Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what are some noticeable differences?

Ok, keep in mind I didn't get to play around too long. They only had the white one on display too. The metal frame is a really nice touch. It's not slippery feeling. It almost feels like it has a texture to it. The S pen feels more responsive. The screen didn't appear to be as over-saturated as the 3. The phone felt substantial. I know that's hard to tell on a tethered device, but it seemed to be more rigid that the iPhone 6 plus.

I know you were really impressed with it, but any more impressions on the 2014 Moto X?

How's the battery life been treating you?

Man... I want to pull the trigger on this $169 Chromebook...

Anyone have a review or opinion on Chromebook?

Which one? There are a lot of models of Chromebook.

This is what I've written about them before

Wow Sold out. Thats what I get for being indecisive

Go on slickdeals.net and set an alert for "Chromebook" so you'll get an e-mail if/when a great deal pops up. I check the site daily so I can post it in here if people are interested.

Like I said before, if all you need from your computer is web/Netflix/music/etc. it's perfect. You can still do office stuff with Google Docs, if you're already invested in Play Music you can have all your music via the cloud. It works perfectly with a Chromecast, mine has an SSD so it's a fast boot as well. If you wanted to play around with Linux, you can also dual boot that as well. They're cheap, especially if you pick up a refurbished one. The only downside right now is there hasn't been a "perfect" Chromebook yet. Basically, you can find one with a great screen or design but the internals are lacking... or you can find one with great specs but the design and screen are just average. The Acer C720 I have isn't the greatest screen by any means, but it's just an average notebook screen, which is fine for the price.

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-chromebook/
http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/18/5817400/the-best-chromebook

I know you were really impressed with it, but any more impressions on the 2014 Moto X?

How's the battery life been treating you?

I really really like it. The battery life hasn't been too shabby. I can't wait for root so I can install xposed. I hate having to hit enter after using my passcode and I wish it had the Nexus' dialer. I really miss the caller ID and the ability to search for a business inside the dialer. Overall I really like it. The leather is a nice touch. The camera isn't much to speak of, but my kids don't really sit still long enough to take great pics of them anyway. I think I said this in here before, it's probably my favorite phone since the Nexus 5. The screen is the perfect size.

Which one? There are a lot of models of Chromebook.

This is what I've written about them before
Thanks bruh...

I started a small company, and we're trying to use google for all of our office stuff (sheets, docs, slides, etc)

So I dont think I'll be using too much microsoft stuff...

I think I'm most looking for battery power. i dont really care about how bright the screen is, etc.

i just want something smooth w/ a good battery..

plus, doesnt it come w/ a free 100 gb of online storage? i'll take that.

Glad to hear it lobo, the more I read about it and a lot of positive feedback have me really excited for it.

And ricky, which Chromebook model is it exactly? I have the C720 4GB version and the battery life lasts me all day without issue. Most will have pretty solid battery life, but some are a lot better than others.

The only thing to be concerned about is some models might have weaker battery life and it might get bogged down here and there if you're doing a lot of things at once. But if it's one of the newer Celeron processors or if it's got 4GBs of RAM, you'll be perfectly fine. Even then, at the price you can get a really solid machine that'll probably be light, fast, handle the internet, Google Docs, etc. and be a good value.

Last edited:
If battery life is top, Chromebook is the way to go. I'm still waiting until they get a lil more power. I think I heard that photoshop is making their way to Chromebooks so it might not be too far away

My N5 screen is flaking away bit by bit. I need that N6 ASAP

If battery life is top, Chromebook is the way to go. I'm still waiting until they get a lil more power. I think I heard that photoshop is making their way to Chromebooks so it might not be too far away

Some of the new ones have the Intel i3 chip already so I'm sure that will be the standard soon.

i think google should have holla'd at samsung and used the galaxy alpha for the new nexus... a couple tweeks to the alpha it would have been on point...

A premium feeling phone with vanilla android. I can dig it. But Google/nexus needs to do something with their garbage camera. Nexus makes HTC one cam look like a DSLR.

What is aosp? Is that a rom? Should i do custom roms? I dont mind losing any sense features, i dont use them anyway. Is it worth it? Anyone on an m8 that doesnt use sense?

Android Open Source Project.

AOSP (Android Open-Source Project) is the project with the open-source parts of Android. It's used as a base by anyone who wants to build or customize an Android ROM. Although new Android features are developed in secret inside Google, when a new Android version is released, all the code changes to the open-source parts get merged into AOSP soon afterwards. ("Soon" is a relative term: sometimes it's not very soon at all.) Conversely, Google receives and incorporates changes submitted to AOSP (such as to fix bugs) from outside, but sometimes with a delay (because they have to create a release branch of the source long before the next release).

TLDR: original code/source from Google.

Last edited:
What is aosp? Is that a rom? Should i do custom roms? I dont mind losing any sense features, i dont use them anyway. Is it worth it? Anyone on an m8 that doesnt use sense?

A vanilla android ROM. Barebones stock android with no overlay (sense or touchwiz).

You'll still have your knock unlock/lock BTW.

Glad to hear it lobo, the more I read about it and a lot of positive feedback have me really excited for it.

And ricky, which Chromebook model is it exactly? I have the C720 4GB version and the battery life lasts me all day without issue. Most will have pretty solid battery life, but some are a lot better than others.

The only thing to be concerned about is some models might have weaker battery life and it might get bogged down here and there if you're doing a lot of things at once. But if it's one of the newer Celeron processors or if it's got 4GBs of RAM, you'll be perfectly fine. Even then, at the price you can get a really solid machine that'll probably be light, fast, handle the internet, Google Docs, etc. and be a good value.

Back
Top Bottom