• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The tablet should be priced at $249.99 - $349.99. The ipad exudes class with it's top notch craftsmanship and way above average optics. I can't complain if someone is spending between $400 - $500 on one even though I think the OS is weak and lacks in functionality. Long story short the Nexus 9 should not be priced anywhere near the new ipads but hey that's just my opinion ofcourse

I 100% agree on this. Coming from HTC I thought it wouldn't be a problem but that wasn't the case. Pretty disappointed but they let me return it with no hassle. I will be going with an iPad mini 3 or another android tablet. Any recommendations?

Interesting. Samsung did away with the air gesture features on the note 4.I'm slightly disappointed as I liked the 'wave hand to switch songs' feature. I rarely used it when I had an s5,but it was still cool to have.

The tablet should be priced at $249.99 - $349.99. The ipad exudes class with it's top notch craftsmanship and way above average optics. I can't complain if someone is spending between $400 - $500 on one even though I think the OS is weak and lacks in functionality. Long story short the Nexus 9 should not be priced anywhere near the new ipads but hey that's just my opinion ofcourse

I 100% agree on this. Coming from HTC I thought it wouldn't be a problem but that wasn't the case. Pretty disappointed but they let me return it with no hassle. I will be going with an iPad mini 3 or another android tablet. Any recommendations?

Man its weird, I hate my iPhone and swear at it every day but I love my iPad.

iPad is still killing the game.

Anyone else having long charge times on nexus 5 on 5.0? It takes 4-5 hours for my phone to fully charge using the OEM charger

Anyone else having long charge times on nexus 5 on 5.0? It takes 4-5 hours for my phone to fully charge using the OEM charger
Yup. Same here. Been trying to find a fix but couldnt find anything. With the slow charge and trash battery life, I kinda want to go back to 4.4.4. But I dont want to delete everything again :smh:

T-Mobile Doubles Down on Music Freedom with Addition of 14 New Services
Un-carrier customers streaming more than 66 million songs per day; while 1 in 4 U.S. wireless users
say they’ve switched or would switch to T-Mobile in order to unleash their music

BELLEVUE, Washington — November 24, 2014 — T-Mobile (NYSE: TMUS) today announced a major evolution of its groundbreaking Un-carrier 6.0 program (Music Freedom), with the addition of 14 new streaming services, more than doubling the number of providers currently in the program. Today’s additions include names like Google Play Music, Xbox Music and SoundCloud as well as a diverse range of specialty services to suit all tastes − whether you’re into EDM, Jazz, Caribbean, Bollywood or all of the above. (See below for a full list of the newly added services.)

With Music Freedom, T-Mobile Simple Choice[emoji]8482[/emoji] customers stream all the music they want on T-Mobile’s Data Strong[emoji]8482[/emoji] network − data charges do not apply. And, not only is Music Freedom available for T-Mobile customers at no extra charge, it’s also completely free for music streaming providers. No backroom deals. No paid prioritization. Just you and your music − unleashed.

“Music Freedom is pro-consumer, pro-music and pure Un-carrier,” said John Legere, president and CEO of T-Mobile. “And today we’re taking another huge step toward our ultimate goal of including every streaming music service in the program. Anyone can play. No one pays. And everyone wins.”

Music Freedom has been wildly popular since its launch this summer. The number of T-Mobile customers streaming music each day has jumped nearly 300%, and they’re streaming a whopping 66 million songs per day − or roughly 200 terabytes of data per day − on T-Mobile’s Data Strong[emoji]8482[/emoji] network.

Music Freedom has also become a major draw to switch to T-Mobile. In a recent survey of U.S. wireless users1, 1 in 4 said that Music Freedom alone is a key reason they’ve switched or would switch to the Un-carrier.

New services added today include:

Google Play Music− Winner of the popular vote among Un-carrier customers
Xbox Music − ‘All the Music You Love’ on all your devices
SoundCloud − Provides access to the world’s largest community of music & audio creators
RadioTunes − Features a wide variety of free streaming radio channels
Digitally Imported − The first service in Music Freedom devoted entirely to electronic dance music
Fit Radio − A wide selection of great workout songs for the gym
Fresca Radio − Delivers 40 channels of the best Latin, Hispanic and Caribbean music
JAZZRADIO − Enjoy endless hours of the best jazz music around
Live365 − Thousands of internet radio stations featuring music in every style
Mad Genius Radio − For those who like a lot of music and who like their playlists fresh
radioPup − Featuring 300+ local radio stations streaming the best music available
Radio.com − Original programming including streaming music and more
ROCKRADIO − 100% rock, streaming the most diverse variety of rock music online
Saavn − All the best Bollywood and Indian music, online and on the go
These join 13 other services previously part of Music Freedom, including Rhapsody, Pandora, AccuRadio, Black Planet, Grooveshark, iHeartRadio, iTunes Radio, Samsung Milk Music, Radio Paradise, Rdio, Slacker, Songza and Spotify.

