

Originally Posted by mrtito32

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

What Icon Packs you guys usin. All the ones I find suck and I dont want an Iphone type icon pack. Id like a more cartoony set of the original icons. But ill just see what you guys are workin with (No Mo)

Check these out on XDA

Here is a screen shot of what they look like:
icto2b.jpg

Anyway I can do this without using bettercut?

Originally Posted by mrtito32

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

What Icon Packs you guys usin. All the ones I find suck and I dont want an Iphone type icon pack. Id like a more cartoony set of the original icons. But ill just see what you guys are workin with (No Mo)

Check these out on XDA

Here is a screen shot of what they look like:
icto2b.jpg

Anyway I can do this without using bettercut?

These two apps have really cleared up my home screen.
I set the stuff like Texts, Emails, Contacts, Settings, Gallery in the taskbar & assigned it different icons & vague icon names (Texts messages = TM, GMail = GM) so that just in case someone does pick up my phone while it's not locked, they're gonna have a hell of time figuring out where my texts & pics are...

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
devil.gif

[h3]Launch-X Pro widget holds up to 49 apps, contacts, shortcuts on HTC EVO[/h3]
Posted by Jenn K. Lee
Categories: 
AppsTips

Running low on empty space on your home screens? Need a way to better organize all those icons and shortcuts?

Then you absolutely have to check out Launch-X Pro (€0.99, free version also available). Recommended by G&E reader Khassy2010, Launch-X lets you display up to 49 apps, contacts, and shortcuts in a single 4x1 customizable widget.

You can choose between three layouts (up to 7 screens with 7 small icons max, a single screen with 7 small icons max, and a single two-row screen with up to 14 small icons), select your desired icon size, and decide whether you want arrows or direct buttons for switching between screens. You can also hide app labels, add or remove the settings button, change the background color and opacity, and use multiple widgets at one time. It's pretty amazing.

+
[h3]How to add app shortcuts to HTC EVO status bar[/h3]
Posted by Jenn K. Lee
Categories: 
AppsTipsTutorials

Since the status bar on the HTC EVO is displayed throughout most of the system, you may as well make it do more than what it already does, especially because when you don't have any notifications or ongoing services running, the left side of the bar is just blank space.

Why not use the notifications area to hold some shortcuts to your most used apps? That would make it faster to access them whenever the status bar is present as well as free up space on your main home screen.
http://
Here's how you do it:
  1. Install Bar Control from Android Market.
  2. Launch it and choose an app (or setting) you want from the list populated with whatever is on your EVO.
  3. Select an icon. Actual app icons can't be used, so the developer provides some other ones.
  4. Repeat as desired.
When you want to go the app, just pull the notification shade down like you normally do and select it from the "Ongoing" section at the top.

-----------------------------------

Long pressing the Home button to bring up your 8 most recent apps is better than Bar Control in some ways, but I use the notification shade so much already that it's nice and convenient to have the app shortcuts there.

Two things I don't really like are that you can't use an app's real icon and there's no way to delete just one shortcut; it's all or nothing. Most of the provided icons are fine, though, and my shortcuts don't change often enough for the deletion method to be a major issue.

=

ftw1.jpg

These two apps have really cleared up my home screen.
I set the stuff like Texts, Emails, Contacts, Settings, Gallery in the taskbar & assigned it different icons & vague icon names (Texts messages = TM, GMail = GM) so that just in case someone does pick up my phone while it's not locked, they're gonna have a hell of time figuring out where my texts & pics are...

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
devil.gif

[h3]Launch-X Pro widget holds up to 49 apps, contacts, shortcuts on HTC EVO[/h3]
Posted by Jenn K. Lee
Categories: 
AppsTips

Running low on empty space on your home screens? Need a way to better organize all those icons and shortcuts?

Then you absolutely have to check out Launch-X Pro (€0.99, free version also available). Recommended by G&E reader Khassy2010, Launch-X lets you display up to 49 apps, contacts, and shortcuts in a single 4x1 customizable widget.

You can choose between three layouts (up to 7 screens with 7 small icons max, a single screen with 7 small icons max, and a single two-row screen with up to 14 small icons), select your desired icon size, and decide whether you want arrows or direct buttons for switching between screens. You can also hide app labels, add or remove the settings button, change the background color and opacity, and use multiple widgets at one time. It's pretty amazing.

+
[h3]How to add app shortcuts to HTC EVO status bar[/h3]
Posted by Jenn K. Lee
Categories: 
AppsTipsTutorials

Since the status bar on the HTC EVO is displayed throughout most of the system, you may as well make it do more than what it already does, especially because when you don't have any notifications or ongoing services running, the left side of the bar is just blank space.

Why not use the notifications area to hold some shortcuts to your most used apps? That would make it faster to access them whenever the status bar is present as well as free up space on your main home screen.
http://
Here's how you do it:
  1. Install Bar Control from Android Market.
  2. Launch it and choose an app (or setting) you want from the list populated with whatever is on your EVO.
  3. Select an icon. Actual app icons can't be used, so the developer provides some other ones.
  4. Repeat as desired.
When you want to go the app, just pull the notification shade down like you normally do and select it from the "Ongoing" section at the top.

-----------------------------------

Long pressing the Home button to bring up your 8 most recent apps is better than Bar Control in some ways, but I use the notification shade so much already that it's nice and convenient to have the app shortcuts there.

Two things I don't really like are that you can't use an app's real icon and there's no way to delete just one shortcut; it's all or nothing. Most of the provided icons are fine, though, and my shortcuts don't change often enough for the deletion method to be a major issue.

=

ftw1.jpg

^^ got that set cpu program and am gonna def. drop mine to about 850mhz and see what happens to the battery / performance

^^ got that set cpu program and am gonna def. drop mine to about 850mhz and see what happens to the battery / performance

Back
Top Bottom