• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

http://bgr.com/2015/03/24/google-gmail-pony-express/

Internet
google-gmail-pony-express.png
I

As if the United States Postal Service wasn’t already in deep enough water with the countless online innovations making physical mail obsolete, Google’s  new service could make paying your bills as easy as having a Gmail account.

Re/code reports that Google is working on a project called Pony Express that will allow users to view and pay their bills straight from their Gmail accounts, without having to visit those awful websites belonging to utility companies and other service providers.

According to the document that Re/code got its hands on, the service is expected to launch in the fourth quarter of 2015. Pony Express (which may just be a code name) would give Google access to even more personal information than it obtains when users sign up for an account, allowing for more specific targeted advertising and could be “a gateway into industries such as personal finance or lending,” as Re/code notes.

Images from the document show that signing up for Pony Express requires users to input data including full name, social security number, telephone number and credit card information. Once verified, users will receive bills in Gmail or the Inbox app. It’ll even have its own folder:

google-inbox-pony-express-folder.png

Using the credit card or bank linked with the Pony Express account, users will be able to pay their bills without ever leaving their Gmail application. You can even share a bill with another Gmail user, so this could be perfect for roommates who split utility costs.
I am usually all for Google and their stuff, but I am not so sure about this one. They should pay from your linked accounts and cards in Google Wallet and not have to re-enter them. I am also not down with putting that SSN on their stuff either. They have enough info as it is
laugh.gif
I'm here for this.  I dont have enough money for Google to want to steal it or my identity anyway so they can have the info 
ohwell.gif

I am gonna start asking these random women around campus how on earth the found out about the OPO. I am so curious :lol:

I see them joints all the time.

Note 3 , 4 getting lollipop now on ATT

I had to get off of Wi-Fi to avoid this all day :lol:

Too close to getting root to throw it all away now. The temptation is strong though.

EDIT: Apparently you can roll back from 5.0.1. I'm about to hop on this update ASAPtually.

Last edited:
Since Spotify doesn't requite you to have a premium account on tablets to choose and play any song I decided I was going to try it out in my car. I put the tablet in the front seat and connected it to my tape deck (next car has to have Bluetooth :smh:). Next I turned on a hotspot with my phone and connected my tablet to it :lol:

Worked like a charm, and didn't use that much data. If I could figure out how to do it with only my phone I'd be set but this will do for now
if you lower DPI on your phone enough, it turns into tablet mode. might work to spoof spotify. not sure if you can spoof your DPI.

not really down with having all my personal financial info directly attached to my email. it's just too much

not really down with having all my personal financial info directly attached to my email. it's just too much

This.

I'm liking 5.0.1 on the Note 4 so far... But the lack of Themes is disappointing. Hopefully the next update will have it.

My OPO shipped today. :pimp:

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Enjoy fam.

Any reason you chose to pick up the 1 now instead of waiting for the 2?

I just wanted a new phone plus my Nexus 5 is lagging.

updated my N5 to 5.1. **** moves like goku compared to my note 4 :smh: my cousin needs a new phone so I'm gonna let her shine on my N5.

after spending a few weeks with note 4, i can say i dig the battery life, the dual window, the size (still getting used to it) and the screen and build quality. all are :pimp:. but software wise, stock lollipop was the GOAT. responsive as ****, material design, clean...fast.

That M9+ or whatever it is going to be called is ugly. The way the home button breaks up the Boomsound speaker is awful design.

Here's a better look at the front

Looks like the duo camera is back, fingerprint scanner, QHD display. Wish they would have announced this with the M9 though.

Is that gonna be the slide finger print reader like on the s5 and note 4..that home button looks identical.

Back
Top Bottom