Music Freedom now covers 27 music streaming services of all sizes and musical genres. Three of the new services added today – Google Play, Xbox Music and SoundCloud – were voted for by close to one million people in an online poll. Three were submitted directly by T-Mobile customers, and the other services responded to T-Mobile’s open invitation to join Music Freedom.

T-Mobile has a vision to add every possible music streaming service to Music Freedom, and any music streaming provider can be part of Music Freedom by applying through T-Mobile’s open submission process. To learn more about Music Freedom, please visit t-mobile.com/musicfreedom.

GAME CHANGER. Google Play Music getting on the list now makes unlimited data pointless for me

T-mo FTW..... so glad i left vzw man

obviously i take a bit of a hit on the service side, but for my everyday use in my usual locations t-mo is perfect

Yup. Same here. Been trying to find a fix but couldnt find anything. With the slow charge and trash battery life, I kinda want to go back to 4.4.4. But I dont want to delete everything again
mean.gif
no nandroid backups?
might have to hold off until a kernel with fast charge capabilities is built.

If I had money to blow I would be all in on the Nvidia Shield Tablet and the controller. Also interested in reviews and availability of the Nokia N1 when released.

Roughly a week after I got my Nexus 6, a review...

Size Let's get the size thing out of the way. It's big. But you get used to it. It takes just a bit, but for anyone coming from a modern Android flagship, this isn't a huge huge change. Pinky on the charging port isn't the preferred method of holding the 6 for me like it was other phones. You adapt fairly quickly. It's note much bigger than the Note 4, but it's definitely harder to hold. The 4 has a nice rigidity to it that made it the easiest Note to hold. The Nexus 6 isn't the Nexus 5 in the comfortable aspect, but what phone is really? The back of the 6 is too slick for my liking, I think I will remedy that with something I have never used; a textured skin.

Battery I've only tested this once. I didn't charge it all day. With normal use I had 35% when I went to bed. Qi charging and the Turbo charger are welcomed additions here.

Lollipop Lollipop is wonderful. It's beautiful, fluid and the added depth gives context to whatever you are doing. The flat-and-3d-ness of Lollipop isn't just a masturbatory design language. You get to understand what I mean more and more everyday. Things react as they logically should...and all without a hint of skeuomorphism. The animations are also a nice quirky, unobtrusive touch. They give ontext to your actions. They make sense. I have three devices running Lollipop, the Nexus 5,6, and 9. Lollipop is best on the 6. I haven't had any lag, hiccups, reboots, or anything like that. It's really really fast. Smart Lock features are fantastic. The face lock is almost instant. The ability to keep your phone unlocked when wearing a smart watch or connected to your car is incredible. Soon, trusted places will allow me to keep my phone unlocked when I'm connected to certain wifi networks. Lollipop feels like a whole OS through and through. Relying on Google Apps is a nice thing for someone like me who constantly flashes and doesn't feel like moving pictures from device to device.

Camera I've only used the camera a bit. It's fine. I feel like we've reached a point in phone cameras where they all, aside from the M8, are fine. "The best camera is the one you have on you" is definitely true. The Nexus 6 is perfectly fine. It's not Lumia or Note 4 great, but there's no glaring weaknesses. I am sure I will snapping more pics over the holiday.

Speakers They're great. Not Boomsound great, but great. They are loud and clear. They lack a little bass, but great in every other aspect.

Development Community Nexus devices always have an unparalleled development community. Within 30 minutes of receiving my Nexus I had an unlocked bootloader, I was rooted and free from all signs of AT&T. New ROMs are being worked on already, some already being tested. Within a day of the phone landing in hands, an unutilized Notification LED was unearthed. That's crazy.

I stated when we learned that the Nexus was a huge Moto X that the next best thing would be a Moto X running Lollipop. That may still be the case, but I won't be ditching my Nexus to find out. The dev community is so deeply rooted in this thing that waiting on unlocks and roots that may not come sounds awful to me.

I love the 6. It does everything well. There isn't a weakness. An upcoming update is coming that will enable multi-window and other multitasking functions that people enjoy on the Note. Imagine those conveniences without having to deal with TouchWiz.

Back
Top Bottom